LSO TRAINING PROCEDURE
This procedure supersedes previous versions of the “LSO Training
Procedure” with a document date prior to 12/31/2009, regardless of the
title of the document.
This is a procedural document, the purpose of which is to provide a
specific procedure for:
1. Registering as a new user to the LSO training website.
2. Logging in to the LSO training website, “Booking” a course, and
taking a course.
3. Providing confirmation of successful training completion to the
student’s company SPOC.
Beginning 1/1/2009, all suppliers/vendors/companies doing work on
AT&T orders in AT&T facilities must send their employees to the LSO
website for training in the three required courses listed in this document.
Training is no longer available at the LMC website.
The following courses will be available effective 1/1/2009:
Course Number Course Name
51446222 Ask Yourself 2008
TBA Supplier Awareness - Network Space
The following course will be available in the near future:
Course Number Course Name
TBD TP Training
NOTE TO SPOCs: Until the TP course is available at the LSO website, all
target employees must complete the training locally as provided by their
Beginning 1/1/2009, all employees of suppliers/vendors/companies (and
their subcontractor employees) required to complete these courses must
apply for registration to the LSO training website, even if they have an
active UserID/Username and Password they used in the past to access the
LSO website. Every new applicant will receive a new UserID/Username.
Anyone with a LSO website UserID assigned to them prior to 1/1/2009 is
NOT to use that UserID going forward. This also means that anyone
with a LMC website UserID assigned to them will NOT be able to use it
at the LSO website.
If it is determined that someone completed training at the LSO website
after 1/1/2009 using an old UserID, they will be required to re-apply for
access to LSO, and they will be required to repeat the course(s).
In the past, some companies designated representatives to register all of
their employees at the LSO training site. When they did, the person doing
the registering used their own email address for all new registrants instead
of the email address of the person being registered. For several reasons,
including AT&T Security, no company or company representative may do
that going forward.
If a company wants to designate representatives to register all of their
employees, a valid email address for each student will have to be
submitted with the application so that the system generated confirmation
email is sent to the individual student, not to the company representatives
doing the mass registering. The reason why is because the system
generated confirmation email contains the student’s Password, and only
the student should possess their Password (unless someone needs it to
assist with trouble shooting a problem the student is having).
If the company so desires, they may instruct their employees to provide
their UserID/Username to a designated company representative, but in no
instance shall the designated company representative retain their
NOTE TO STUDENT: Keep track of your UserID/Username and
Password because you will need it again. Some courses must be repeated
annually. You must be responsible for your own log in information. Once
you have a UserID, you will not be issued another one.
If a student is having trouble logging into the LSO website for training, or
is having trouble while completing training, they shall contact either their
company’s Single Point Of Contact (SPOC) or the LSO Helpdesk for
assistance. No student should directly contact the AT&T Training
Coordinator for assistance. If a company’s SPOC needs help, and if the
LSO Helpdesk can’t assist, the SPOC may contact the AT&T Training
Coordinator for assistance.
If it becomes necessary to contact the LSO Helpdesk, the telephone number
is 888-878-2752 (or 404-927-0290). Select prompt 5. When someone
answers, the first thing to do is identify yourself as a “Business Partner”.
1. Everyone required to take courses at the LSO website will need to
apply for registration using the SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS
provided below in this document.
2. The first thing the new applicant will need to do when they apply for
registration to the LSO website is select the name of the company
they work for, or the name of the company they will subcontract for,
from a drop down list.
Therefore, it is imperative that each Skill Level List SPOC
communicates to their employees the name of their company as it
will appear in the drop down box when they go to the LSO website to
apply for registration.
If the company the employee works for, or the company the
employee will subcontract for, isn’t listed in the drop down box, the
employee should notify their company SPOC. If necessary, the SPOC
will contact the AT&T Training Coordinator for assistance.
NOTE TO STUDENT: Due to programming language issues, the
training department is not able to list the companies in alphabetical
order the same way they would appear if they were sorted in Excel.
Look carefully for your company’s name before you contact your
3. After the application has been completed and submitted, the
information will appear on a web page to await approval.
The application for access to the LSO website will have to be
approved by the AT&T Training Coordinator, or a designated
assistant. If there aren’t any problems with the application, it will be
approved the same day, if it is submitted before 4 P.M. central time,
Monday through Friday.
4. Once the application for access to the LSO website has been
approved, a system generated confirmation email will be sent to the
email address the student provided when they applied for
The confirmation email will include:
- the system generated UserID/Username for the student,
- the Password the student provided when registering,
- the LSO training site URL,
- a reminder to wait 24 hours before accessing the training site.
5. Twenty-four hours after the student has received their system
generated confirmation email, they may log in to the LSO training
website, “BOOK” a course, and complete a course using the
SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS provided below in this document.
6. Once the student has successfully completed a course, they must
provide confirmation of successful course completion to their
company’s SPOC, using the SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS provided
below in this document.
NOTE TO STUDENT: Each course has three parts – the course,
the test, and the survey. All three parts must be completed before
you have successfully completed the course.
