Treat your Mother this Sunday – make her feel special, spend a bit of time
in the kitchen making this delicious but easy cake to have afternoon tea
with her, or a cheeky glass of bubbles ! Taking the time to make it will make
her feel fabulous and appreciated; I know I am a mother!
We all can have the odd piece of cake, just make sure it’s a delicious home
cooked one that doesn’t have any additives or preservatives, and this one is
gluten free as well.
Flourless Chocolate Cake
250gms dark chocolate
150gms castor sugar
100gms ground almonds
1 5 eggs separated
1. Melt chocolate, sugar and butter in a double saucepan.
2. Stir in ground almonds.
3. Add the egg yolks one at a time.
4. Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into mixture
5. Cook in a 22cm inch spring form tin at 180° c for 40 minutes
6. Cool in tin
7. Serve with thick cream and some berries (there are still a few late season