Macbeth Unit Plan
For this unit, you are to work within your assigned group to develop a lesson plan where
your group will teach an act from the play to the class. You will have 3 class periods to
work on this project; however, you are expected to work at home on this project as well.
After discussing the plot and characters of the play, each group will be responsible for the
1. Developing a Vocabulary list for your act. A vocabulary worksheet or puzzle
should be part of the lesson.
2. Character analysis. Specific quotes from the play must be used to highlight the
character’s attitude as well as role within the play.
3. Plot development. A series of events must be delineated to show the action of
your act. The setting of the act must also be included. A worksheet must be
provided for the class.
4. Literary Devices. Each group must provide examples and explanations of at least
10 literary devices used within your act. Specifically, the group must analyze
how the device enhances the scene.
5. Performance. All students within the group must participate in a re-enactment of
a specific scene within the play. The scene must be one that has the greatest value
to the specific act. Props and dramatic readings are part of this grade.
6. Quiz. Students will develop a quiz that will encompass all aspects of the above
Students must provide me with copies of all the worksheets prior to the class. If you
want me to print the worksheets, I will need three school days prior to your presentation
to make the copies. I will also provide transparencies for each group.
A. One quiz grade for each act following the presentation.
B. One test grade for the presentation of information. A list of what each person was
responsible for must be provided. Also, during the presentation, students are to
present only the work they were responsible for.
C. A presentation quiz grade for performance. This will include attempts at
performance, props, clarity of speech, variance of tone, and projection of voice.
D. A final test grade on the play.