Top 10 Tips for Saving Money During the Holidays
By: Job Vacancies In Dubai
Holiday spending does not have to put a burden on your wallet. Here are 10 ways
to save money during the holidays.
1. The first thing you can do is to start early with your Christmas shopping. If you
shop early, you won't feel the need to buy the first thing you find and possibly pay
2. The second thing you can do is to check your gift list and to decide if there are
people that you really don't need to shop for. If you don’t see the person all year,
you might consider leaving them off the list.
3. Have a budget and stick to it. Make sure that you have a firm dollar amount for
your budget before you go shopping. Don't overspend.
4. Shop with cash or a debit card instead of credit cards. By spending only money
that you actually have in your wallet or in your bank account, you will
automatically stick to a budget.
5. Make homemade gifts for a personal touch and for less money.
6. Don't buy gifts for yourself whenever you're buying gifts for everyone else.
You'll get enough for Christmas as it is.
7. Buy cheaper wrapping paper. The paper is simply going to end up in the
garbage anyway, so don't pay five times as much for the fancy stuff.
8. Forget the Christmas cards. Not only do you have to go out and buy the cards
themselves, but then you have to spend all the time writing them out and addressing
them. To top it all off, you have to pay postage to send them out.
9. Make a gift list for the people you buy for. Have an idea what you’re buying
before you even leave the house.
10. Save money when you can. Make sure that you shop for sales and you don't
have to buy the most expensive items.
By following these tips, you will be able to cut down on your spending for the
holidays and have a debt-free Christmas. Knowing that you saved money, stayed
within your budget, and did not pull out the plastic in order to pay for anything will
make your holiday even merrier.