..and your money & environment
• This slide show needs no introduction, we have all
heard how damaging it is on both our wallets and
environment, if we waste power.
• It’s up to everyone to do their bit to save electricity,
so here are some tips that will help…
…you make a difference.
• Turn off appliances at the wall
Appliances on standby still use electricity, and a lot
can be saved by switching them off.
E.g. The digital clock on a microwave uses more
power to keep time than the energy used to heat
Your mobile phone charger uses power even if it’s
plugged in the power point without a phone.
• Use fans instead of air conditioners if possible,
they use a lot less power.
• Close all doors to rooms that don’t need to be
cool. This way it doesn’t use so much energy
to cool the house.
• Close curtains & windows to prevent the cool
air leaving and hot air entering the house.
• Set the air conditioner to 23°C (73.4 F), which
is the most energy efficient to cool the house.
• Similar principles apply to the air conditioner
eg. Closing windows & curtains
• Wear warmer clothing
• Add extra blankets to your bedding
• Wear socks or slippers to prevent heat being
lost from your body
• If you really want to make a massive difference to the
environment, check out this e-book. It shows you how to
create your own generator for your home, so you can create
free electricity without hurting the environment.