WHEN FILING FOR DIVORCE
PETITIONER MUST HAVE PREPARED THE FOLLOWING
1. Petition for Dissolution of Marriage. The petition must be notarized.
2. One Copy of the Petition for Dissolution of Marriage.
3. Judgment for Dissolution of Marriage.
4. Fee of $254.00 Payable by cash, check, money order, Visa, or Master Card
5. Face Sheet (Circuit Clerk’s office will supply).
6. Summons (Circuit Clerk’s Office will supply).
7. Certificate of Dissolution of Marriage (Circuit Clerk’s Office will supply).
8. P.A.C.T. (Parents and Children Together) Packet, if there are children from the
marriage (Circuit Clerk’s office will supply).
REFERENCE LOCATIONS FOR PREPARING YOUR DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE
1. Winnebago County Courthouse Law Library located on the third floor of the Courthouse.
2. Rockford Public Library, main facility only, located at 215 North Wyman Street,
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT A DIVORCE
1. The Law prohibits the Circuit Clerk’s Office from giving you any legal advice.
This includes assisting you in filling out any forms.
2. Located in the Law Library on the dictionary stand are the Illinois Compiled
Statutes. The Law on divorce is found in Chapter 750 etc.
3. If you are eligible to proceed under the Simplified Divorce law, the Circuit
Clerk’s Office will provide you with the necessary forms.
Note: You may want to consult with an attorney about your divorce.
Winnebago County Bar Association: 815-964-4992
Winnebago County Lawyer Referral: 815-964-5152