ISYS104 Tutorial – week 11
Business Problem-Solving Case: Facebook’s Dilemma (p.434)
1. What concepts in this chapter are illustrated in this case?
2. What is the role of e-commerce and Web 2.0 technologies in Facebook’s widespread
3. Describe the weaknesses of Facebook’s privacy policies and features. What
management, organization, and technology factors have contributed to those
4. Does Facebook have a viable business model? Explain your answer.
5. If you were responsible for coordinating Facebook’s advertising, how would you
balance the desire to become increasingly profitable with the need to protect the privacy
of your users?
1. What are the unique features of e-commerce, digital markets, and digital goods?
Name and describe four business trends and three technology trends shaping e-
List and describe the eight unique features of e-commerce.
Define a digital market and digital goods and describe their distinguishing features.
2. How has Internet technology changed business models?
Explain how the Internet is changing the economics of information and business
Name and describe six Internet business models for electronic commerce.
Distinguish between a pure-play Internet business model and a clicks-and-mortar
3. What are the various types of e-commerce and how has e-commerce changed
consumer retailing and business-to-business transactions?
Name and describe the various categories of electronic commerce.
Explain how the Internet facilitates sales and marketing for individual customers
and describe the role played by Web personalization.
Explain how the Internet can enhance customer service.
Explain how Internet technology supports business-to-business electronic
Define and describe Net marketplaces and explain how they differ from private
industrial networks (private exchanges)?
4. What is the role of m-commerce in business and what are the most important m-
List and describe important types of m-commerce services and applications.
Explain how wireless portals help users access information on the wireless Web.
Describe some of the barriers to m-commerce.
5. What are the principal payment systems for electronic commerce?
Name and describe the principal electronic payment systems used on the Internet.
Describe the types of payment systems used in m-commerce.