SOUTHEAST KANSAS DAIRY GOAT CLUB
Show Information / Send Entries to:
Janet Maxwell, Show Chairman
P.O. Box 432
Fredonia, KS 66736
The Southeast Kansas Dairy Goat Club (SEKDGC) is hosting an ADGA sanctioned, one day,
double ring open dairy goat show on Saturday, July 10, 2010. The first show on Saturday starts at
8:00 am with the second show starting at 8:30. Junior, Senior Doe, and Buck shows are separately
sanctioned. All breeds are sanctioned.
LOCATION – Walter Johnson Park (Fairgrounds) in Coffeyville, Kansas. The fairgrounds are
located on the northeast side of Coffeyville on the east side of Hwy 169.
JUDGES – Sara Stewart and Melinda Butler.
RULES OF THE AMERICAN DAIRY GOAT ASSOCIATION WILL GOVERN
1. The junior and senior doe shows, and the buck shows are sanctioned by ADGA for all breeds
including Nigerian Dwarf and Recorded Grade. Entry Fee is $4 per animal for each show entered and
must accompany the entry form. We request that you submit your entry form to be received by the
Saturday before the show, July 3rd. Entries will be accepted any time prior to the start of the show in
which the animal will appear.
2. Health Papers are required and will be checked prior to unloading any animals. Any animals showing
evidence of sickness, disease, or contagious lesion will not be allowed to stay on the Fairgrounds.
3. All senior does must be entered and in place by 8:00 am on the day of the show. There will be no pre-
show milk out. All junior does and bucks must be entered and in place before the beginning of the
show in which they will appear. The junior doe, senior doe and buck shows are separately sanctioned.
4. Original registration or recordation certificate is required for all animals age 6 months or older.
Stamped duplicates will be allowed for animals less than 6 months. Copies, telephone calls, or telegrams
will not be accepted in lieu of original certificates. These papers much be shown to the secretary prior to
the show. The base date to determine age is the date of the show.
5. Pens will be assigned. Exhibitors will be required to provide their own hay, feed, and bedding.
Water is available.
6. Show whites are requested, but not required. No sleeveless shirts, spaghetti straps, short shorts, or bare
midriffs will be allowed in the show ring.
7. The show committee reserves the right to change the order of the Show.
JUNIOR DOES: Does under 24 months of age that are not in milk and have never freshened.
1. June 1, 2010 to Show Date
2. May 1 to May 31, 2010
3. April 1 to April 30, 2010
4. March 1 to March 31, 2010
5. January 1 to February 28, 2010
6. July 10, 2009 to December 31, 2009
7. July 10, 2008 to July 9, 2009
8. Junior Champion & Reserve Junior Champion
9. Best Junior Doe in Show
SENIOR DOES: Does that have freshened and are in milk.
10. Under 2 years (in milk)
11. 2 years & under 3 years
12. 3 years & under 4 years
13. 4 years & under 5 years
14. 5 years & older
15. Senior Champion & Reserve Junior Champion
16. Best Senior Doe in Show
17. Championship Challenge
18. April 10 to July 10, 2010
19. January 10 to April 9, 2010
20. November 10 2009 to Jan 9, 2010
21. July 10, 2009 to November 9, 2009
22. Junior Champion & Reserve Champion
23. 1 year and under 2
24. 2 years and under 3
25. 3 years and under 4
26. 4 years and under 5
27. 5 years and over
28. Senior Champion & Reserve Champion
29. Best Buck in Show
30. Championship Challenge