7. OTV Companies & EF&I Suppliers - Once the company’s SPOC has
confirmed completion of the TP, Ask Yourself, and Supplier
Awareness courses for an employee, and once the employee has meet
all other requirements for working on AT&T jobs in AT&T facilities,
they may be added to the company’s Skill Level List.
Step 1 - How to apply for registration to the LSO training website.
Go to URL https://www.e-access.att.com/lsobp/NonAlliance/BPAccess
- Click “New User Registration”.
- Select the name of your company you will be working for.
- Click “Continue”.
- Complete the “New User Registration Form”.
Note: Use exactly the same first name and last name here as it will appear
on your company’s Skill Level List. If you are not sure what that will
be, contact your company’s SPOC.
- Click “Submit”.
- You will see the following message on the next screen:
Your registration request has been Submitted. You will receive an e-mail notification once your
request has been approved.
Please Note: Access to Learning Solutions may take 24 hours. Please use your user name and
password to enroll in training.
You may close the Browser now.
As a reminder of what the process is after you’ve submitted your
application, read the “GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS” section of this
REMINDER TO STUDENT: Wait 24 hours after you receive your
system generated confirmation email before attempting to access the LSO
training website for training.
Step 2 – How to log in to the LSO training website, how to “Book” a
course, how to take the Post-test, and how to complete the survey.
HELPFUL HINTS FROM LSO
1. For best results, access the training site using Internet Explorer 6. If
this is an issue for any company, contact the LSO Helpdesk for
2. Make sure pop-up blockers are turned off.
(If they aren’t, you may have trouble during the course. One known
problem: The student will complete the course, the Post-test, and the
Survey, but their training record will show they have only completed
2 of the 3 parts.)
3. Although the training site is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week,
there are times during the evening and early morning when you may
not be able to access the site due to scheduled maintenance. If that
happens, consider trying again in an hour. Once the scheduled
maintenance has finished, the site will be available again. It is
recommended you allow yourself enough time to complete the
course you have started by 8 P.M. or wait until after midnight to start
taking a course.
4. A passing score on the Post-test is 80 and above. If you fail the
course, you will have to wait 24 hours before trying again.
To Log In To The LSO Training Website
- Go to URL https://www.e-access.sbc.com/see/.
- Enter your UserID/Username in the “UserID” field.
- Enter your password in the “Password” field.
- Click “OK”.
- On the next page click “OK”.
NOTE: There might be a long pause before the next page appears.
- Click “LSO Guest”.
- Click “Manage My Learning”.
To “Book” A Course
- In the “Course Number” field, enter the eight digit course number.
- Click “Find”.
- When the course has been found, click on the course name link under the
“Course” column in the middle of the page.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click the "Book this course" button.
- Click “OK”.
To Take The Course
- Click the “Start Course Now” button.
CAUTION: The next page that opens is called the “Content Player”. Do
NOT close it until you have completed the entire course. You will have to
use the navigation buttons at the bottom of the “Content Player” to move
from the course, to the post-test, to the survey.
- If necessary, click “here” in the middle of the “Content Player” to
- The “Content Page” will open over top of the “Content Player” page.
- Click “Getting Started” to begin the course.
- When you have finished all parts of the course, close the “Content Page”,
but NOT the “Content Player” page.
To Take The Post-test
- You should now see the “Content Player” again.
- Click “Next Lesson” to take the “Post-test”.
- When you finish the “Post-test”, click “Submit”.
- The test results page will appear.
- If you failed the test, you will have to wait 24 hours to retake the test.
- If you passed the test, you must complete the “Survey” before you will
receive credit for successfully completing the course.
To Take The Survey
- Click “Next Lesson” to take the “Survey”.
- When you finish the “Survey”, click “Submit”.
- The next page should read, “Your survey has been successfully
submitted. Thank you.”.
- Click “Exit Course”.
- You should be at the “Manage My Learning” page.
STOP – Before logging off, do “Step 3” below.
Step 3 – How to confirm successful completion of the course to the
- Again, you should be at the “Manage My Learning” page.
- To verify you have completed all three parts of the course, scroll down to
the “Learning Progress” section. It should read “Learning Objects 3
of 3”, “Learning Progress 100%”, and “Learning Status Passed”.
- Capture the screen to the clipboard, paste the clipboard into a Word
document, and send the Word document to your SPOC.
Here’s how to do that:
- With your name showing (just below the browser tool bar on the
left of the screen), and your completion information showing
on the right, print the screen to the clipboard by holding down
the Shift key and depressing the “Print Scrn” key on your
- Go to a new Word document screen and Paste the clipboard into the
document. To do this, hold down the Ctrl key on your
keyboard and depress the V key.
- Save the Word document to the hard drive of your computer, giving
it a file name that includes your name. For example, if your
name was Dick Clark, your file name would look like this –
“dickclark.doc” (without the quotes).
- Attach the Word document to an email and send it to your SPOC
(and maybe to yourself and your supervisor).
- When you are ready to leave LSO, click “Log Off”.