GSC CLUBFUNDING PROPOSAL 2010-2011
For the Fiscal year: October 1, 2010 – September 30, 2011
Club name, email, webpage.
Name, campus address, email and campus extension of two club officers:
Contact person and email address:
Amount REQUESTED from GSC Club Funding last year: $
Amount RECEIVED from GSC Club Funding last year: $
Amount REQUESTED from GSC Quick Funding last year: $
Amount RECEIVED from GSC Quick Funding last year: $
Amount REQUESTED from the GSC this year: $
To whom the check should be made payable:
(amounts over $500 require an organizational account)
Campus address to send the check:
Page 1 of 5
1) Purpose of the club
- Describe briefly what the purpose or specific interest of your club is. State its objectives as well as who
can enjoy the activities promoted by the club.
- If your club has membership dues, please make a clear distinction between those members who have
paid fees, and those on your membership list that usually take part in activities but who have not
contributed economically to the club.
Total Active Club Members:
Members Paying Membership Dues:
Other Members and Friends:
Total Graduate Student Members:
Dues-Paying Graduate Student Members
Page 2 of 5
- It is important for the GSC to know some details on the graduate students in your club. Provide a list of current
graduate student members and their options. A table, such as the one below, will suffice. Provide an updated
situation as of September 18, 2010.
Current graduate student members
- Explain us how you plan to recruit new members to your club, if you expect an increase or decrease in
the number of members compared to previous years. Specify what advertising channels your club has
used or plans to use to attract new members.
4) Advertisement of the club events
- How do you advertise club activities? Do you post flyers around campus? Do you have a mailing list to
let all members, and also other people that might be interested, know about specific events? Do you
make use of the GSC Newsletter, The California Tech, or the Caltech Weekly Calendar? Explain your
- Remember that the club needs to have an article in The Technique to welcome new graduate students
and to introduce your club to them. The Technique is now online. Please update it by contacting the
editor listed on the GSC web site.
5) List of events and activities in year 2009-2010
- Concisely describe the activities your club organized during the previous year. Provide dates,
attendance figures, and state whether each event was open to the entire Caltech community [O] or
just for club members [M]. Give details on the nature of the event if the name is unclear. Also, list
the total cost of each event. Supporting documentation such as attendance lists, event flyers, etc. will
help us to have an idea of how active your club is.
CLUB ACTIVITIES FOR 2009-2010:
[List here the activities] [when] Total # # Grad student [O/M]
- You MUST attach a copy of the previous year’s financial statement listing all sources of income and
expenses. Feel free to download an Excel template of a financial statement from the GSC website.
Your club will not receive funding from the GSC if our Club Funding committee does not receive a
COMPLETE financial statement for the previous year (new clubs excepted).
Page 3 of 5
6) Proposed events and budget for 2010-2011
- List here all activities your club intends to organize for the coming academic year. State if each is open
to the entire community [O] or just to the members of the club [M]. Give details on the nature of the
event if the name is unclear.
PLANNED ACTIVITIES FOR 2010-2011:
[List here the activities] [when] expected # [O/M]
- Provide a projected financial statement for the club for the coming year. Feel free to download an
Excel template of a financial statement from the GSC website. Your club will not receive funding from
the GSC if our Club Funding committee does not receive a COMPLETE projected financial
statement for the coming year (that’s right, we need 2 financial statements, one for 5 and one for 6).
- We also need to know if you have requested funding from other organizations. List these organizations
and the amount requested (or already assigned). Let us know if your club charge fees to its members. If
so, include the membership dues in the list. Leftovers from previous year’s budget must also be listed.
OTHER CLUB FUNDING FOR 2010-2011:
Membership dues [(expected) amounts]
Retained Earnings (surplus funds) from previous years
[List other organizations
applied to for funding] [requested/received amounts]
Page 4 of 5
7) How much would you like the GSC to contribute?
- Finally tell us what portion of the budget and which items you want the GSC to fund. Provide your
reasons to justify the requested amount. How relevant and important would a contribution from the
GSC be for your club? Note, that the GSC is very unlikely to fund member only activities.
REQUESTED GSC CONTRIBUTION FOR 2010-2011:
[List here the items] [requested amounts]
Total Requested from the GSC:
___________________________ __________________ ________________________________________
Name Date Signature
Send an electronic copy of your entire proposal to the GSC Treasurer, email@example.com by
September 18, 2010. If you have any questions regarding your proposal, please e-mail the Treasurer or Chair
Page 5 of 5