Christies Sailing Club Newsletter AUGUST '07 by hjkuiw354


									Christies Sailing Club
    AUGUST ‘07
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:             Meets on 3rd Friday each month 8pm.
    Commodore: Aga Dunda.                        8382 1610 mob 0407 714 754
    Vice-Commodore: Marc Read                    8358 6194 mob 0401 470 087
    Treasurer: Paola Davis (1 yr)                8326 0280 mob 0408 129 414
    Secretary/Bar Manager: Marilyn Dunn (2 yrs) 8381 8226

Committee Members:
    Bryn Davis           8326 0280 mob 0418 893 901
    Chris Dean           0416 299 602
    Graeme Read          8381 3484
    Gordon Sullivan      8386 2401

SAILING COMMITTEE:             Meets 2nd Friday each month 8pm.
Chairman (Vice Commodore): Marc Read          8358 6194
Handicapper: Aga Dunda                        8382 1610
Race Officer: Bernie Dunn                     8277 4762 mob 0419 821 603
Rescue Boat Manager: Steve Blight             8382 5765
Minute Secretary: Marilyn Dunn                 8381 8226

Committee Members:
    Roy Douglas                    8323 0006
    John Amos                      8327 3414
    Jeff Prosser                   8381 5047

Please note: Members are welcome to attend Committee Meetings

Fees; Senior/Family $110
      Veteran $75
      YSA Levy $47

Club E-mail Club Phone 8384 1903
Opening Hours: Friday from 8pm / Saturday all day (during the season) / Sunday
from 4pm.
 Newsletter Editor Marilyn
Club Web Site:
Featured in this newsletter is a special report taken from the log kept by Kym
Greenhalgh on the 2500nm trip from Adelaide to Hamilton Island aboard the
Farr 42 ‘Laurelle’-the boat is based at Royal Melbourne Yacht Club and was
here for Lincoln Week but the owner was injured and a crew was found to sail it
to Queensland for the Hamilton Island Race Week.

The crew was;
Skipper: Paul Greenhalgh (CSC)
Crew: Kym Greenhalgh (CSC)
         David Pearce    (CSC)
         Steve Downs
         Phil Pattison

Sunday 22nd July
I was up early this morning as I still had to get ready to go away-I didn’t know
where to start but I eventually got things sorted out. Marie made me a big
cooked breakfast and both the kids slept in. Went out the front and started
chopping the itchy tree on the top to fill the green bin up before leaving.
Got a call from Paul around midday to say Dave would pick me up between 1
and 2 pm. I was all packed up and ready to go with 2 big bags of oranges but he
didn’t turn up.
Marie took me down to the CYC at North Haven and helped me get all my gear
down to the boat.
The other crew went and got 2 large pizzas and we set off when the pizzas were
on board at 7pm.      Engine hours 207.5. Full fuel.

Monday 23rd July
Had a good sail out of the gulf last night and we had a full mainsail up and were
getting up to 10 knots boat speed. Paul broke his own rules and the cardinal sin
of sailing at night with a full main. We got around Cape Jervis and into
Backstairs Passage and all hell broke loose with the wind picking up and we
were way overpowered. It was all hands on deck to get the main down as we
didn’t have a reefing line in. It took an hour to sort out because we had to go
back to the lee of the land to try and get out of the wind. I didn’t have any wet
weather gear on and got soaked and it was around 4.30am before we settled
down and was under way with the motor only, but didn’t make much headway
due to the tide. At daylight put the jib up and a main with 2 reefs and headed
for Cape Northumberland. We had an average speed of 8.5 knots for most of the
day and over 24hrs averaged 8.2 knots which worked out around 200 nautical
miles for the day which made Paul happy. By 8pm we were off Cape Jaffa and
still sailing with the jib and 2 reefs in the main.

