Solutions Engineer - eCommerce
Location: New York, NY
Position Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Head of Project Management
The Solution Engineer position is a critical role at Venda requiring exceptional post-sales,
technical, and communication capabilities. This position works closely with the project
management and technical teams. The Solution Engineer will help gather requirements from
clients and analyze their business and technical needs. They will ensure the client’s data
structure, data flows, business processes, features, usability, and web design are all best practice
and will liaise with Venda’s technical team to ensure that all enhancements and custom solutions
are robust and consistent with best practice. In other words, they are responsible that the design
of the solution on the Venda platform meets the customer’s business needs.
The role develops the necessary documentation required for project managers and the technical
team to use to ensure a successful project. This position will be an advocate for the client and
help ensure we do the right thing (with holistic thinking) for the client.
This is an important position that contributes directly to project implementation success. We
move quickly on new business opportunities so the ideal candidate is one that thrives in a
dynamic environment, can quickly learn (our systems and client systems) and is able to adapt.
We seek a self-starter who can interact effectively, build relationships with business and technical
partners at all levels within the organization, and demonstrates exceptional communication,
analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
• Identify client problems, processing and business drivers and understanding the context and
constraints under which they operate
• Proactively discover the underlying business goal for every client’s decision
• Solve and create solutions to business problems faced by clients
• Perform functional/configuration analysis associated with work orders and project requests
• Design and document data flows, processes, and business rules – both textually and visually
• Create and maintain requirements documentation, including Use Cases – both high level (for
• Apply best practice (including usability, SEO, branding, etc.) to every implementation
• Work on multiple opportunities/projects simultaneously
• have a minimum of 3 years’ Solutions Engineer (or Technical Business Analyst) experience;
• are a well-rounded eCommerce expert, with a holistic view, seeing all pieces of the puzzle;
• have the ability to interact with and influence all levels of personnel including executive
managers, project managers, and technical staff;
• have strong technology foundation and understanding of programming, database, networking
methodologies, user interface design and systems integrations;
• have a thorough knowledge of, and experience with, internet/web technologies;
• posses exceptional communication skills;
• can manage ambiguity and handle working under pressure;
• are a team player, able to work independently with minimal supervision and work under tight
• are self-motivated and proactive;
• are confident, self-assured with focus;
• have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related Business field.
• Some travel to client sites required (~20%).
This position is based in Venda’s headquarters in midtown Manhattan. Regular office hours are
8:30am to 5:30pm and off-hour work may be required in the normal course of projects.
Venda has been involved in electronic commerce since its birth more than 20 years ago when we
started out delivering online information services over proprietary networks. By the time web-
based commerce arrived 10 years later, the Venda platform was already in conception.
After the boom and bust of bubble at the turn of the century, we set-out to revolutionize the
market by providing on-demand eCommerce systems that could efficiently provide thousands of
online businesses - small and large - with best-in-class functionality service and support. We are
now global eCommerce solution leaders for Software as a Service (SaaS), or, as our merchants
call it, Strategic advantage as a Service. Venda was designed and built from the ground up on a
true multi-tenanted outsourced platform delivered globally via SaaS.
Our mission is to maximize your revenues and overall ROI. That means personal attention to
every detail to help you navigate the complex global eCommerce landscape and succeed. And
here is the team that will help you to deliver it.
Please send your CV or resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org