Docstoc

December 2009 Agenda-Minutes

Document Sample
December 2009 Agenda-Minutes Powered By Docstoc
					                     Equality and Diversity Steering Group
                        To be held on Tuesday 8th December 2009 at 2.30 pm in
                            John Turner Centre Canteen, Warwick Hospital

                                                  AGENDA
                                                      ITEM                                  WHO

1.           Apologies

2.           Action Notes from last meeting (Review and agree)                                  LB

3.           Items

3.1          Updated Terms of Reference                                                         LB

3.2          Equality Impact Assessments - update                                           AP/LB

3.3          Single Equality Scheme – Final Draft for Approval                                  LB

3.4          AOB                                                                                All

4.           Date of Next Meeting – Tuesday 2nd March 2010 2pm – 4pm


Membership
Name                         (Initials)   Position                  Email
Ann Pope                     AP           Director of Human         Ann.Pope@swh.nhs.uk
                                          Resources and Lead
                                          Director
Laura Bick                   LB           HR Adviser – Equality     Laura.bick@swh.nhs.uk
                                          and Diversity lead
Sophie Gilkes                SG           Communications            Sophie.gilkes@swh.nhs.uk
                                          Manager
Natasha Lloyd-Lucas (or      NLL          Education and Training    Natasha.lloyd-lucas@swh.nhs.uk
nominated deputy)                         Adviser

Fiona Stevens (or            FS           Assistant General         Fiona.stevens@swh.nhs.uk
nominated deputy)                         Manager – Critical Care
                                          (Representing Surgical
                                          Division)
Caroline Robertson (or       CS           Matron (Representing      Caroline.robertson@swh.nhs.uk
nominated deputy)                         both Medical and
                                          Surgical Divisions)
Val Quelch (or nominated     VQ           Deputy Hotel Services     Valerie.quelch@swh.nhs.uk
deputy)                                   Manager (Representing
                                          Corporate Division)
Renate Crompton              RC                                     Renate.crompton@swh.nhs.uk

Dr Ishwinder Suri (or        IS           Consultant Anaesthetist   Ishwinder.suri@swh.nhs.uk
nominated deputy)                         (Representing Medical
                                          Staff)
Janet Bonser (or      JB   PALS Manager                Janet.Bonser@swh.nhs.uk
nominated PALS
Representative)
Aurora Styles (or     AS   Occupational Therapist      Aurora.styles@swh.nhs.uk
nominated deputy)          (Representing Staff Side)

Michael Wincott (or   MW   Procurement Assistant –     Michael.wincott@swh.nhs.uk
nominated deputy)          Estates/Stores
                           (Representing Staff Side)
Santosh Kundi (or     SK   Representing                Ramesh.kundi@sky.com
nominated deputy)          Patients/Public
                      Equality & Diversity Steering Group
      Held on Tuesday 8 December 2009 at 2.30 pm in the Dining Room, John Turner Centre


                                                 MINUTES

Attendees         Name                 Initial   Title
                  Ann Pope             AP        Director of Human Resources & Lead Director
                  Aurora Styles        AS        Occupational Therapist (Representing Staff Side)
                  Janet Bonser         JB        PALS Manager
                  Renate Crompton      RC        Monitoring Co-Ordinator (Representing Corporate
                                                 Division)
                  Sophie Gilkes        SG        Communications Manager
                  Jeni Graham          JG        Acute Liaison Nurse- Learning Disability
                  Laura Bick           LB        Equality & Diversity Lead – Human Resources Adviser
1. Apologies      Santosh Kundi        SK        Representing Patients/Public
                  Ishwinder Suri       IS        Consultant Anaesthetist
                  Caroline Robertson   CR        Modern Matron (Representing both Medical & Surgical
                                                 Divisons)
                  Michael Wincott      MW        Procurement Assistant – Estates/Stores (Representing
                                                 Staff Side)
                  Fiona Stevens        FS        Assistant General Manager – Critical Care (Representing
                                                 Surgical Division)
2. Minutes of the Previous Meeting
Amendments             None
Decision               Minutes were reviewed and agreed as an accurate record.
3. Agenda Items                                                                             Actions
3.1                    An amended copy of the terms of reference was distributed            LB to update
                       and agreed as accurate. JG to be included on the distribution
                       list and in the terms of reference.
3.2                    AP agreed to speak to the General Managers to ensure that            AP to speak to
                       the key areas start moving forward with impact assessments.          General
                       There had been no response from the request for progress             Managers
                       reports.
3.3                    The Single Equality Scheme (SES) plan was due for an                 LB to bring to
                       update, AP and LB to update and take to Trust Board for              the next meeting.
                       approval. Copies of the SES will be distributed at the next
                       meeting.
3.4 (a)                JB discussed frustrations surrounding funding for the leaflet.      JB to speak to
                       With the new standards that have come in, the delay may have        the
                       been a good thing. JB will speak to the Governance team to          Governance
                       get advice about meeting the new standards. The national            Team
                       publications are in different languages.
3.4 (b)                JG was welcomed to the meeting and a brief discussion took          JG to speak to
                       place about her role. JG said she was carrying out an audit of      Madeline
                       in-patient experiences. AP said that JG should speak to             Curran,
                       Madeline Curran and link in with the HCA Development                Modern Matron
                       Programme. JG said she would be happy to do this.                   & look at the
                                                                                           HCA
                                                                                           Development
                                                                                           Programme.
3.5 (c)                JG said she would like to present an audit of her findings at the   LB to include
                       next Steering Group. AP said we would include it on the             on the next
                       agenda                                                              agenda
3.6 (d)                JG said she has designed her own Learning Disability intranet       LB to add to
                       page on the PCT site. SG discussed the new SWGHT site and           the intranet.
                       LB agreed to add the learning disability information to the
                       South Warwickshire intranet.
5. Next Meeting: Wednesday 10 March 2010 at 2.00 pm, John Turner Centre
   Dining Room


                    Summary of Action Items resulting from Meeting
          TASK                                                                   WHO            WHEN
3. Agenda Items
3.1       LB to update the terms of reference                                    LB             Before the
                                                                                                next
                                                                                                meeting
3.2       AP to speak to the General Managers about progressing the              AP             Asap
          equality impact assessments.
3.3       LB to bring the final Single Equality Scheme Plan to the next          LB             At the next
          meeting                                                                               meeting.
3.4 (a)   JB to speak to the Governance Team about the impact of the new         JB             Asap
          standards
3.4 (b)   JG to speak to Madeline Curran, Modern Matron and look at the          JG             Asap
          HCA development programme
3.4 (c)   LB to include JG’s audit presentation on the next agenda               LB             Before the
                                                                                                next
                                                                                                meeting
3.4 (d)   LB to add the Learning Disability pages to the intranet                LB             Before the
                                                                                                SWGHT
                                                                                                site goes
                                                                                                live.

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Shared By:
Categories:
Stats:
views:8
posted:1/6/2011
language:English
pages:4