Department of Health and Family Welfare
Government of Gujarat
Contracting out SMS generation facility
Bid processing Fee: 500/- (Non Refundable)
Bid Security: 50,000/- (Refundable)
The last date of submission of bids: 5/8/2010
The Opening of Technical Bids: 6/8/10
The Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Gujarat has developed a mother and child
tracking programme (E- mamta) in collaboration with NIC, Gujarat. Online registration of all the pregnant
women and children of 0-6 years of age is done for their tracking and online SMS to be delivered to mothers
for ANC, Delivery, PNC and immunization services to children. About one crore SMS are estimated to be
delivered to various stake holders in a year. Interested parties are invited to quote their rates as per the terms
and conditions stated below.
The last date of submission of Technical & Financial bids is 5/8/10.
The technical & financial bid must be submitted in the separate sealed cover specifying the
subject. The late bid will not be accepted.
The bidder must submit the Bid processing fees & Bid security in the form of DD in four of
“RCH Programme, Sub Committee, State Health Society, Gandhinagar” along with the
Technical bid. Without Bid processing fee & Bid Security fee, the bid will not be accepted.
The bid will be submitted by courier/post at the address mentioned below.
Additional Director (FW),
Commissionerate of Health Medical Services and Medical Education,
Block no. 5, 2nd floor,
Dr. Jivraj Mehta Bhavan,
Pre-bid meeting will be held on 31/7/2010.
The technical bid will be opened on 6/8/10 at 11:00 hours.
The financial bids of only bidders who are technically qualified will be opened on 6/8/2010 at
The bid security of unsuccessful bidders will be returned within 30 days. The bid security of the
successful bidder will be returned after completion of contract period.
Scope of Work:
1. The service provider (SP) has to provide the facility to deliver the messages generated through E-
Mamta Application on the list of mobile nos. registered in the application.
2. The software provided by the SP should support regional language (Gujarati).
3. The software should be capable to deliver the messages on all the mobile connections like BSNL, idea,
Airtel, Vodafone, TATA etc.
4. The message should be delivered instantly or in given time limit.
5. The software should be capable for online campaign manager allowing for group creation/
management, address book, campaign management, reporting etc.
6. The service provider should be capable for generating the various report like day wise, message type
wise etc and send to the authorized officials through email or by SMS.
7. The SP should have to also maintain the log file of the sent, delivered and blocked SMS which can be
submitted along with the invoice.
8. In case of any dispute, the decision of Mission Director (NRHM) will be final and accepted to SP.
9. The required integration work with e-mamta application should be done by the SP without any
1. The service provider (SP) should have throughput of 400 TPS or more-for sending of “high” priority
SMS. Agreement with the various mobile operators must be attached to prove the capacity to have
throughput of 400 TPS or more.
2. The SP should be currently handing SMS dispatches of 10 lacs per day. Attach supporting document
of experience of handing SMS dispatches of 10 lac per day.
3. The service provider should have the Bulk-SMS connectivity with 1 or more different mobile
operators and be capable of sending of SMS to any mobile user in India. Supporting documents must
4. The service provider should have high availability network/ server infrastructure of 1 or more server
that is hosted at a leading data center with sufficient bandwidth and has load balancing, failover
capabilities and data security. Supporting documents must be attached.
5. The service provider should have operating experience, with mobile operators, of two or more years.
Copies of agreement or other supporting document must be submitted.
Financial Bid format:
S. No. No. of SMS Rate per SMS
1 Up to 10,00,000/- to 25,00,000/-
2 25,00,000/- to 50,00,000/-
3 50,00,000/- to 1,00,00,000/-
4 More than 1,00,00,000/-
Note: the quoted rates are inclusive of all the taxes.
Payment Terms & Conditions:
1. The payment will be made on quarterly basis.
2. The SP shall submit the invoice along with the various reports.
3. Actually sent messages will be counted for the payment. However if there is any blocking of services
by any service provider, the messages sent through the same will not be considered for payment.
4. Any penalty imposed will be deducted from the quarterly payment.
Penalty Terms & Conditions:
1. If the messages not sent within given time limit, the penalty of Rs. 10 per hour will be deducted from
General Terms and conditions:
1. There will be no increment in the agreed prices during contract period and no extra charges will be
accepted. The initial contract period will be for one year and will be extended for one year after review.