Tuesday 24th July
There was more drama last night with the change of watch between 2.30 and 3
am. Paul and I had been sailing through the night with the headsail up and the
main with 2 reefs. We were coming up to our next way point and had to change
course and go higher. We had been flying and getting up to 13 knots and
decided to drop the headsail. Dave took the helm and went off the wind so we
could pull the headsail down and it jibed on him with the main sheet catching
him and smashing him on the deck and he lost his glasses overboard. While they
were pulling the headsail down I jibed it accidentally and the main sheet got
caught around the port side steering wheel and the pressure fractured the
carbon fibre wheel. Dave and Phil stayed up on watch when we sorted ourselves
out and Paul and I went down for some sleep. Early in the morning Dave was
doing 10-11 knots with only the main up as the wind was blowing up to 30 knots.
Paul and I both slept in till around 8.30am and the boat was still flying along.
Had breakfast today and tidied myself up. Sailed on the main only till around
11.30am till we put the headsail up. As the day went on the wind moderated. At
around 3pm put the gennaker up taken from my boat ‘Oriole’ as the wind was
due north and it gave us a bit more drive as the wind was on the beam. Pulled it
down at 4.30pm and Dave and Phil started cooking tea- spag bog. As the sun
went down we were back up to about 8 knots boat speed. Engine hrs.219.7.
6.30pm CST

Wednesday 25th July
At 10pm last night Paul called us up on deck to pull the headsail down as the
wind was picking up with bullets coming through. Once it was down I stayed up
on watch with Steve and Paul went for a sleep. Steve stayed with me till 2am and
then Phil came up with me and I stayed on watch till 3am when Dave came up to
relieve me. The wind was going around to the NE and was going on the nose. In
the morning all the instruments and autopilot had dropped out and it was all
manual on the wheel. It was typical Bass Strait shit weather and not pleasant
sailing. I didn’t have much sleep at all and it was pretty rough with a sea swell
going one way and a wind chop going another way. I had the helm for a while
and we were flying along with the main up only. Later on in the day when the
wind moderated we put the headsail up and headed for our next way point which
was Wilsons Promontory and we got past that and pulled the sails down and
headed for Refuge Cove under motor. It was dark by now and we got in there
and dropped the anchor at 6pm. We were moored in 5 metres of water and it
was great to have a rest and a decent meal. Engine hrs 225.3

Thursday 26th July
Once the anchor was down last night Dave started cooking tea, which was chops
and mixed vegetables and they were all eating the chops as they were cooked
before the vegies. We all slept in till 9am today and I was up half the night with
a toothache. Put 20 litres of diesel into the fuel tank and got the water out of the
engine bay. Had a bacon and egg breakfast before getting organised to go. Left
Refuge Cove at 10.30am after a 16 hour break. Our next way point was Gabo
Island on a heading of 55 deg. but it was right on the nose and we had to do a
couple of tacks to get away from some islands. The wind slowly moved around
and we shook the 2 reefs in the main out and had the headsail up and it was on
the nose but the boat was flying and loved it upwind. About ¾ of an hour before
sunset put the 2 reefs back in the main and stayed on the same heading. Sailed
through the oilfields overnight. 20 litres fuel into tank-change clocks to EST.

Friday 27th July
Paul and Steve were on watch as we sailed through the oil fields and once we
were through them Dave and Phil went up on watch around 1am, and half an
hour later they called me up to get the headsail down as the wind was increasing
and there was lightning and dark clouds to the north of us. At around 3.30am all
hell broke loose and we were hit by a 50 knot squall. Paul was woken by all the
commotion and got Dave to do a granny jibe as the wind had swung round. He
got around and let the mainsheet out and the wind spun around and the boat
jibed again and the boom came across with that much force that it exploded in
the middle. We were in full emergency mode with all hands on deck to try and
get the rig on board and tied down. Paul had the motor going by then and it
took ages to get the main down and tied up and sorted. It was a wild sea and
wind and we were very lucky to have only a broken boom and torn mainsail.
Dave and Phil stayed up on watch as the rest of us were drowned and freezing.
Had the motor on all day and then headed up the coast and we ended up going
into Eden for the night.

Saturday 28th July
We were sailing past Eden last night as Paul wanted to keep going and then we
heard the weather report of a gale warning and there was a big thunderstorm
coming up behind us with heaps of lightning. We decided to head into Eden and
it took about 1 and a 1/2 hours to get in and tie up on the wharf. We got onto the
fishing fleet wharf and I was the first one to go and have a hot shower while the
others were sinking a few cold cans. We all decided to go for a walk up the hill
to the main street of the town and have a look around and I went and checked
out where the dentist was. Then we all went to the Fisherman’s Club and had a
few beers and ordered a pizza from across the road. Left the club at 11pm as
they were closing up and headed back to the boat. We all had a good sleep
except for Paul who was up and down all night checking on the boat to make
sure it didn’t rub on the wharf.
I was up at 7.45am and Paul and I topped up the fuel tank and then went down
and filled the jerry cans up while Phil and Dave went up to town to get some
stores. Then got a hose and topped the water tanks up and washed the decks
down before leaving at 10.15am. Motored out and got the headsail up and Paul
was straight in the bunk to try and get some sleep. There wasn’t much wind at
all and it was going all round the place and we ended up having a breeze from
every point on the compass as the day went on. Steve had a lure out the back
and it was hit and he lost a good lure. Kept the motor going all day on around
2100 revs. Done 37.9 engine hrs. Engine hrs 245.4. 86 litres fuel since Adelaide
2.27 ltrs/hr/

