Position title: Division: Date effective: 02/11/2010
Brand and Sales Manager Marketing
Report s to:
Reports Roles reporting direct: Travel: Light Domestic
Managing Director Casual Cellar Door and Sales
The Brand and Sales Manager will primarily be required to manage all aspects of branding,
marketing and communication for the Wangolina Station business including the effective running
of cellar door, cellar door office and co-ordination of staff. This will incorporate a current sales
position known as Sales Representative within defined regions. As the Wangolina Station wine
business develops this role is designed to evolve to an executive level.
• To effectively communicate the Wangolina Station brand message.
• To become a primary contact point and maintain close relationships with key accounts and
ensure their requirements & expectations are being met.
• To be the primary contact for all clients, distributors, agents and retailers
• To identify & develop opportunities for business growth.
• To develop processes and systems within the business to ensure continuity of brand message
and continuity of service standards.
• To act as a sales representative within a defined geographical area.
• Work with the Managing Director to implement sales budgets, targets, incentives, forecasting
• To provide a high degree of customer service to all customers and to promptly follow up on
any requests as required.
• To work with the managing director on production levels, styles, packaging and pricing.
• To actively comply with company standards, procedures & processes in relation to Health,
Safety & the Environment
Position dimensions: Freedom to act:
• Operating Budget: Sales Budget for the • Within company guidelines, policies and
• Marketing Plan and associated budget • As per the primary objectives.
• The ability to manage multiple activities and prioritize task requirements from a diverse range
of tasks and duties.
• To create a brand with strength and recognition with the sales to back up the brand growth
• To be a point of direct contact for clients and stakeholders
• To be directly involved with the growth of a business.
• To be able to achieve goals set and to work within the guidelines set by the managing director.
Key relationship interactions:
• Managing Director
• Family members within the business
• Cellar Door and other Staff
• New and Existing Customers
Position Specification :
• A bachelors degree in wine marketing, marketing/communications or similar is advantageous.
• Previous experience in the wine industry or similar industry in a similar position is essential.
• Intermediate - Advanced computer skills including extensive experience with the MS Office
suite of products (Word, Excel, Access, Publisher & Outlook).
• Current Drivers license is essential.
• Senior First Aid certificate and CPR or similar is advantageous.
• Forklift drivers license is not essential however is advantageous.
• An ability to liaise effectively at an executive level and to work under pressure.
• Exceptional presentation skills.
• Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
• An understanding of business and financial principles.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with stakeholders/clients.
• A high level of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude with a strong sense of team work and flexibility.
• The ability to self-manage and work autonomously.
• The ability to educate and train staff and to communicate effectively about all facets of wine.
• A solid understanding about the importance of brand representation.
• An ability to lift and carry wine cartons within safety guidelines.
• The ability and understanding to be able to work flexible hours including some weekend work.
K ey accountabilities
Key result area: Major activities:
Sales • In consultation with Managing Director, effectively initiate,
implement & follow the strategic sales plan.
• Maintain regular communication /contact with all existing
nominated clients agents and distributors.
• To build new relationships via contacts, market research,
lead generation tools, referrals and initiative.
• To grow the customer base by expanding into new markets
or territories as defined by Managing Director
• Keep up to date accessible and accurate files on each client
including notes on conversations, contact details, positions.
• To build relationships with customers and provide content
to assist with product sales and turnover.
• To appraise current and planned customer needs and
advise on the application of company products.
• To meet and/or exceed targets & budgets by effectively
managing call cycles & territory visit planning.
• Stock allocation and allocation maintenance and
• Liaise with Production/Logistics regarding sample stock use
and distribution, timing of bottling/ stock run outs.
• Manage and grow wine club sales by effective
communication with members.
• To organize and manage timely delivery of product and
troubleshoot non-delivery occurrences
Marketing • To formulate and implement marketing strategy in
conjunction with Marketing Consultant and Managing
• To formulate and implement a guide for Wangolina Station
branding, logos, merchandising and communications both
personal and non-personal.
• To manage wine show entries and submissions to wine
reviewers in conjunction with production staff
• Construct and distribute press releases and to manage the
database of recipients.
• To ensure promotional/sponsorship activities have a
company purpose and return on investment. To manage
sponsorship from a set budget.
• Ensure that all company communication reflects the correct
• Effective preparation and distribution of promotional
• Regular maintenance and updates and upgrades of website
and online purchasing modules.
• Create a social media presence for Wangolina Station.
• Preparation and implementations of marketing campaigns
• Preparation and distribution of wine club newsletters,
flyers, welcome packs
• To participate where required in conjunction with agents
and winemaker in trade shows and external promotional
• To co-ordinate functions at Cellar Door and to actively
participate in regional festivals and events as a Wangolina
Administration and • Involvement in staff recruitment and supervision of staff.
Communications • Co-ordination of staff roster.
• Participate in regular sales meetings to set strategies and
determine business plans related to assigned products or
• Co-ordinate company sales training and activities
• Co-ordinate a well administered clean, tidy and maintained
cellar door, office and surrounds.
• Assist with accounts management and daily accounts data
• Ensure complaints are followed up and that satisfactory
solutions are obtained for both the customer and the