OUTSTANDING YOUNG SCIENTIST (OYS)
The Outstanding Young Scientist (OYS) Awards are given to young Filipino
scientists (must not be 41 years old within January to December in the year of the awarding)
who have made significant contributions to science and technology.
A total of twelve (12) OYS Awards are available annually, split among the following
Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences
Engineering Sciences and Technology
The award consists of a trophy and a cash prize.
A nominee must be:
(a) A Filipino citizen;
(b) Must not be forty one (41) years old within January to December in the year of the
(c) Of exceptional ability to undertake scientific research as evidenced
by papers published in reputable scientific journals; and
(d) Of good moral character.
Judging is based on:
(a) Quality and number of scientific works and publications
(b) Contributions to the advancement of science in general and science in the
Philippines, in particular; and
(c) Contributions to the well-being of the Philippine economy and culture.
Nominations for these awards may be made by heads of government or private
research institutions, departments of colleges or universities, or academic or professional
scientific organizations or societies.
The deadline for submission of nominations is every last working day of November.
(Please follow this format)
1. Name of nominee (First Name, Middle Name, Surname)
2. Date and place of birth:
4. Mailing address / telephone number / e-mail address:
5. Residence and telephone number:
6. Civil status (If married, please indicate name of spouse and children.)
7. Educational background (Indicate school/university address, degree, and year
obtained, inclusive dates of attendance, honors/awards received).
8. Present position:
9. Previous positions in reverse chronological order:
10. Research interests:
11. Awards received (Indicate year received and name of awarding
12. Scientific and technical publications (Give complete citation and include
manuscripts in press.)
13. Research papers and studies completed or expected date of completion, and
(Include only those not listed in item 11.)
14. Membership in professional organizations:
15. Scientific/technical conferences/seminars attended (Indicate place and date of
conferences/seminars and nature of participation, i.e., whether as chairperson,
resource person, convenor, participant, etc.)
16. Assessment by the nominator of importance of scientific and technical
contributions of the nominee to society.
17. Three (3) references (Include addresses.)
18. Certification of nominator, following the format below.
Name and signature of Nominator Institution
Telephone/Fax Nos./e-mail address Date prepared
Note: Please submit ten (10) copies of the nominations including copies of (a) all college-
level, higher degree and graduate level, undergraduate diplomas and transcripts of records,
(b) 2" x 2" photographs taken within the last six months, (c) birth certificate, and (d) copies of
the three (3) most important research publications of the nominee.