LNG Industry To 2016 - Increasing Gas Supply Challenges
Future Growth Prospects
LNG Industry To 2016 - Increasing Gas Supply Challenges Future Growth Prospects ; This
report 'LNG Industry To 2016 - Increasing Gas Supply Challenges Future Growth Prospects'
provides an in-depth analysis of the global LNG (Liquified Natural Gas) industry and highlights
the various concerns, shifting trends and major players in each geographic region.
This oil and gas report provides forecasts for the liquefaction and regasification sectors of the
LNG industry, of planned liquefaction and regasification terminals and of planned major global
LNG projects to 2016. The report also provides segmental forecasts of the global LNG market in
different regions worldwide and highlights the major countries in the region.
The report provides in-depth analysis of the key trends and challenges for the LNG industry in
the different regions. An analysis of LNG economics, capital expenditure and deals are also
provided. The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases,
primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by our team of industry experts.
Worldwide, massive rises in the liquefaction and regasification capacities of the LNG industry
are expected, indicating a strong positive trend towards the use of LNG as an energy source.
However, the global LNG industry could face a significant challenge in the short to medium
term, as LNG demand fell significantly in 2009 due to major factors such as the global financial
meltdown and will take some time to recover, while the supply outlook has improved with new
liquefaction plants coming online. Also, the increase in natural gas supplies from unconventional
sources such as shale gas due to innovative exploration and production technologies, especially
in the US, has added to the supply. Trade movements in 2016 will be quite different from 2010 if
all the planned liquefaction and regasification terminals commence operations according to
schedule. Surging oil prices coupled with limited natural gas reserves in most countries has
mandated markets across the globe to import natural gas in the form of LNG. This trend has
prompted the development of several new liquefaction and regasification projects worldwide.
The recent LNG mega-deals between gas giants globally are deals that would work as a long-
term boost to the LNG industry. It signals a bid by giant gas companies to expand to their gas
portfolio. Newly discovered gas sources pushed US unconventional reserves to well in excess of
current Russian proven reserves. Although this resource and several other massive
unconventional finds will take years to develop, the impact on the US, North American and
global gas markets is enormous.
The report provides in-depth analysis on the major factors affecting the future of the global LNG
industry. Its scope includes:
- Global LNG industry capacity, demand, imports and exports, planned future projects and trade
- Provides capital expenditure (CAPEX) information and deal analysis of the LNG industry.
- Annualized historical data from 2000 to 2009 and forecast data to 2016.
- Key geographies including North America, South and Central America, Europe, Middle East
and Africa and Asia Pacific.
- Analysis of the LNG liquefaction and regasification segments and the natural gas industry.
- Overview of the global LNG industry, covering the trends and challenges and economics of the
- Competitive analysis of the global LNG industry including analysis of key companies such as
Korea Gas Corporation, PT Badak NGL, Enagas S.A., Qatar Petroleum, PT Pertamina, Petroliam
Nasional Berhad (Petronas).
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights about the global LNG industry.
- Identify opportunities and challenges in the global LNG industry.
- Understand the regional LNG markets worldwide and the current and projected plans of the key
LNG companies operating in those regions.
- Increase future revenues and profitability with the help of insights into the future opportunities
and critical success factors in the global LNG industry.
- Benchmark your operations and strategies against the major players in the global LNG
For more information, please visit :