WINDCREST ON WESTVIEW
APARTMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS
AN ADDENDUM TO YOUR APARTMENT LEASE CONTRACT
The Apartment Rules and Regulations are, like all basic rules between good neighbors, based on common senses and courtesy. These
rules help to maintain the proper operation and appearance of this property, and provide you and your fellow residents with the comfort
and convenience that you expect in your home environment. We hope that you will feel that compliance with these rules will
accomplish our mutual objectives.
Read the rules carefully, they are part of your lease.
1. Resident shall not make or permit any disturbing noise in his/ her apartment or anywhere on the premises. Resident is
responsible for the actions of guests. Radio, television, stereos, musical instruments, etc., shall not be played in any
manner that will disturb other residents, with particular emphasis between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m.
2. All doors must be closed and properly locked during absence of Resident. The Management is not responsible for the
lost or missing items. If you are locked out of your apartment during business hours, contact the Business Office, and
with proper identification, you will be admitted. No one will be admitted who is not a party of the lease.
3. No personal property of any kind is permitted to be left in any of the public areas, and Resident shall not hang towels,
laundry, clothing or anything else on patios, balconies or windowsills. Management shall not be responsible for any
loss of personal property of any kind left public areas. Also, shaking of rugs or dust mops from balconies or windows is
4. Adhesive tape picture hangers are not permitted –nail-on hangers are permitted.
5. No antennas or outside wire shall be installed unless otherwise provided by the Apartment Lease Contract. Residents
or guests are not permitted on roofs of buildings at any time.
6. Report any maintenance needs to Business Office, especially when delay might cause further damage. Expense of
damage to plumbing and electrical apparatus, stopped up waste, drainage overflow, repairing of burned sections,
and repair of windows, drapes and walls will be charged to the Resident if caused by misuse.
7. Do not feed bones, grease, pasta, rice, celery, corn-husks, artichoke leaves, cigarettes or other hard objects into the
garbage disposal, and also, please run a full stream of cold water while using the disposal and for a few minutes
8. No objects of any kind are to be placed on or affixed to the windows or doors where they are visible from the exterior
of the building, nor to the outside of apartment doors. Such objects include, but are not limited to, non-white curtains
and drapes, posters, flags, signs, stickers, decals and tinfoil.
9. Light bulbs within the apartment must be replaced by Resident.
10. No bicycles or motorcycles are to be stored on patios, balconies, in apartments, under stairways or in any other area
except as designated by Management.
11. Use of aluminum foil on stove burners, drip pans, ovens and broilers is prohibited due to fire and electrical shock
12. Use cleaning products recommended for synthetic fabrics. Do not clean carpets with soap or oil based cleaning
products. CAUTION: Bleached spots and stains that cannot be removed from carpet and the presence of pet urine in
the carpet are not considered normal wear and tear. Residents will be charged for our attempts to remove such
stains and/or charged to patch such carpet, and/or charged to replace carpet if deemed necessary by
13. Drapes, curtains or blinds must be white, off-white or lined with white material. Blankets, sheets, etc., are not allowed
on windows. If mini blinds are provided they are not to be removed during occupancy.
14. Do not paint walls, cabinets, etc. or attach decals of any description. Do not hang wallpaper. Do not use molly bolts
in ceilings or walls. DO NOT GLUE SHELF PAPER IN THE CABINETS AND DRAWERS. Use only non-stick paper. The adhesive-
backed papers leave a glue residue. If you use adhesive-backed paper you will be charged for time and labor for
clean up and removal.
1. Laundry facilities are available only during posted hours. Residents are expected to clean up after themselves.
2. Management is not responsible for cloths left in laundry room.
3. No one (other than the Management, as provided in the Lease Contract) will be permitted access to your apartment
by the management unless your prior written authorization is given. The Management or its representatives cannot
accept or sign for a delivery without your authorization in writing.