Sunday 29th July
The compass light that Dave and I had tried to fix in Eden was working better
but not 100% and we know what to do to fix it properly now.
Paul and Steve were on watch for the first part of last night and Phil cooked up
steak and vegies for tea as they thought the meat had to be eaten quick because it
didn’t look too good when they cleaned out the freezer yesterday. I had a sleep
and was up on deck at 1am to relieve Steve and Paul wanted to stay up till we got
past the next way point and around some shoals before going to bed. Dave came
up at around 4am and I stayed on until 5am when Phil came up to take over. I
went to bed and didn’t wake up till 9am.
The wind had moderated in the morning and was still from the west but only
around 13 knots. Last night the westerly was a steady 18-20 knots and we made
good headway. As the morning went on the wind slowly dropped out as we
motored up the east coast. I was up at 9am, had breakfast then took over from
Dave and Phil. We ended up dropping the headsail as it wasn’t doing anything.
Motored up past Port Kembla and past Sydney and all the way up to Palm
Beach and turned into the Hawkesbury River system and went around the spit
into the Pittwater channel and down to the Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club and
got on a berth at the C33 finger. Had a few beers up in the bar before having
chops and vegies for tea. Berthed the boat at 5.30pm and this is a flash place
with riff raff like us out of place. Engine hrs 276.3
Monday 30th July.
It is very upmarket and all the boats are million dollar boats and real flash. I
cannot believe the amount of boats and watercraft down in this estuary as they
are everywhere and all crammed in. The place where we are staying is also
crammed up with small fingers and no room at all between the boats. Even to
get the boats in and out is pain because everything is so tight. We all slept in
today till around 9am and had a good sleep. Took the main sail out of the boat
this morning and laid it out in the carpark and pulled all the battens out and we
had just finished folding the sail up when the sail maker pulled up in his van to
take it away and repair it. Topped the fuel tank up and put another 4 jerry cans
in. The fuel consumption was a lot higher coming from Eden to Pittwater as we
had more engine revs. Gave the boat a tidy up and then I went to find out where
the dentist’s are around here and tried to get in to see one. The fifth dentist
managed to book me in for 11.30am tomorrow. While I was gone the new boom
arrived via Peter who is the boss of Applied Composites who make the carbon
fibre masts and booms. It was nearly all fitted by the time I got back and Peter
went up the mast to check out the rest of the rig and he gave it the thumb’s up.
Went and had a few beers up at the Clubhouse where they even had an open fire.
Put 105 litres in for 31 hours use. 3.38 ltrs/hr

Tuesday 31st July
Last night after a few beers in the Club we ordered a taxi to take us down to the
pub and ages later after ordering a second one we finally got one but only one
came and he couldn’t fit us all in, so he said he would come back and in the
meantime another cab came to the Club to drop someone off and we jumped in
that so we could get there. He was a curry bomb driver and didn’t know where
the pub was and we saw the other cab going to get us so we told him to take us
back to the Yacht Club and I gave him $5 and we jumped in the original cab and
went down to the Mona Vale pub and Paul was in heaven with the TAB there.
Had a steak and mashed potato for $7 and I got Paul a meal.
 I was up early today around 7am and went and had a hot shower and tidy up.
All the others were up early as well and we took the main sail down to the car
park and spread it out and put the battens back in. Rolled it up and slacked it
on the new boom. Had a big breakfast as I won’t be able to eat at lunchtime
after the dentist. I left for the dentist and the others caught a cab to pick up
enough supplies for the rest of the trip
It cost me $195 to have temporary work done and $15 of that was for drugs from
the chemist. Got back to the boat at 1pm and the others were there and we
headed off. At one stage going out the Pittwater estuary we only had 0.3metres
of water under the keel. There was no wind inside but when we got past the
bluff and out in the ocean there was plenty of wind but it was from the NE which
was the direction we were heading. Put the headsail up and motor/sailed.

