JOB TITLE: ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT
RESPONSIBLE TO: ACCOUNTING MANAGER
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. To be in attendance and to be on time at designated work station.
2. Complete assigned tasks on time
3. Assist AP: assist AP resolving discrepancies and problems with vendor invoices
4. Assist Payroll: this include maintain employee termination worksheets and terminate employees
from Kronos; process finished payroll checks by putting them in envelopes and marking off the
employees paid on provided check-off list (when help is needed)
5. Record Daily Bank Cash Account Activities: this include recording previous day bank deposits
and post to the system; print, review and record daily credit card and cash deposits to Excel
spreadsheet and reconcile with previous day bank report; record accounting deposits
6. Manage Sales Journals: print and review sales journals, post Level II expenses; maintain sales
7. Outside Income: generate and send invoices for Rents and Services
8. Maintain Accounting Calendar
9. Perform other related duties as assigned by managers.
CONFIDENTIALITY: Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights. Maintains
confidentiality of all medical, financial, or other sensitive materials and information in printed, electronic or
verbal form, which may jeopardize the privacy of patients and/or employees. Accesses and uses the
minimum necessary patient identifiable information to perform job responsibilities and duties and only for
WORKER QUALIFICATIONS FOR ESSENTIAL AND MARGINAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Lifts and carries items weighting up to 30 lbs. during an eight hour shift for distances of no
more than 30 feet.
2. Ability to communicate effectively in English language in person, by phone and in writing.
3. During an eight hour shift will typically spend at least six hours sitting in continuous periods
of 60 minutes or more.
4. Ability to use the computer for a majority of an eight hour shift.
5. Ability to communicate with co-workers and vendors in a professional and courteous manner.
6. Detail oriented with the ability to work accurately with numbers.
7. Requires manual dexterity and the operation of a ten key calculator.
1. Formal education or training in accounting or substitute like experience for education.
1 Ability to use and/or learn Great Plains financial software, Excel spreadsheet, word
processing software, and Crystal Reporting software.
2 Organizational skills required.
3 Attention to detail.
4 Excellent communication skills.
5 A team player.