THE MICHELANGELO HOTEL
This vacancy will be filled taking into consideration the Legacy Hotel Employment Equity policy
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT BANQUETING MANAGER
REPORTING TO: Food & Beverage Manager
REQUIREMENTS: Hotel School Diploma (minimum 3 years of
Previous sound experience in F&B inclusive of
Knowledge in Opera and Micros
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF JOB: To effectively and profitably assist in managing
and controlling the banqueting department.
Maintains operating standards as laid down by the
Company and responsible for the achievement of
desired operating banqueting results
A) SPECIFIC DUTIES:
• Experience in operational controls and the ability to implement controls according to the
• Above average knowledge of food and wine service.
• Strength in training staff, skills development of personnel and leadership of all staff.
• Team player
• Take control of the Banqueting Department in the absence of the Banqueting Manager.
• Contain the ability to maintain excellent operational standards and service levels.
• Excellent guest relation’s skills.
• Excellent communications skills relating to staff and guests.
• An exceptional eye to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Candidate must display a high level of emotional intelligence and leadership skills
• Maximise sales and control costs to enhance banqueting profit margins.
• Efficiently and effectively assist manage all operating equipment to maintain standards
and cost control
• Monitor the performance of all banqueting staff on a daily basis and assist in performance
• Maintain consistent and fair discipline within the banqueting department
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures the highest standards of safety and hygiene are maintained in the banqueting
• Check the functions sheets daily to ensure all guest requests are possible and actioned
• Directs, coordinates and controls the efforts of the banqueting personnel in maintaining the
highest standard of service, presentation and efficiency.
• Assist in controlling of labour costs within the banqueting department.
ASSESSMENT OF PERFORMANCE:
• Timekeeping and appearance whilst on duty.
• The speed and effective handling of guest requests / complaints and correspondence.
• The timorous implementation of information which is required by the various staff
• The ability to maintain standards and maintain costs within the set parameter.
• The efficiency of the department and the levels of service.
• Guest service comments.
Your application is to be accompanied by a resume. Applications to be addressed to Food and
Beverage Manager, The Michelangelo, P.O. Box 784682, Sandton, 2146, Fax (011) 282 7174 or
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or Charlotte Makaluza email@example.com
or (011)282 7180 and to reach us by no later than 17h00 on 31st January 2011.