Wednesday 1st August
Last night as darkness came on the sea was real lumpy and the boat was banging
and smashing through and over the waves. We could see ships in the distance
and counted about 8 of them so we went out to sea to try and sail around them.
Out to sea there were even more ships. Paul and Steve were on watch and the
wind got up to 30 knots at stages and there were waves breaking over the boat
and they were both getting very wet. Every time I stuck my head up to see what
was happening I would cop a wave in the face so I decided to stay down below
deck even though it wasn’t very comfortable. We didn’t realise how many ships
were out there waiting off Newcastle to be filled with coal. It was like the
Spanish Armada with at least 60 ships parked up. I took over watch from Steve
around 11.40 pm and went on deck with Paul and by then the winds had
moderated to around 18 knots. I stayed on watch till 3.30am and Dave took
over from me and Phil took over from Paul around 1.50am. At 3.30am when I
went off watch the wind had dropped to 9 knots. When I woke up they were
cleaning the back locker out as a jerry can had lost 90% of its diesel. We had the
motor going for most of the morning with no sails and at 11.40am put the main
and jib up as there was a slight breeze. The breeze picked up around 2.30pm
and it was still from the north and we put 2 reefs in the main and we were still
getting between 6 and 7 knots over the ground. Put the motor on in the evening
to see if we could get the boat to go higher without doing so many tacks but we
ended up having the motor going most of the time. Fill fuel 10pm 55 litres.
Engine 307.5 hrs.

Thursday 2nd August
Paul and Steve were on the first watch last night and they both had an early
night. Phil took over from Paul and at around 10pm I took over from Steve.
The wind was still from the north and on the nose and we were tacking all the
time to make headway. Around midnight there was a bit of west came into the
wind and we had a heading of due north which was where we wanted to go and
we actually turned the motor off for a while as we were doing 7 knots over the
ground. There was enough west in the wind to free the main and headsail sheets
off but it didn’t last long and went back to the north and dropped out again, so it
was time to turn the motor on again. Phil went down for a camp at 1am and I
stayed on watch by myself on a heading of round 15 deg. Put the harness on and
listened to the radio as I was sailing. I put more fuel from the jerry cans into the
running tank trying to empty the cans as they are slipping and sliding all over
the place in the back locker and making a mess when they spill diesel. There are
no tie down points in the back locker which makes it hard having anything in
there. Got into Coffs Harbour at around 12.30pm and tied up at the fisherman’s
wharf where we got fuel and we all bought our own lunch and left the harbour at
2pm. Not far out of Coffs Harbour we saw a big whale heading north along the
coast. Had the motor going as we sailed because the wind was still on the nose
and from the N/NE. I was on watch during the night with Steve and did a long
Engine hours 320.1. 107 litres taken on board to fill everything up

Friday 3rd August
Last night Paul was on watch till around 10pm and spitting dummies about the
jerry cans of fuel we are carting around because there is no secure place to tie
them down and in the back locker every time we do a tack they move around
and start leaking. Paul and Dave spent some time on the case and finally got
them secure. Steve and I went on watch at around 10 pm and we were heading
north with a N/E breeze and then I got headed and had to head out to sea
because we were too close to the coast. Got out to open sea for a while with the
motor off as the wind had picked up to around 18 knots and we were really
heeling over. Did another tack and headed N/W and we finally got past Wooli
Head or the town of Yamba and the wind came around and our heading was 20
deg. which was good as we were parallel to the coast and doing well until the
wind dropped out again and we had to fire the motor up. Phil changed over
from Steve around 3am and I stayed up till 4.30am when Dave took over from
me. It was still on the nose with a strong wind warning and Paul decided to go
into port and rest it until the wind swung round to our advantage. We went up
the Richmond River to the town of Ballina around 10am and parked up on the
town wharf on a finger right in the middle of town. On the way up the river we
hit the bottom a couple of times with the keel, but there was no damage. There
was a whale watch operator (Lee) who had gearbox problems with his boat and
was on the finger and he moved his boat so we could park up. Paul was straight
up to the Laundromat, with the pub and TAB not far behind.
Engine hours 334. Fuel dip 60 litres +20 litres from jerry can

