New on MyClient – Investment Black + White VPI offer
In an effort to make things easier, we are providing MyClient users with online access to The
Investment Black + White VPI offer.
The following will be out of scope for this piece of functionality:
• Countries excluding South Africa and Namibia
• Risk Business (ie Greenlight)
• Old Generation Savings (ie Flexi & Conventional)
• Non-contractual policies (ie IH Single Premium, Max Select or Max Flexible)
• Premium paying terms shorter than 5 years
• Policyholders having completed more than half of their premium paying term
• Paid-up policies
Page 1 of 9
The functionality explained:
You can access your Investment Black + White VPI offers from the “MyClient” homepage, by either
selecting the link from the left hand navigation menu or from the dashboard. The MyClient
dashboard displays the total number of applicable contracts for your clients as well as the total
potential upfront (UF) and as-and-when (AAW) commission (calculated on a 25% premium increase).
Clicking on either link will take you to the masterlist of contracts for your clients for which VPI’s
Page 2 of 9
“Masterlist” summary screen
Total number of
upfront and as-and-
“Quoted on” filter when commission
(assuming a 25%
Click on column
headings to sort
The summary screen displays a list of qualifying1 contracts for your clients. This data is generated
monthly and then loaded into MyClient. Note that some information relating to the contract (e.g
current premium) may have changed since the data was generated. The following information is
• Total number of qualifying contracts for your clients
• Total possible upfront (UF) and as-and-when (AAW) commission (assuming a 25% premium
For each qualifying contract:
See page 1 for details on qualifying contracts.
Page 3 of 9
• “Quoted on” indicator: if this icon is present then you have recently requested a VPI quote
for this contract.
• Contract number: if you click on the contract number the portfolio of the owner of the
contract will be loaded and the “Existing Business Quote” screen will be displayed, pre-
populated with the new premium details.
• Contracting party
• Product type:
o Product: IH (Investment Horizons) or Max Investments
o Type: Committed or Focussed (unique to Max Investments)
o Tax wrapper: End (Endowment), RA (Retirement Annuity) or LISP
• Current Premium: the premium on the contract on the date at which the data was
• “Prem Freq”: the payment frequency of the premium (Monthly, Quarterly, Half-Yearly or
• Payment Method: the method by which this contract is being paid (D/O – Debit Order; S/O
– Stop Order)
• “Prem Protection”: indicates if this contract has premium protection. If the contract has
premium protection you will need to submit an underwriting annexure (automatically
included as part of the quote) with the signed quoted.
• “UF Comm”: indicates the possible upfront commission that will be paid if the premium is
increased by 25%.
o IH and Max Committed: Refers to the non-annualised the of first and second year
o Max Focussed: The Upfront commission payable on the receipt of the first increased
• “AAW Comm”: indicates the possible as-and-when commission that will be paid if the
premium in increased by 25% (only applicable to Max Focussed products)
The screen also offers the following functionality:
• “Quote on” filter: use this filter to select whether to display contracts you have already
quoted on as part of the Investment Black + White VPI offer. If this option is selected then
all contracts (including those quoted on) will be displayed. If the option is not selected
then only contracts that you have not quoted on will be displayed. All contracts are
displayed by default.
• Sorting: you can click on any column heading to sort the results displayed by that column.
Clicking on the heading again will alternate between ascending and descending order.
Clicking on a contract number will display a progress screen while the contract owners’ portfolio is
loaded and the “Existing Business Quote” screen displayed.
Page 4 of 9
Page 5 of 9
“Existing Business Quote” screen
Once the clients’ portfolio has been loaded the “Existing Business Quote” screen will be displayed.
This is the same screen you currently use when creating a quote. For more information on how to
use the “Existing business quote” screen please click here.
Page 6 of 9
A – The potential upfront and as-and-when commission will be calculated and display here based on
the new “Investment Premium” entered. This changes dynamically as different premium values are
B – The new “Investment Premium” will be pre-populated with a 25% increase on the premium as it
was when the data was generated. You can change this premium as required (the commission
figures displayed in “A” will be automatically updated)
C – The “CPI” “Scheduled Annual Premium Increase” option will automatically be selected if there
is currently no API in place (a message will be displayed if this occurs). You can change this if
D – If you click on this button you will be able to download a customized 5 page investment report
for your client illustrating the benefits of increasing their premium.
E – If you click on this button you will be able to download a customized 3 page investment report
for your client illustrating the benefits of increasing their premium (the “Myths and Facts” pages
will be excluded).
If you click on the “Submit” button a confirmation popup will be displayed:
If you would like to make more changes before requesting the quote then click “Cancel”. If you are
happy to proceed click “OK”. The following message will be displayed once the quote has been
Page 7 of 9
Click on the “OK” button. The confirmation screen will be displayed.
Page 8 of 9
Once you have requested the “Existing Business Quote” the confirmation screen will be displayed.
This is the same confirmation page that is currently displayed as part of the “Existing business
A – Click this button to view the generated quote. As part of the “Investment Black + White VPI”
offer the quote will now include an underwriting annexure (if the contract has premium protection)
and/or stop order form if the payment method on the contract is “Stop Order”
B – If you have generated the quote as part of the “Investment Black + White VPI” offer clicking on
the “Done” button will return you to your “masterlist”; otherwise the “Done” button will function
Page 9 of 9