Camron D. Tolman
1501 Edgewood Street South Unit 565
Arlington, VA 22204
Over 8 years experience in the combined areas of software development, systems engineering,
and system administration. Currently leading software engineering efforts for DoD customers.
o Proficient in Java, C/C++, IDL
CORBA, DXL, Microsoft Visual Basic®, Microsoft Visual C++®
o MATLAB, DOORS, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Visual Studio
September 2004 − Present
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC): Computer/Software Engineer
• Presently developing software tools using Java and MATLAB to aid in the detection of
breast cancer when analyzing mammogram and microarray data.
• Leading Software Engineer of the SCOOP (Spectral Camouflage Optimization Of
Patterns) application for the Army’s Night Vision and Electronic Sensors Directorate (NVESD),
which is an application that takes as input a hyperspectral image and outputs a synthesized pattern
for camouflage purposes.
• Data Collector/Processor in charge of collecting data and/or gathering measurements for
calibration; also in charge of developing programs to automate the post-processing procedures.
May 2000 − August 2004
General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems (GDAIS): Senior Systems Engineer
• Senior Systems Engineer on the SSGN program for the US Navy. Responsible for
producing system-level requirements and design documents pertaining to software components
developed under the SSGN program. Other responsibilities included performing trade studies,
submitting cost and schedule proposals, allocating requirements, leading focus groups, and
• Software Engineer on a variety of customer directed programs. Two such examples are
developing a print driver for the VxWorks Real-Time Operating System and developing a
distributed and fault-tolerant application that prints system status reports with the use of
VxWorks, Java, and CORBA IDL.
• Successfully completed the GDAIS Advanced Leadership Development Program,
formerly known as the Edison Engineering Program.
October 1998 − May 2000
Westover Job Corps / EC-Corporation: LAN Systems Coordinator
• LAN Systems Coordinator responsible for all aspects of computer use and maintenance,
including computer repairs, hardware and software upgrades, software configuration, staff
training, and network administration.
M.S., Computer Science, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2003
B.S., Computer Systems Engineering, University of Massachusetts, 2000
Certificate in Computers/Electronics, Porter and Chester, 1998
Citizenship: US Citizen
Active: DOD TS/SCI
References are available upon request.