15 g fresh yeast or 7g dry (1 sachet)
450g Flour 250ml hot water (from kettle)
300ml milk 1 tsp salt
• Cream the yeast with a little of the tepid liquid
• Add the rest of the liquid to this and pour it into the
• Beat well with a wooden spoon for approx 5 minutes
• Cover the bowl and allow to stand in a warm place
for one hour
• Dissolve the bicarb and salt in a little warm water
abn: 14 126 318 518 • Add this to the sponged mix beat it well and allow to
rest for3/4 hour
• Just before time is up, heat up a heavy based pan to a
A ‘NOT FOR PROFIT’ ORGANISATION moderately hot temperature.
• Grease egg rings (or crumpet rings if you have them)
Located at: with butter or oil
1 Koala Drive Koonwarra 3954 (off Sth Gippsland Highway) • Place greased rings on the hot pan and let them heat
Phone: 03 5664 2480 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org up
Fax: 03 5664 2203 • Pour batter into the rings so the bottom of the ringed
Postal address: PO Box 92 Koonwarra 3954 area is covered
For Class information or School Presentations please • Allow to cook gently until the top is set
contact • Remove the ring and turn them over for just a minute
Tina Collins on 03 5664 2480 or 0417116851 to allow them to dry on that side.
www.peacefulgardens.com.au • Enjoy warm or toasted.
Vegetarian Sausage Rolls Cabbage Coleslaw
1 Young, tender cabbage shredded to yield appox 3 cups
3 organic free range eggs 2 tablespoons minced ham (optional)
½ cup of fresh Almonds 2 teaspoons finely chopped eschalots or red onion
1 onion peeled and chopped 2 tablespoons chopped parsely
1 carrot peeled and chopped ½ tsp dry mustard 1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon tamari sauce 1 diced apple ¼ cup mayonnaise
1 cup cottage/ricotta cheese Salt and pepper
½ cup organic bread crumbs Method
1 cup organic rolled oats
• Mix all ingredients in a large bowl – transfer to
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
quantity of pastry (can use flaky, puff or shortcrust)
To make your own mayonnaise –
Method • Place one egg, 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar and
• Whiz the nuts in a food mill or food processor, pinch of salt and pepper in food processor and blend.
set aside, then whiz the rolled oats, set aside. • This can also be done with a bamix and a jug.
Next whiz the onion, carrot and parsley. • With blades going, slowly add ½ cup of organic
• Lightly beat the eggs, add the rest of the sunflower or light olive oil – start by dripping it in
ingredients (except pastry) and mix well. very slowly and you will notice it start to thicken –
• Roll pastry out into rectangle and cut pieces so once it has begun to thicken the oil can be added a
that the width allows for the filling and just to little quicker.
fold over on the bottom. • Check the flavour and adjust the seasoning - a little
• Place mixture onto the long edge of the pastry bit of mustard powder or paste is also nice in
and roll, cut into portions, brush the tops organic mayonnaise.
whole milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds. • This will keep in the refrigerator for approx 1 month
• Place sausage rolls on a baking tray and bake at in an airtight container.
200C for 20 minutes until crisp and golden