A non–Ionic Organo Silicone super wetting and spreading
agent for use with Agrochemical remedies
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS (W:V)
Blended Silicone Polyether Copolymer…………………………………………………….. 1000g/Lt
SILANE GREEN is a non-ionic wetting, Spreading and Penetrating agent that:
• Optimises pesticide application by improving rain fastness; and
• Reduces the surface tension of spray mixtures to ensure proper coverage of the foliage; and
• Improves the retention of the spray solution applied, to the crop’s surface; and
• Increases herbicidal and fungicidal penetration
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: Use only as directed
• SILANE GREEN is compatible with the majority of agricultural remedies such as pesticides,
herbicides, fungicides, foliar feeds, fertilisers and growth regulators.
• Avoid mixing SILANE GREEN with phosphate containing fertilisers and highly alkaline materials such
as the Bordeaux Mixture and Lime Sulphur.
• It is advised to always conduct a miscibility test prior to mixing with other chemicals in order to ensure
homogeneity of the intended spray mixture as well as ensuring that mixing and spray equipment has
been cleaned in accordance with the cleaning directions on the said agrochemical remedy.
• Shake well before use and follow the standard tank mixing procedures prescribed for the substance
with which SILANE GREEN will be used as a wetting agent.
• Should such instructions not exist, it is recommended to add products to the spray mixture in the
o Foliar feeds, fertilisers and growth regulators;
o Water dispersable granules (WG);
o Wettable powders;
o Suspension concentrates (SC);
o Emulsifiable concentrates (EC); and
• Always ensures the exact measurement of SILANE GREEN added to the intended spray mixture by
using the table below as a guideline.
• Always add SILANE GREEN last to the spray mixture before filling up the spray tank whilst continue
agitation for at least 3 minutes.
• For optimum results, it is recommended never to apply SILANE GREEN as a concentrate, never in
combination with any other oils and never in high spray volumes. Also note that SILANE GREEN
performs best between a pH of 6 – 8. It is recommended to utilise BIO BUFFER 5 to ensure the ideal
• Always apply spray mixtures containing SILANE GREEN within 36hours after mixing.
• Also consult with your agronomist should crop specific programmes or any other information required
about the application of SILANE GREEN as excessive wetting and spreading on certain crops may
result in spray damage.
Store in a cool dry place under 25 º C.
applied in spray Minimum Dosage Average Dosage Maximum Dosage
tank as a Wetting & per 100 lt Spray per 100 lt Spray per 100 lt Spray
Spreading Agent solution solution solution
10 ml 25 ml 50 ml
o SILANE GREEN should only be applied in combination with Glyphosate and Paraquat containing
o Avoid using SILANE GREEN in combination with Glyphosate containing herbicides that contains
o Ensure proper coverage without excessive runoff.
SILANE GREEN utilised in seed coating
SILANE GREEN has the advantage of ensuring the even spreading of the seed treatment products on
the seed treated.
The following mixing procedure is suggested for the treatment of 100Kg maize seed.
• Dissolve the undermentioned products in water in the recommended sequence ensuring a mix of 1liter
per 100Kg seed.
o Royalcap 500FS (Kaptan) 120ml
o Sodium Molybdate (50g)
o RoyalKote (pigment polymer combinations in various colours) – 50 – 100ml
o Actellic Super – 3ml
• Add SILANE GREEN last to the mixing tank at a rate of 1 part per 1000 (100ml SILANE GREEN per
100Lt tank mix).
- Causes eye damage.
- Can be harmful if swallowed or if exposed to skin in excessive quantities.
- Cover aquariums during application.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from food and feeds.
- Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals.
- Follow the warnings and instructions of the crop protection agent to be applied with in combination
with SILANE GREEN.
- Never utilise SILANE GREEN in combination with other wetting agents.
o Prevent contact with eyes by wearing a face shield when handling the product in its concentrated
o Wear protective clothing when mixing and spraying. Wash contaminated clothing daily.
o Wear suitable protective clothing when product is applied in enclosed areas such as green houses.
o Immediately wash concentrate from skin or eyes with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes
after accidental contact. In the case of contact to the eyes, it is recommended to seek medical attention
immediately. Medical attention is only recommended if irritation of the skin continue.
o In cases where contact is made with the pesticide containing spray solution, ensure that the
“statement of practical treatment” is carefully followed.
o Prevent spray drift onto other crops, grazing, rivers, dams and areas not under treatment.
o Do not inhale spray mist or fumes. Should inhalation occur, it is recommended to move the person to
fresh air and contact a physician.
o Do not eat, drink or smoke whilst applying or preparing the spray mix, or before washing face or
hands. Should the product be swallowed, it is recommended to drink three glasses of water should be
person be conscious. It is nevertheless recommended to induce vomiting and obtain medical attention
o Invert the empty container over the spray or mixing tank and allow to drain for at least 30 seconds
after the flow has slowed down to a drip. Thereafter, rinse the container three times with a volume of
water equal to a minimum of 10% of that of the container. Then add the rinsings to the contents of the
spray tank before destroying the container in the prescribed manner.
o Clean the applicator after use and dispose of wash water will it will not contaminate crops, grazing,
rivers and dams.
o Destroy the empty container by perforation and flattening and never use for any other purpose.
o Prevent contamination of food, feeds, drinking water and eating utensils.
Keep out of reach of children, animals and uninformed persons and store away from food and
Although this product has been tested under a variety of conditions, the registration holder does
not warrant that it will be efficacious under all conditions because the action and effect thereof
may be affected by factors such as abnormal climatic and storage conditions; quality of dilution
water, compatibility with other substances not indicated on the label and the occurrence of
resistance of the pest against the pesticide used as well as by the method, time and accuracy of
The registration holder furthermore does not accept responsibility for damage to crops,
vegetation, the environment or harm to man or animal or for lack of performance of the adjuvant
concerned due to failure of the user to follow the label instructions or the occurrence of
conditions that could not have been foreseen in terms of the registration.