District Manager – Washington DC/Baltimore, MD
This position has a non-negotiable salary of $94k plus monthly bonus based on district
performance. Please do not respond if this is not realistic for you.
The District Sales Manager is primarily responsible for coaching, directing, and managing
activities of Territory Business Managers (TBMs) within a specific geographical assignment. The
geographical assignment for this district includes western Pennsylvania to North Carolina.
The District Sales Manager is responsible for leading his/her team to the achievement of
established revenue and profit goals by insuring specific individual and team goals are met and
expenses are managed in a fiscally responsible manner. The District Sales Manager will
participate in national and local strategic meetings, as well as, lead meetings with their
respective team. Overnight travel will be required.
As District Manager would be responsible for all aspects of managing an assigned group of
TBMs, such as but not limited to:
• Development of new and existing territories and TBMs
• Meeting or exceeding district sales goals on a yearly basis
• Developing interested TBMs for promotion
• Filling open territories in a timely manner
• Working in the field with each TBM in the district no less than four (4) days each quarter
• Training and coaching the TBMs regarding consultative selling, product knowledge and
clinical research studies on an ongoing basis
• Effectively prioritizing and managing budgets for the district
• Assisting in developing sales goals for the territories and district
• Ensuring all TBMs are utilizing the HUB to complete administrative responsibilities in a
• Assisting with classroom training during formal training sessions
• Ensuring that TBMs are adhering to PDMA guidelines
• Initiating disciplinary action according to the Progressive Discipline SOP
• Facilitate regional/local managed care meetings for formulary inclusion
• Working with Marketing to develop product business plans
• Developing a District Business Plan and coaching TBMs on creating a Territory
Requirements Qualified candidates must possess:
• 4 year Baccalaureate level degree from an accredited institution
• At least 3 years documented successful selling experience in pharmaceuticals or other
healthcare related products to physicians, hospitals and/or institutions
• Gastroenterology, Women’s health or critical care product experience a plus
• At least 1 year of management experience leading a team. Senior sales professionals
that have completed a management development program may also be considered.
• Travel required: 70-80% overnights
• Must be 21 years of age and have an acceptable driving record
• Effective of June 1, 2010 Alaven Pharmaceutical will be offering an Automobile program
for qualifying field employees
• Salary plus uncapped Commission, Milestones, and Bonus.
• Stock options.
• Our benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(K), FSA
(Flexible Spending Account) Medical and Dependant Child Care Programs, Short Term
Disability and Voluntary Term Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Plan. The
Company provides Long Term Disability and Basic Life/AD&D Insurance at no cost to
Base Pay: $94,000 /Year
Bonus: Unlimited, based on performance
Qualified Candidates, please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org