Portable Low Speed Weighing In Motion
MASS-5000L-WIDE Truck Scale
Superior on-site weighing logistics
The MASS-5000L-WIDE is a portable Low Speed Weigh In Motion (LSWIM) axle scale from Mikros
Systems. Weighing is accomplished while a vehicle is slowly driven over the system, thereby saving time in
comparison to static weighing. The use of extra wide (1,5m) sensors greatly improves the weighing
logistics on-site as no time is wasted with vehicle alignment.
• The MASS-5000L-WIDE is ideal for low speed screening
of trucks for law enforcement purposes thus reducing
the workload at time-consuming static scales.
• Loading of vehicles to ensure proper weight distribution
according to regulations. This maximises load efficiency
and reduces the risk of prosecution.
• Bulk yard stock control for semi-permanent installations.
• Collection of high quality load
statistics at remote sites.
• Cost effective.
The cost of a MASS-5000L-WIDE system can be
recovered from the optimisation of loads.
The MASS-5000L-WIDE is a highly accurate system.
The variance between static and (LSWIM) weights is less
than 3% (at 2stdev) when used as prescribed.
• High throughput.
System Components Up to sixty trucks per hour can be weighed.
• Quick to set-up.
• Low profile load cell weigh sensors. The system can be deployed in less than ten minutes.
• Handheld terminal. • Automatic weighing mode.
• Pouch for cables and instruments. Operator free (unattended at terminal) weighing is
• Cables for mains and 12v charging. provided.
• MASS5010 software for data capture with a video • PC compatible.
frame grab feature. Recorded information can be transferred to a PC.
• Levellers for correct measurement of axles in a group • Multi axle weighing.
(optional) Up to twenty-axle trucks can be weighed.
• Strip printer (optional) • Wide measuring area minimises the need for sensor
repositioning between truck weighing.
• Rechargeable batteries provide continuous operation
for 16 hours.
• PC control software supplied for comprehensive data
entry and video frame-grab features
(up to two cameras can be connected).
• Available as a complete system housed in a 1,8m
• Can be used for semi permanent installations.
• The MASS-5000L-WIDE must be deployed on a smooth
level and hard paved surface.
Mikros Systems M
Parameter Values Re m a r k s
Values measured Wheel mass In metric or imperial tonnes with two decimals displayed.
Axle mass (2 000 lb is one imperial tonne)
Gross vehicle mass (GVM)
Axles Up to 20 axles per truck.
Typical (2stdev) error ±5% Axle group: Individual axle or subtotal of axles in a combination.
per axle group Specification is for dual sensor system on surface that is in accor-
Typical (2stdev) error ±3% dance to the ASTM E1318 specification. Accuracies obtained
on GVM under normal operational conditions.
Maximum load per sensor 20t Air filled tyres only. Wheel load maximum.
Sensor -25 to+65°C
Terminal -10 to +65°C
Speed Up to 5km/h Vehicle moves slowly and continuously over the sensors.
Set-up time 10 minutes
Battery life 16 hours Continuous use when fully charged.
Charging time 6 hours Discharge cycle is used to extend battery life.
Internal batteries: Nickel Cadmium
Charge-Mains/External 110-220v AC or 12v DC Backup power from a 12v source can be used.
Diagnostics Battery life Current level and remaining life, indication.
Over speed warning Measured vehicle travelling too fast over sensors.
Imbalanced load warning When the left wheel load differs a prescribed ratio from the right.
Printer and PC interface Serial (RS232) 19200 baud Current results can be printed and stored information can be retrieved.
(The last 1000 lines are stored)
Real time clock Accuracy ± 1 min/month @ 25°C Each transaction is date and time stamped.
Dimensions: (LxWxH) & mass
Terminal in pouch 370x230x280mm 5kg Pouch contains all interconnecting cables and operators’ manual.
Terminal 160x160x75mm 1,7kg Handheld terminal.
Portable strip printer 280x160x180mm 1,5kg Printer and accessories in carry bag.
Mains charger 160x155x60mm 1kg 110-220v
Sensor 1500x560x22mm 33kg Extruded aluminium
Leveller (rolled out) 2 800x850x22mm 24kg High density PVC - 8 levellers per system.
Leveller (rolled up) 310x850x310mm
Single sensor system 41 Kg Excludes levellers and printer. Single sensor system only weighs one
Dual sensor system 74 Kg side of a vehicle.
Trade Weighing & Enforcement The Mass-5000L may be used for trade and law enforcement
purposes if local regulations and standards allow for it.
• Mikros Systems reserves the right to change this specification at any time without notice.
firstname.lastname@example.org Mikros Systems M
Tel: +27 (0)86 111 5393
Fax: +27 (0)12 804 4706