The Dynamic Memory External Fixator (DMEF)
Mind Fountain – Medical Technology
• The Problem Current treatment of fractured long bones,
particularly the tibia (lower leg), is expensive, has a long healing
time, and can lead to a variety of complications.
• Target Population It is estimated that the annual number of
lower leg fractures in the U.S. is 225,000; in the U.K. 46,000; in
Germany 63,000; in Canada 25,000; in Brazil 141,000; and in Japan
98,000, to mention only a few countries.
• The Solution We have developed a smaller, lighter, user-
friendly Fixator requiring minimal surgical procedures, thus reducing
the risk of infection or knee pain, common following intramedullary
The device is ready to market
New Features of the Rev. Fixator:
•All Metric designed parts (industry standards)
•All aluminum parts (weight reduction)
•Greater intramedullary pin positioning angle
•Greater shaft positioning angle
•Collar rotation locking lever (prevents
•Ball spline post pinned to universal joint
• Our device is NOT just another External Fixator, but is a tool that
accelerates ossification – the natural formation of the callus (the body’s
“bone glue”) at the appropriate healing stage.
• Successful clinical trials were conducted at Hadassah Hospital in
Jerusalem, which yielded the following astonishing results:
– The device almost completely eliminates the risk of bone
– The device reduces the treatment time of tibia fracture by 50%,
compared to other fixators, thus, allowing for rapid return to normal
– The device almost completely eliminates the need for physical therapy,
once it is removed.
– The device is extremely user-friendly to the orthopedic surgeons, who
traditionally dislike external Fixators.
• A Money Saver The substantial reduction in treatment and rehabilitation time will save
millions of pounds & dollars, respectively, to the British NHS, American HMOs, and rural
– The device is competitively priced, offering an alternative to the more expensive
intramedullary nail surgery.
• Patent The device is currently registered in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., France, Germany,
Italy, Switzerland, and Israel.
– With its new design improvements, we began processing a new patent, adding an additional
20 years of protection.
• FDA and CE It is a 510K device ,and we began the process of obtaining CE certification;
• Market The device’s estimated market size in the U.S. is $250 million annually, with a similar
sized market in Europe;
– The above revenue can be doubled by effective marketing aimed at taking over a portion of
the current intramedullary surgery nails market of more than $½ billion a year in the U.S.
• Company We will establish companies in the U.S. and U.K. with internationally renowned
orthopedic surgeons as board members.
• Financing To commercialize this device, we seek £1,100,000, while the company’s
valuation is conservatively estimated at £4.5 million.
Skin Melanoma Detector
Mind Fountain – Medical Technology
• The current accuracy rate of skin melanoma detection is about 65%
among dermatologists and 50% among family and general
physicians. Some studies rate the positive predictive value of
current evaluations at as low as 20%.
• If melanoma is detected in its early stages, the patient is often cured
by a wide and deep resection of the tumor.
• It would be of great benefit to patients if one could perform a non-
invasive analysis prior to lesion surgical removal.
The Software Solution
• We developed groundbreaking software that already exhibits 87%
• It is part of an inexpensive system that provides immediate
evaluation of all new skin lesions.
• It provides a precise analysis of changes in dermatologic diagnostic
ABCD parameters (asymmetry, border irregularity, colors, &
• It will make the distinction between benign and malignant tumors,
thus, significantly reducing unnecessary surgical removal of benign
• It offers navigation capabilities for easy lesion follow-up and
excellent body mapping.
Dermoscopic Images are
sent via e-mail, website
upload, CD- ROM, or
diskette to the Analysis
The melanoma detection
software makes exact
calculations of each of
the ABCD parameters for
Our system uses dermoscopic imaging that can capture details beneath the
dermal layer, based on spectral imaging, originally developed for satellite
• Near-Perfection We plan to maximize our software detection accuracy to reach – in
combination with the new spectral imaging – up to 99% accuracy, by establishing an online
database of prospective melanoma images.
• Patents The software is patented in the U.S. and we are in the process of registering an
international patent for the integration of the software and the new spectral imaging. The latter is
patented in the US and internationally.
• Companies We are about to set up an analysis and marketing company in the U.S. and the
• Marketing Since the system is internet-based, the requests for our services could come from
the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia, and in time from other countries around the world to
capture part of the estimated more than £1 billion market.
• Savings Our detection system could save tens of millions of pounds & dollars, respectively,
to major health care providers such as the British NHS, American HMOs, and rural area medical
• Follow-up Since individuals usually have more than one lesion and will require a follow-up,
our system will send automatic e-mail and pre-recorded voicemail reminders to the referring
physicians and their patients.
• Investment We seek £1,250,000 based on the company’s valuation, which is estimated at
Female Incontinence Therapy Device
Mind Fountain – Medical Technology
• The Problem Some women’s pelvic floor muscles weaken,
often leading to lack of urinary control.
• Target Population The female urinary incontinence
problem affects more than 17 million American women and a similar
number in Europe.
• Traditional Treatment The most commonly recommend
method for re-strengthening these muscles is to practice Kegel
exercises. However, half of the women affected do not know how to
do it properly and the other half tend to stop after a short while.
• Our Solution A device that aims to raise the quality of life for
women who suffer from this condition by simplifying and improving
the efficiency of treatment, thus easing the tremendous discomfort
and embarrassment associated with female urinary incontinence.
• Our device generates the desired muscle contractions by localized electrical stimulation, and is
designed for optimal interface between the probe’s electrodes and the user’s pelvic floor muscles;
• It is elegant, lightweight, compactly designed, user-friendly, self-manageable, simple to operate,
painless, and safe for treating the 3 forms of incontinence: stress, urge, and mix;
• It eliminates the need for continual readjustments by a physician;
• It utilizes a non-irritant, medical grade silicon with superior characteristics, ensuring that it is
comfortable, safe, and easy to clean;
• Insertion and removal of the electrode probe is made easy due to its flexibility;
• The probe’s geometry and flexure allow for optimal anatomical fit and prevent accidental self-
extraction, regardless of whether the user is standing, sitting, stationary, or walking;
• The probe will be offered in two sizes to fit the range of vaginal anatomies;
• Our device’s innovative & discreet design, comfort, and ease of operation will contribute to
overcoming the barrier to treatment by moving it out of a hospital and clinic environment and into
the privacy and comfort of the user’s home.
• Clinical Trials The first round of trials was conducted in Israel that showed an overwhelming
degree of user-compliance, cooperation and satisfaction;
– We are about to launch the second round of clinical trials at two urogynecological outpatient
departments associated with: (1) Harvard Medical School in Boston and (2) Cedar Sinai
Hospital – affiliated with U.C.L.A. in Los Angeles.
• Regulations It is a 510K FDA device and during this visit to London, I have begun the
process of obtaining CE certification.
• Patent The device is patented in the U.S. and was just registered in Europe.
• Companies We will establish our company in the U.S. and U.K.
• Market In treating female urinary incontinence in the U.S., $2.5 billion annually is spent on
diapers; $1 billion on surgery; $1 billion on medication; and $1 billion on devices, all which
increases by 6% annually.
– Our device could, in time, replace a portion of the $4.5 billion diaper, surgery, and medication
markets, given that each has drawbacks
– The low cost of the device to the end-user will make it affordable to almost all women,
making it an attractive competitive alternative to other forms of treatment.
• Financing We seek £1,500,000, while the company’s valuation is estimated at more than