How Can a K1 Fiancee Visa Work for You

Document Sample
How Can a K1 Fiancee Visa Work for You Powered By Docstoc
					It is natural for an American who is in love with a Filipina or other foreigner to want
to bring her to the United States and marry her here. The best and fastest way to do
this is to apply for a K1 fiancee visa. A K1 fiancee visa is a non-immigrant visa that
allows a foreign national to come to the United States for ninety days (90) and marry
her American fiance. If she has children under twenty-one years of age, she can also
bring them with her through a K2 visa.
  Who can apply for a K1 visa
  A lawful U.S. citizen who is unmarried and who has the means to support a wife in
the United States can file for a K1 visa at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration
Services (USCIS). A person with a Lawful Permanent Resident status is not qualified
to file for a K1 visa.
  The petitioner must also provide documentation to prove that he has seen his fiancee
face-to-face at least once in the last two years prior to filing of the K1 visa petition.
He must also signify his intention to marry her within 90 days.
  Documents needed for the petition
  You must include the following documents in the Form I-129F to be filed with the
      *Birth certificate
      *Financial records to prove your capacity to support your fiancée while she is in
the United States
      *Divorce or annulment decree or a death certificate to prove that previous
marriages are now legally terminated
      *Dated photographs, airline tickets, hotel accommodation receipts and others to
prove that you have seen your intended wife in the last two years
      *Letters, emails, chat records, phone bills and other evidences to show that you
have an authentic relationship with your fiancée

 K1 visa process
 Once your petition is approved by the USCIS, it will be forwarded to the National
Visa Center for further investigation and processing. After NVC is through with it, the
petition is then sent to the Embassy in Manila, which will notify your fiancee and
schedule her for medical examination and for the visa interview. Once the consul
officer found your fiancee eligible, the K1 fiancee visa will be generally be sent to her
within 10 days.
 How long is the visa valid
 The fiancee visa is a single entry visa that is valid for only six months from the date
of issuance. Your fiance must travel to the United States within that time and you
must get married within 90 days from the date of her arrival in the U.S. Otherwise,
she will be asked to leave the country or be deported. can help you make the entire process simple, quick and easy. We
will help you prepare all the right documents to considerably reduce your wait time
and avoid receiving the dreaded Request for Evidence letter. Call us now at (888)
894-8655 or for a free consultation, or visit us online at