Summary of Library Services
Cards / • Available to all • Available to Grade 12 students
with borrowing restrictions.
• No fee for rural student
Borrowing privileges cards • See Web site for complete
• Free E-service cards (to use details: go to About the Library,
library computers, or virtual Borrowing
• 17 and under need a signed
Access from home • mycatalogue.tbpl.ca Cardholders
can find and renew books, place
• On-line Catalogue (searching for
books) is accessible off campus.
holds etc. • E-resources such as journal
• www.tbpl.ca/justaskus.asp indexes/databases, e-journals,
on-line e-reference service e-books are only accessible off
• Select our virtual collection to campus to Lakehead University
access over 30 electronic faculty, staff and students.
databases at www.tbpl.ca
Tours / Instruction • Bookings are taken for November
• May be booked at any time
sessions • Call two weeks in advance February, May and June
• Reference Department books • Grade 12 classes only.
Grade 5 and up. • For policy go to About the
Library, High School Instruction
• Call two weeks in advance
Tour options • Orientation tour covers the • Tours of the library for small
groups; searching the library
basics; searching the library
catalogue and kinds of materials catalogue, searching for journal
• Tours for instruction on a
particular subject or virtual
collection product are also
Arranging a tour / • Call reference department for
tour date (Grade 5+) 684-6815
• Contact Janice Mutz at 343-8147.
Please call at least two weeks in
Instruction session (Waverley) 624-4200 (Brodie) advance.
• Supply registration form to
students and return complete
with parent's signature to the
Branch 1 week prior to visit.
• Before assigning the work, call
Referring your • Before assigning the work, call
the library to check if there are the library to check if there are
students to resources on that particular topic. resources on that particular topic.
• The main reference collection is
the library? housed at the Brodie Resource
Classification system • Dewey Decimal system - most
commonly used in public and
• Library of Congress - used in
Mordecai Richler's the
• Call # 819.3 RIC WOO • Call # PR 9299 R53A6Z9 1990
Duddy Kravitz: A