Download Logo Mercy Housing Colorado receives $25,000 from The Denver Fou The grant will be used to expand the development of affordable housing and re the Denver Metro area 04.22.2009 – DENVER — Mercy Housing Colorado will now be able to develop new affordable homes and provide supportive programs for low-income seniors, families Twitter Pitc and people with special needs in the Denver Metro area, thanks to a $25,000 grant Mercy Housin $25,000 grant from The Denver Foundation. Foundation for services The grant was awarded as part of The Denver Foundation’s Community Grants Program. It will go toward Mercy Housing Colorado’s work in the Denver Metro area, News Facts where the organization has seven properties with 295 affordable homes for about The grant w 940 residents who make a median household income of $12,511. Denver Fou Program. “With this generous award from The Denver Foundation, Mercy Housing Colorado It will go to Colorado’s can continue its work to provide vibrant, stable and healthy communities in the area, where Denver area,” said Jennifer Erixon, Mercy Housing Colorado president. “We are seven prop thankful that The Denver Foundation shares in our mission to provide affordable homes for a housing and resident services to help people improve their lives.” make a medi $12,511. Mercy Housing Colorado continues to develop new affordable housing for a variety of In May, Mer populations. In May, the organization will celebrate the opening of its first permanent the opening supportive housing property – the Aromor Apartments in Denver’s Capitol Hill. Mercy supportive h Housing Colorado is also in talks to build its second affordable property for families Aromor Apa Hill. Mercy H in the Stapleton area in Denver. talks to build property for “The Denver Foundation is honored to help Mercy Housing accomplish its goal of area in Den providing affordable housing for Metro Denver residents,” said Rebecca Arno, spokesperson for The Denver Foundation. Resource Li The Denver About Mercy Housing Colorado Mercy Housi Tags Mercy Housing Colorado, a regional office of the Denver-based, national nonprofit Mercy Housi organization Mercy Housing, has 13 properties throughout the state that are home to Denver Foun nearly 1,600 people. Mercy Housing, a national not-for-profit affordable housing housing, Aro organization headquartered in Denver, has a presence in 41 states, serves more Stapleton, J than 117,000 people on any given day and has participated in the development, Arno financing or operation of more than 35,700 homes. About 75 percent of Mercy Housing’s portfolio is rental units, and the remaining 25 percent is homeownership. Mercy Housing serves families, seniors and people with special needs (formerly homeless, people with HIV/AIDS and the developmentally disabled). For more information about Mercy Housing Colorado, please visit www.mercyhousingcolorado.org. About The Denver Foundation The Denver Foundation is a community foundation that inspires people and mobilizes resources to improve life in Metro Denver. In 2008, the Foundation awarded $68 million in grants. The Denver Foundation has two roles: stewarding an endowment to invest in meeting current and future needs for the Metro Denver community, and managing over 800 charitable funds on behalf of individuals, families and businesses. For more information, visit www.denverfoundation.org. ### Short URL: http://pitch.pe/9449 About Mercy Housing Mercy Housing, a national not-for-profit affordable housing organization headquartered in Denver, has a presence in 41 states, serves more than 115,000 people on any given day and has participated in the development, financing or operation of more than 35,000 homes. About 75 percent of Mercy Housing’s portfolio is rental units, and the remaining 25 percent is homeownership. Mercy Housing serves families, seniors and people with special needs (formerly homeless, people with HIV/AIDS and the developmentally disabled). Contacting Mercy Housing Mercy Housing 1999 Broadway, Ste. 1000 Denver, CO 80202 303-830-3300 Website: http://www.mercyhousing.org Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mercy-Housing/9937095549?ref=ts Twitter: http://twitter.com/mercyhousing LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/companies/mercy-housing Press Contact Jennifer Kostka Office: 303-830-3323 Cell: 303-263-4561 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=638923983&ref=name LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/2/8a3/426 Interview Request Jennifer Kostka Office: 303-830-3323 Cell: 303-263-4561 Email: email@example.com © Copyright 2009 PitchEngine, Inc.