WHO IS HACKER??
HISTORY OF HACKING.
TYPES OF HACKING??
WHO IS ETHICAL HACKER??
HOW TO BECOME ETHICAL
WHO IS HACKER???
• Cut with repeated irregular blows.
• Examine something very minutely.
• The person who hacks.
• System intruder/destroyer.
Process of breaking into systems for:
• Personal or Commercial Gains.
• Malicious Intent – Causing severe damage to Information & Assets.
HISTORY OF HACKING...!!
• Robert T. Morris made an internet worm. It spread through the
internet and crashed about 6000 systems.
• Clifford Stoll caught the hackers who are the German hackers
applied by KGB.
• Kevin Mitnick was caught by Tsutomu Shimomura who was
security expert. Kevin Mitnick uses the IP Spoof attack in this
In the recent years, there has been an alarming increase in the
number of email fraud cyber crime cases on the Internet.
Hacking email accounts, stealing sensitive data, copying the
address book, intercepting data, virus infections, password
attacks, spoofed messages, abusive emails, Trojan attacks and
espionage are only some of the many concerns that have
started affecting email users worldwide.
Emails are also commonly being exploited by computer
criminals to execute privacy and identity attacks on
The terrorists involved in the recent Ahmedabad and Delhi
blasts in 2008 had hacked into Wi-Fi systems of individuals to
send terror mails. Such occurrences underline the need for
ethical hackers who can safeguard the internet.
TYPES OF HACKING
There are two types of hacking:
• Ethical hacking.
• Malicious hacking.
Malicious hacking is type of hacking in which the hackers just crash
or smash the system by the hacking manuals or programs. They are
called as “BLACK HAT”.
Ethical hacking is type of hacking in which the hacker is considered
as friend who opposes the malicious hacking. They are called as
WHO IS ETHICAL
An Ethical Hacker should be identified as a friend.
An Ethical Hacker is someone who hacks with legal permission
to strengthen systems and makes them Penetration-Proof.
They step into the minds of computer criminals to predict their
moves and stop them before they can strike.
“To catch a thief, think like a thief ”- That’s the basis for Ethical
Hackers, as they have the ability to think and act like a criminal
and can get into the mind of a criminal, outsmarting him or her
to protect systems.
What is Ethical Hacking???
• In Ethical Hacking, the hacker identifies the weakness in the
system, but instead of taking advantage of the situation, alerts
the owner, so that the later can fix the problem and make his
• Ethical Hackers use the same tools as hackers do, but they are
not a threat to the system. Some people do Ethical Hacking as
a hobby, while some pursue it as their career.
HOW TO BECOME ETHICAL
• To become an Ethical Hacker, being computer savvy
and gadget friendly are important pre-requisites.
• There should be a keen interest in the Internet and
basic knowledge of Networking, Programming &
desire to stay updated in the field of Ethical Hacking
and Cyber crimes.
• There are few levels of certification courses to be
done with the student’s like CEH,CISE,etc.
• CISE (Certified Information Security Expert)
certification is one of the most recognized certification in
Information Security and Ethical Hacking Domain.
• The Program covers all aspects of Information Security and
Ethical Hacking, enabling one to become an Information
• CISE Level 1 v 2.0
• ITS (IT Security) Experts are in demand. According to
NASSCOM, the demand for ITS Experts is going to rise
substantially worldwide. ITS is the next big thing in ICT and you
should make the best of it.
• A Certified Ethical Hacker is a skilled professional who
understands and knows how to look for the weaknesses and
vulnerabilities in target systems and uses the same knowledge
and tools as a malicious hacker.
• A survey done by the International Data Corp (IDC) says
that the worldwide demand for information security
professionals stands at 60,000 and companies such as Wipro,
Infosys, IBM,Airtel and Reliance are always looking for
good Ethical Hackers.
• Although the starting salary for Ethical Hackers in India ranges
from Rs 7lakh to Rs 12lakh per annum(acc. 2011),the annual
salary can be between Rs 30.2 lakh to Rs 42.5 lakh post
• “Computer security is a Global Issue and it’s the job
of an ethical hacker to make the cyber space safe,
now and forever.”
• “Currently there is a huge gap between the demand
and supply as far as Ethical Hackers are concerned
in India. Because of this shortage, pay packages and
growth opportunities are superlative and Ever-