WINDCREST ON WESTVIEW APARTMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS Page 1 of 4
HOLD HARMLESS CLAUSE
In the event of Resident’s absence from the premises, Resident hereby instructs and authorizes Agent to accept
and/or sign for packages, parcels and other types of mail delivered to the premises for the benefit of the Resident. In
exchange and as consideration for this mail service, Resident, his and/or her heirs, successors and assigners, do hereby
mutually and severally fully indemnify and hold harmless Agent and owner and any and all of their present and past
officers, directors, agents and employees, from any and all claims, causes of action, liabilities (including reasonable
attorneys’ fees) costs, expenses and losses of every kind, nature and description, anticipated or unanticipated, known
or unknown, express or implied, oral or written, and regardless of whether now in existence or arising at any time in the
future, in any way connected with, or arising out of, the receipt and storage of said packages and parcels.
4. We urge all Residents to help keep unauthorized persons off the premises. Discourage and report all door-to-door
soliciting and unauthorized use of facilities.
5. We reserve the right to require any person, invited or uninvited, to leave the apartment property, temporarily or
permanently, if in the sole opinion of Management such person violates the rules and regulations or such person’s
presence causes a disturbance or in any way threatens the reputation, comfort, safety or welfare of Windcrest on
Westview, or any person or the apartment property.
6. Move-outs must be completed prior to closing hour of Business Office. Rent continues until keys are returned.
7. Posted hours must be observed for recreation facilities.
8. Residents shall not use in any wasteful or unreasonable or hazardous manner any of the utilities furnished by
Management, nor keep or maintain any mechanical, electrical or other appliance or device operated by said utilities,
except herein listed and specifically approved by Management.
9. Renter’s Insurance: Although renters i nsurance is not required under the terms of our lease contract, we highly
recommend that you purchase renter’s insurance. Renters insurance is inexpensive and can save you thousands of
dollars. Many residents think their personal possessions are covered by the apartment community insurance but this is
NOT true. Windcrest on Westview is not responsible and will not pay for damages to your personal belongings as the
result of fire, storms, power failure, appliance and mechanical failure, water damage, and theft to name a few.
Additionally, renter’s insurance can also cover the resident’s liability for damage to apartment property and other
residents’ property. The cost of repairs due to the fault of the resident or resident’s guests will be charged to the
resident. If you would like to purchase renter’s insurance, please contact the office and we can assist you.
1. Residents are not permitted to play in laundry rooms, public balconies or stairways. In addition, Residents who allow
anyone to play in or on their apartment balconies or patios do so at their own risk.
2. Damage to property or landscaping by Resident or Guests will be the financial responsibility of Resident.
3. Supervision by Residents: Adult residents shall be solely responsible to see that all occupants, guests and visitors obey
Management’s rules and regulations, and the terms and conditions of the apartment lease.
4. Swimming pools will be used by Residents as designated and posted by Management.
5. Use of swimming pool by any person under the age of fourteen (14) requires immediate and supervision by an adult
Resident. Management does not provide pool supervision.
6. Playing by anyone in the public areas, stairways, hallways, and walkway used for ingress and egress to and from the
apartment complex, and the use of their toys in those designated areas, including but not limited to bicycles, big
wheels, etc., are prohibited except as allowed in areas specified by Management.
7. Management shall deem all items left in any common area abandoned and subject to disposal.
8. Residents shall be responsible for the supervision and control of all occupants residing with them on the premises, or
visiting occupants at the apartment community. Everyone must obey these rules and regulations. Violation of this
provision shall constitute grounds for immediate termination of this apartment contract pursuant to Paragraph 32 of
the Lease Agreement.
9. A WRITTEN PET AGREEMENT, PET FEES, AND OTHER DOCUMENTATION IS REQUIRED PRIOR TO BRINGING A PET ON
THESE PROPERTIES. HAVING AN UNAUTHORIZED PET CAN RESULT IN TERMINATION OF POSSESSION OF THE PREMISES.
You may not keep a pet for someone else even though it may be temporary. Caged pets of any kind are not
allowed. Reptiles are not allowed. Do not feed stray animals. It is a violation of the pet rule and grounds for immediate
eviction. Notify the office if you see any animal on the premises.
