Regent University Blackberry Agreement
I, _________________________________ (Full Name) acknowledge that Regent University (Regent)
offers connectivity to its Electronic Messaging (Email) Server, via a Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES), to
my personally-owned or Regent-provided Blackberry Handheld device (Blackberry). Further, I release
Regent, its administrators, and other agents from any and all liability concerning my Blackberry. I hereby
agree to comply with all Regent policies and procedures concerning Blackberry utilization and permit
Regent to take any necessary actions to prevent data loss, disclosure, or other events that might expose
Regent to undesirable effects. Specifically, I understand and agree to each of the following statements.
1. Regent will maintain a configuration policy on my Blackberry and will at any time, at its sole
discretion modify the policy.
2. Regent will require password protection for my Blackberry.
3. In the event my Blackberry becomes lost or stolen, I will notify Regent of such loss within 24
hours and Regent will remotely execute a command which will remove all data from my
Blackberry including, but not limited to personal files, contacts, and email messages. (initials
4. Regent is not responsible for backing up my Blackberry or providing recovery of lost, corrupt, or
5. Regent reserves the right to revoke any and all access and/or connectivity to the BES at its sole
discretion, without prior notification to, or consent from the user.
6. Regent’s Acceptable Use Policy applies to my Blackberry device.
I have read and understand all of the above on this ___________ day of __________________, _______.