Saturday 4th August
The finger we were parked on was made for royalty as it was the best boat park
in town because you walked off the finger up a gangway to a small wharf where
2 other cruising yachts were parked and you were in a shopping mall that went
to the main street where all the action was.
There was even a café come restaurant right next to the wharf.
We did a bit of maintenance on the boat yesterday and sorted out the grey water
problem and cleaned the engine bay out and checked the oil. We even gave the
floor a sweep and a tidy up. Went for a walk round the town and it’s quite a big
place with heaps of shops. I found Paul in one of the pubs and had a couple of
beers with him before going back to the boat. Got changed and tidied up before
going to the Ballina RSL club for tea. The club was huge and packed with
people. We all ate except Paul who was too pissed and went back to the boat for
an early night.
Left Ballina at 10am with the 2 other boats ‘Tic-Tac’ and ‘Pandora’. We got
stuck in the mud again and followed ‘Pandora’ out the river as she knew the
way. I nearly went for a swim as we left the finger and was hanging by the ¼
inch wire around the rail but was pulled back aboard. Got out to sea and put all
the rag up and headed north past Byron Bay and up to the border at Tweed
Heads. We were cruising with the wind on the starboard beam and doing up to 8
knots. It was out with the beers and a couple of platters and life couldn’t get any
better. Got up to the Gold Coast at dusk and as we went past it and nightfall
came the wind dropped right out and it was down with the sails and motor and
autopilot taking us to the next way point.

Sunday 5th August
Went past the Gold Coast as it was turning dark and we could see all the lights.
We were about 15 to20 miles out to sea and cruising along with the motor doing
1900 revs. Paul and I had noodles for tea with bok choy and the others had a
pasta dish with sauce and it looked quite nice. I was out on watch with Steve and
I said as soon as the wind gets up around 10 knots we would put the headsail up.
Around 9pm the headsail went up and our speed increased by about 1 to 2 knots.
The wind kept picking up and I dropped the engine revs down and we were
moving quite well with the wind from the west on the port beam. By midnight
the wind was over 20 knots and we were getting up to 9-10 knots boat speed. I
was getting a position every hour and Phil came up at 1am and I went down
around 2.30am. Paul was up with Phil and they turned the motor off and we
were still doing 8 knots with a fresh westerly breeze. Dave was on the helm when
I woke up and Paul got up and we put the mainsail up and was getting a good 10
knots. Went past Noosa Heads at 9am and it was all smooth sailing with a nice
sunny day and a good breeze. We were sailing for most of the day but as the day
went on the breeze slowly dropped out. There are not enough hours in the day
and the days seem to be zooming by and it’s now 2 weeks since we left Adelaide.
I went below for a camp in the afternoon and was woken when they told me
there were whales jumping out of the water up ahead. We got up close to them
and got some photos and just as we were leaving them they both came up to the
aft starboard quarter of the boat to have a look at us and were only 20 feet away
which was amazing. Put 20 litres of fuel in at 347 hours. Dip tank 75 litres.

Monday 6th August
Last night we had a great tea of lamb chops, mash potatoes and mixed vegies.
Compliments to the chefs, Dave and Phil. While they were preparing the meal
Steve and I had a couple of beers. After tea I had an early night and Steve and
Paul went on watch and they ended up putting the headsail up as the breeze
picked up during the night. At 1.10am Paul called out as he was on watch by
himself and he wanted the headsail pulled down as a squall had come through
and the wind was up around 30 knots. Dave, Phil and myself went up on deck
and got the sail down and Phil and I stayed up on watch and Paul stayed till 3am
after he worked out our next heading. At 6am put the headsail back up as the
wind had moderated back down to 15 knots. The wind was from the SW most of
the day and it picked up during the morning to 15-20 knots and we had a steady
8 knots speed over ground and it moderated around 11am to 10-15 knots and we
were still pushing 6-7 knots boat speed. The wind dropped out around 3pm and
it was time for the motor to do its job and keep us moving. This morning we saw
quite a few whales breaching the wake and I saw one come right out and make a
huge splash. I tried to do some bookwork during the day but don’t seem to have
enough time as the days are just slipping by. Paul cooked up a big meal for tea
with a heap of snags, bacon and a big bowl of salad. Today we had no sight of
land at all as we were about 50 nautical miles away from land as we had to go
out and around the sand bars on the northern end of Fraser Island and stay out
from all the reefs out from Bundaberg and Gladstone. Engine hours 358.5. 20
litres in.