10. Your apartment and the parking lots and grounds will not be used as a place for people on foot or in cars to
congregate and hang out. Any such activity constitutes a nuisance to the apartment community and all persons
involved will be asked to leave the premises. If these persons return they will be arrested for trespassing. Any resident
who has excessive traffic in and out of the premises will be evicted from the premises. An eviction through the courts
will be issued to any resident who encourages, invites, or participates in any activity anywhere on the premises that
disturbs other residents or that threatens the overall safety and welfare of the apartment community.
WINDCREST ON WESTVIEW APARTMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS Page 2 of 4
11. Houston’s Juvenile Curfew Ordinance: The curfew generally applies to anyone under 18 and is in place from 11 p.m.
to 6 a.m. on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m. on Fridays and
Saturdays and between 9 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. on weekdays.
12. It is the responsibility of the resident to periodically inspect and test smoke detectors and replace batteries as
needed. Residents must do nothing to disable the detectors. They are provided for your safety as well as other
residents in your building.
1. No persons will be permitted to occupy the premises for more than three (3) consecutive days unless he/she is
registered at the Business Office. Guests must be accompanied by the Resident under all circumstances, and in no
event shall any such guest be allowed to occupy the premises for a longer than fourteen (14) consecutive days.
2. Residents assume full responsibility for the actions of their guests and agree to assume all financial responsibility for any
damage to premises, furnishings or landscaping by Residents or their Guests.
3. Guest parking is allowed only where designated by Management.
4. The number of guests may be limited by Management.
1. Each 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom unit is allowed up to a maximum of 2 vehicles without charge. Each 3-bedroom unit
is allowed up to a maximum of 3 vehicles without charge.
2. For additional vehicles over the maximum allowed, the resident must obtain written approval from the landlord.
Approvals are given on a case-by-case basis. If approved, residents must pay an additional charge of $15 per month
per additional vehicle.
3. Only passenger vehicles are allowed to park on the premises. No boats, trailers, house trailers, campers, recreational
vehicles, large vans, large trucks and similar type vehicles shall be parked or stored in or about the premises.
4. All vehicles must have a parking permit to park in the permit parking areas. Parking permits are required to park inside
the perimeter fence. This system is beneficial because it gives residents the best assurance of finding a convenient
parking space during the most inopportune times.
5. In order to obtain a new parking permit, each vehicle must have automobile liability insurance required under Texas
law. Landlord will not issue a parking permit without a copy of a current, valid proof of insurance for each vehicle.
o Landlord reserves the right to check for expired automobile liability insurance from time to time.
o Landlord may have vehicles without a current valid (unexpired) automobile liability insurance towed or booted at
the vehicle owner’s expense.
6. Each permit is required to be clearly visible at all times through the front windshield of the vehicle, right on top of your
inspection sticker. It is the sole responsibility of the resident to check regularly that each permit is secure on the
appropriate vehicle and is visible. If you have any problems or questions, do not park any vehicle inside the perimeter
fence until you have resolved the issue with management. Please pick up your permit in the office.
7. Visitor parking is outside the perimeter fence. If your visitor would like to park on the inside, you must obtain a visitor’s
parking permit from the office during normal business hours. If unable to obtain a parking permit for any reason,
residents must park on the outside.
8. If any vehicle parked in a permit parking area does not have a permit, it will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Although it is the visitor’s responsibility to read signage, it is also the resident’s responsibility to inform visitors of the
designated visitor areas.
9. Please let the visitors know they have to park in the parking spots outside the fence or street parking along Cedar Post
Ln. and must have a valid visitor parking permit.
10. Residents shall use the only parking space assigned by the Business Office. Cars must not be backed into the parking
space. Any vehicle parked in an unauthorized space or does not have a valid parking permit properly displayed is
subject to tow away at vehicle owner’s expense. Residents should advise their guests on the proper place to park.
11. Management is not responsible for the theft or damage to cars or other vehicles while on the premises.
12. No repairs of any motor vehicle, including changing oil, will be allowed at any time. Residents shall not wash their
vehicle(s) on the premises.
