Web 2.0 Linking
Its been a full two weeks at this point since I have been able to write a note on link building strategy,
and in the interim I have had an exciting time, battling with a browser hijacker, and building websites
in niches other than the make money niche, in order to prevent my sales from disappearing as they are
prone to in that niche.
While I have addressed 8 of 25 or so categories that I currently use in my link building strategy, today I
am going to speak about a category that crosses several of the boundaries of link building, Web 2.0.
Creating profiles on Web 2.0 sites is a good way to create backlinks, and diversify your link building
strategy, and you can build an awesome presence through the proper use of Web 2.0, on a perpetual
The technique is fairly simple, the primary sites to use for web 2.0 are obvious to most people the top
two are twitter and Facebook, and there are those among the cloud who feel that they are the only two
sites you need to address. You should bear in mind, that an entire course, not an article, can be written
on the proper use of social media in web 2.0, and you can spend as much as $2000 just to learn how to
properly use Facebook. So my focus here will be to provide short outline on the method, I provide
some great resources under my affiliate review pages on KennethJamesFord.com, when you decide to
get more focused. I will include a list of top Web 2.0 sites on the blog, but I am not going to use the
space on Facebook.
You start the technique by identifying web 2.0 sites, you can do a Google search, or just go to
http://socialmediaanswers.com/niche-social-networking-sites/ where you can find a complete listing, by
category, and you will find sites pertinent to your niche.
After you have identified a list of sites that will be pertinent to your marketing effort, create profiles
and upload some articles that include anchor text with some of the keywords you are seeking to get
traffic on. You can then use a pinging service, rss strategy and social bookmarking to index your
articles so that the engines can find them. That's all there is to it, very simple.
You can create a Google news alert for your niche keywords, and have alerts sent to you when new
sites are launching, and be the early bird on new back link property as well, if you care to.
The strategies to penetrating Facebook and Twitter are somewhat more complex, and the best advice I
have on the subject is to go ahead and either get a paid Facebook course, like Hyper FB traffic, which
provides a comprehensive course at a value price, I will give you a free FaceBook scraper software if
you buy it through my link, Pay the big dollars ($2000) for a course like Crowd Conversion, or muddle
your way through with free strategies.
If you have questions or suggestions pertaining to any of these strategies, please feel welcome to
comment. I don't tolerate Spam either here or on my central blog so don't waste your effort with it, but I
am very happy to respond to any real life conversation. Thanks for stopping by, and I will be posting
again before next weekend, apologies for the delay in this post. Here are the top 50 Web 2.0 sites.
Top 50 Web 2.0 Websites:
1) http://www.youtube.com/ 27) http://www.wikia.com/wiki/Wikia
2) http://www.wikipedia.org/ 28) http://multiply.com/
3) http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites 29) http://www.stumbleupon.com/
4) http://twitter.com/ 30) http://www.squidoo.com/
5) http://photobucket.com/ 31) http://www.skype.com/
6) http://www.flickr.com/ 32) http://www.last.fm/
7) http://wordpress.com/ 33) http://www.bebo.com/
8) http://www.imdb.com/ 34) http://www.etsy.com/
9) http://digg.com/ 35) http://www.reddit.com/
10) http://www.ehow.com/ 36) http://www.vimeo.com/
11) http://www.typepad.com/ 37) http://delicious.com/
12) http://www.topix.com/ 38) http://www.pandora.com/
13) http://www.livejournal.com/ 39) http://www.meebo.com/
14) http://www.deviantart.com/ 40) http://www.fotolia.com/
15) http://technorati.com/ 41)https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogi
16) http://www.myspace.com/ n?service=feedburner
17) http://www.facebook.com/ 42) http://www.woot.com/
18) http://www.linkedin.com/ 43) http://www.buzznet.com/
19) http://www.hi5.com/ 44) http://www.meetup.com/
20) http://www.plaxo.com/ 45) http://www.zazzle.com/
21) http://www.orkut.com/Signup 46) http://www.xanga.com/
22) http://www.tagged.com/ 47) http://www.myyearbook.com/
23) http://www.ning.com/ 48) http://www.flixster.com/
24) http://www.friendster.com/ 49) http://www.kaboodle.com/
25) http://www.metacafe.com/ 50) http://www.snap.com/