Tuesday 7th August
The wind dropped out again yesterday afternoon and it was time for the iron sail
to work and we had it going from 2.30 yesterday till 5am this morning. Paul and
Steve were on the first watch and I went up and took over from Paul around
1am and Steve stayed up with me for a few more hours. When I came up the
wind swung around to the west from the east and I put the boom on the
starboard side. The wind was right behind us and it was a dead run. Phil and
Dave came up around 3am and took over. When I got up in the morning the
reefs in the main had been shaken out and the spinnaker pole was holding the jib
out on the opposite side. As the morning went on the wind increased and we
were averaging 6.5 knots with only the main up. At around 11.15am saw
another yacht heading the same way past Steep Island and we were catching up
to it fast. At 1.15pm we crossed the other yacht, which was called ‘Blue Gum’
and we crossed his bow on a port tack and he was on starboard and had to bear
away for us. He must have thought we were a bunch of cowboys tearing around
the place. Went past a big turtle and nearly hit him with the boat and we only
just missed hooking him with the big line and hook hanging out the back as we
were trawling. The wind stayed up all day and with the full main and headsail
we were flying and getting up to 10 knots. At 5.30pm put the boat up on the
wind and put 1 reef in the main and the wind was still blowing with a nice breeze
keeping us on target to get to Airlie Beach tomorrow. Phil and Dave did another
superb job with the evening meal with steak and vegies. Engine hours 374. dip
fuel tank at 45 litres. 1.9ltrs/hr at 1800 revs
Wednesday 8th August
Last night Paul, Steve and I were on the first watch and as we were coming up to
Mackay we could see lights out to sea and the closer we got the more lights there
were. It was another Spanish Armada of ships parked out to sea waiting to get
loaded. I counted at least 34 ships but there might have been more. We sailed
up real close to a few of them and could hear the ship’s crew talking. One of the
ships, we crossed over the front of his bow and missed it by about 30 metres and
there was one ship moving around the ship park that we had to steer clear of
while he was looking for a parking space. I got up at 3am for the change of
watch as Dave and Phil came on and then went back to bed. When I woke up we
were in the Whitsunday Islands and sailed past the marina on Hamilton Island
where the boat will be staying while it is racing. Then we sailed around to Airlie
Beach and Paul was on the phone to Michael Keough to see about the berth and
where we had to park the boat and there was no berth only a mooring which was
about 700 metres out in the bay. You couldn’t even take the boat into the
marina to unload all the gear unless you had a prior booking. Paul got onto
someone through the mooring who had a tender boat who helped us out.
It was 10.30am when we hooked onto the mooring and the bloke came out with
the tender and while we were unloading gear we had to move to another mooring
as we had picked the wrong one up. Caught up with Simon Purdell down at the
marina as he works for a charter boat company down there. Paul went on his
own way and the rest of us caught a cab to the Whitsunday Wanderers Resort
where we had 2 rooms for the night which I paid for with cash-$196. It was good
to have a nice hot shower and tidy up after going without a tub for just over a
Kym Greenhalgh-(Softly,Softly)

Thanks to Kym for his absorbing description of their journey.

Here is a letter from George Sauerbier’s wife Shirley:

Dear Marilyn,

I am enclosing George’s Membership of $75. I don’t think he has paid it and I
am sorry about that.
George’s health has slipped back and I could not get him in the car to bring him
over. He is at the Noarlunga Hospital and on a waiting list for a Nursing home.
I am unable to be his carer any more as my limbs have gone and I need
operations. He was so good to care for- non complaining -but the lifting became
Thank you so much to all of you. He loved his sailing.

Kind regards
Shirley Sauerbier
Thanks to all who attended the recent Working Bee. Marc Read, Graeme Read,
Steve Watson, Gordon Fryar, Gordon Sullivan, Stephen Bell, Roy Douglas,
Chris Dean, Brian Lee, Aga Dunda, Simon Dunn, Dennis Marshall, Ron
Tripney, Bernie Dunn. A lot of jobs were completed and the new Bar looks

News from the Social &Fundraising Committee;

                       GARAGE SALE
                   SUNDAY 18TH NOVEMBER

                         50 ANNIVERSARY DINNER
   Over 170 invitations have been sent out to past and current members. 30
acceptances have been received. Please remember to include your cheque if you
             wish to attend the dinner. RSVP by 30th September.
            Dinner -3 course- choice of 2 soups, 2 mains 2 desserts
                 Live music by Eddie White and the Allstars.

                     WINE BOTTLING
                      CLUB LABEL!!!

                             Go Kindly,

To top