13. Any vehicle that is not operated for more than fourteen (14) consecutive days is subject to tow away at vehicle
14. Cost of removal of excess oil leakage from parking spaces will be charged to responsible Resident.
15. Motorcycles: The use of motorcycles is discouraged. Motorcycles are permitted only when operated by a licensed
driver and then only when used as transportation in and out of the apartment community. Motorcycles must be
equipped with proper mufflers to minimize noise and must be driven slowly and as quietly as possible in and out of the
property. A proper kick stand plate must be used to protect asphalt pavement from damage.
WINDCREST ON WESTVIEW APARTMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS Page 3 of 4
F. GROUNDS AND EXTERIOR PREMISES
1. Resident has inspected the premises and common areas and upon taking possession knows their condition, including
but not limited to swimming pool, parking areas, balconies, and recreation areas. Resident accepts them in such
condition, agreeing that no statement or representation as to condition has been made by Management, and any
Resident who allows his or occupants and guests or visitors to play in these areas does so at his or her own expense or
risk. Each Resident is exclusively responsible for the health, safety and welfare of residents and resident’s guests. As
such, residents hereby release and hold harmless the owner and/or owner’s agent(s) for any and all damages and
liability arising out of any death or injury to resident or resident’s guests in the absence of any negligence as to the
condition of the premises or intentional acts on the part of the owner and/or owner’s agent. Management shall have
no liability to make any repairs nor shall the rights of Resident to make said repairs accrue, except in an emergency,
unless the Resident has given written notice to management, and Management has had a reasonable time to
remedy said condition, which it may be obligated to make.
2. The exterior of your apartment including the grounds surrounding your apartment must be kept neat and free of
clutter. Grounds maintenance such as grass cutting and shrubbery trimming is provided by Windcrest on Westview.
Do not plant anything in the lawn area or put anything in the lawn area that will be in the way of lawnmowers.
3. Porches, patios and balconies are not to be used as storage areas. Do not place or store boxes, trash, outdoor
BBQ grills or other items outside your apartment doors, patios or balconies. Only outdoor furniture and potted
plants may be used in these areas. Do not drape rags, floor mats, or towels, etc over the shrubbery or patio railing.
BBQ grills are not to be used or stored on porches, patios or balconies. Houston Fire codes prohibits the use of
barbeque pits within 10 feet of a multi-family dwelling. Violators of this ordinance are subject to fines start at $250.00.
4. All plants are to be securely placed so they will not fall; no planter is allowed on railing at any time. Plants on the
balconies patios are prohibited without “catch-basins” for water run off. Care will be taken when watering plants so
water will not flow down onto patio of downstairs neighbor.
5. Statues, animals, windmills, etc. are not allowed in the lawn or shrubbery. Management reserves the right to require a
resident to remove any item from the outside premises if Management deems it inappropriate.
6. Yard sales are not allowed.
7. Motorized toys such as bikes and go-carts are not allowed.
8. The firing of B-B guns, pellet guns, and regular firearms is prohibited by law.
G. PEST CONTROL
1. Do NOT retrieve abandoned furniture/mattresses/box springs at the dumpster or from a “set out.” Used furniture may
contain bed bugs and may spread throughout the entire building if brought into your apartment.
2. If you suspect you may have bed bugs, please contact Management immediately.
3. Do NOT use a fogger to treat bed bugs. It will not kill the bed bugs and might make the problem worse. Contact the
Management for proper pest control treatment.
4. Please keep your apartment clean and free from clutter.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE RULES AND REGULATIONS CONSTITUES A BREACH OF THE LEASE.
THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS APPLY TO RESIDENTS AND GUESTS.
THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS MAY BE CHANGED OR AMMENDED AT ANY TIME.
It is our goal to provide you with a good place to live. We will do our best to give you good service and to maintain your apartment
community in a neat and orderly fashion. We seek your cooperation in the endeavor. Be considerate of others. Do not engage in any
activity that infringes on the rights or others. Watch out for your neighbors.
GOOD NEIGHBORS MAKE GOOD NEIGHBORHOODS!!!
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE. Spanish-only residents: Esto a sido traducido en Español y YO
entiendo lo que fue explicado por .
Resident Name: Apt. #
WINDCREST ON WESTVIEW APARTMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS Page 4 of 4