Northern Adelaide Region: “Our Bottom Lines”
Developed in 2009
1. Pre Referral Process
• All Northern Adelaide Sites will action a Pre referral process prior to
submitting a formal referral application.
• The business of Exclusions is the responsibility of all Northern Area
• Placement alternatives for an excluded student/child are discussed
at the Exclusion meeting.
• A Regional ISBN is expected to attend all exclusion meetings for
students under the age of 16 years.
• If an alternate school/site placement is required, the site leader
negotiates the placement. The site leader will contact up to 3 sites
within 5 school days of the exclusion being formalised, to try and
facilitate a placement.
• If no placement has been found, the site leader contacts the
regional Services Manager, and they will then assume responsibility
for allocating a placement. The Regional Exclusion Data base will
be used as a resource to ensure fairness of allocation. The local
school context will also be a consideration in the allocation process.
• The RD/ARD is the contact person where a site leader has a
grievance about the process.
• Home Exclusion is a last resort and clear documentation is
required to support this last option.
3. Enrolment of GOM students in Northern Adelaide sites
• A GOM student living in Foster Care has the right to access their
local school. (the Families SA case manager facilitates the
• A GOM student living in residential care and/or alternative
placement (NOT Foster Care) is enrolled by the Families SA Case
Manager through the Regional Services Manager (as per the
“Changing Places Changing Schools” document from Families SA).
The Regional services Manager will then oversee the enrolment
• The RD/ARD will allocate to a site a placement of a GOM student if
the regional Services Manager is unable to successfully negotiate
an enrolment with 3 site leaders.