NEW Band Management Online System – CHARMS!!
Your Mighty Mustang Band has taken a GINORMOUS step forward in technology and we are very excited to share the news with
Over the past couple of months, we have been implementing a new band software system called CHARMS. This software system is
used by many school organizations around the country. It will allow us to easily track student and parent information, communicate
more easily with volunteers, provide timely information about events, manage forms, inventory, uniforms and music as well as
provide student financial information.
We are thrilled and hope you will be as well! While many of CHARMS functions will be utilized by the directors and various
committee chairpersons in the background, there is an entire section devoted to parents and students.
You can now update your student’s information, view the calendar of events, identify any forms that require completion and view
your financial statements online under a secure password driven system.
Band registration is August 8th (2-5pm) and we will be using this online system. In order to minimize your time at registration we
need you to take a few steps now to help make our registration lines move faster. Please take a moment now to complete the
1) Access the CHARMS System – Visit www.friendswoodmustangband.org and select CHARMS from the left hand side under
Useful Links. Click directly on the button and you’ll be taken to the Login Page.
2) Your Student’s Password is their FISD Student ID number (in most cases). If that number does not work, please email me at
Treasurer@friendswoodmustangband.org with your student’s FISD ID Number and I will ensure it is updated quickly.
3) Update Your Student’s Information – In CHARMS, you will see a Personal Info button. Please take a moment now to
update as much information as you can which includes both Student and Adult information. This will save you and us time during
the registration process. You will be asked for this information during Registration if it is not already updated in CHARMS.
4) Update your Email Addresses!! You have three email address options in the Personal Info section – your student and two
adult emails. This system will be replacing the existing Band email system. If you do not include emails in the new system you will
not receive the email notifications you are currently receiving. Please ensure you enter email(s) that you or your student read often.
5) Make an online Payment - PayPal can be reached from CHARMS by clicking on the Finances button from the main menu.
Mark the items you would like to pay and click Pay Fees. This will take you to the PayPal website. PayPal will accept credit card,
debit card and/or debits from your bank account. If you wish to pay by credit card or debit card, you do not have to establish an
account with PayPal. You will be given the option on the PayPal screen to either login to your PayPal account or continue without
logging in. Please note: 3% handling fee will be assessed to any PayPal payment so please take that into consideration when making
your payments using this method.
6) Take a Moment to Look Around! You can view the Band Calendar and Events, view your Student’s Financial purchases and
Statements to date, make payments via PayPal for registration fees, and view and download Forms that will need to be completed for
Registration. In the near future you will be able to sign up to Volunteer online as well!
7) Let me know if you encounter any problems or issues at Treasurer@friendswoodmustangband.org.
You will see this system in use on Registration Day, August 8, 2010! As with any new system, there is a period of learning
surrounding the implementation and usage of CHARMS. Please be patient and ask questions when you have concerns. CHARMS
will help improve communication and tracking of all of our band activities. It will have a positive impact on all of us!
Mary-Austin CoxMBBC Treasurer