P1801_unapproved_notes_20100330 by ashrafp

VIEWS: 3 PAGES: 6

									IEEE P1801: 30 March 2010 Meeting Notes:
not approved as of 30 March 2010.
Action Items for Next meeting:

Connection details: at bottom See also
http://www.accellera.org/apps/org/workgroup/p1801/calendar.php



Attendees:

8/18   9/1   Oct   Nov   Dec   5      2      16     2      16     30   Name              Company
             09    09    09
                               Jan    Feb    Feb    Mar    Mar    Mar
                               2010   2010   2010   2010   2010   2010
 x     x     X     X     X     X      X      x      X      x      x    Gary Delp         Spirit
                                                                                         Consortium
 x     x     X     X     X     x      X      x      X      E      X    Shir-Shen Chang   Synopsys
             x
                                                           x      e    Cary Chin
                                                                       Jim Sproch
                         X                                             Yatin Trivedi     Accellera
              x
                               x      x      x      X             e    Cary Chin
 x     x     X     X     X     x      X             X      X      X    Erich Marschner   Mentor
                                                           x      e    Rick Koster
                                                                       John Shields
 -     x     X     X           x      e      x      X      x      e    John Biggs        ARM
 x     x     X     x           x      x      x      X             x    Rolf Lagerquist   TI
                         x
                                                                       Minh Chau
 x     x     X     x     X     x      X      x      X      X           Judith            AMD
                                                                       Richardson
 x      -    X     x                         e      X      x      e    Knut Just         Infineon
                                      X                                Juergen
                                                                       Karmann
 x     x      -                                                        Michael Rifani    Intel
 x      -    X     X           X      X      x      X                  Jon               Magma
                   x
                               x                    X                  Worthington
                                                                       Raghunandan
                                                                       Rao
 -     x     X     x     x                                             Ben Beaumont      Azuro
 -      -    X     x           x      x             X             x    Don Mills         Microchip
                         x
                                                                       Pedro Ovalle      Technology
                                                                       Tim Jordan
                                             X                         Fred Jen          Qualcomm
                                             x      X                  Sorin Dobre

Key: X – in attendance, v - vacation and they told us, e- excused, p – proxy present
      No annotation or – not present
Agenda
    BoilerPlate:
        o Patent policy
        o Action Items from previous meeting
    Primary Topics:

Patent Policy
All attendees are aware of IEEE Policy, the IEEE patent Slide Set was presented, and the
call for essential claims was made at the meeting.
There were no responses to the call for known essential patents relevant to this proposed
standard.

Previous to the meeting: Review minutes from previous meeting
    Approval of agenda
          o XXX moved to approve the agenda; XXX seconded
          o Abstentions
          o Approved by acclamation

Action Items from previous meeting:
   


Agenda:
      BoilerPlate:
          o Patent policy
          o Action Items from previous meeting
      Primary Topics:
          o Issues sub-committee
          o PG_Pin mapping update
          o Form of SoWG
          o Form of 1801-V3D1
          o Erich update on states
          o Issues review

Meeting Minutes:
Roll call; 5/13 companies 6 people

Patent Call: http://standards.ieee.org/board/pat/
    No patents revealed.

Pg_type document – a very early version has been posted in Google Docs.
It should not be distributed beyond the group because there are unresolved copyright
permission issues.
John Shields shared info IEEE’s 10% rule
http://standards.ieee.org/IPR/copyrightpolicy.html
Gary to ask for IEEE permission (see
http://www.accellera.org/apps/org/workgroup/p1801/email/archives/201003/msg00002.ht
ml )

Shir-Shen to confirm with Liberty™ use of that document text.


   ID         Type        Category       Severity      Status      Updated     Summary
                                                                            Determination
                                                                            of owner
                                                                            supplies for
                             6.40                      assigned    2010-03- buffers
0002600 Clarification                      major
                         set_isolation               (Gary_Delp)      30    (repeaters)
                                                                            inserted for
                                                                            isolation
                                                                            inputs/outputs
                          4. Power                                          Section 4.10
                          domains,                    assigned              allowed
                                                                   2010-03-
0002602 Errata              name           major       (Erich               Boolean
                                                                      30
                         spaces, and                 Marschner)             operators too
                         precedence                                         restrictive
                                                                            FAQ: pg_type
                             6.40                      assigned    2010-03- document:
0002887 Clarification                      minor
                         set_isolation               (Gary_Delp)      30    Isolation Cell
                                                                            Issue
                                                                            FAQ: Formal
                                                                            parameter
                                                                            input to
                       6.01
                                                       assigned    2010-03- P1801
0001923 Enhancement Conventions            major
                                                     (Gary_Delp)      30    commands to
                       used
                                                                            support
                                                                            mythology
                                                                            requirements
                                                                            VHDL
                         Appendix B                                         definition of
                                                        closed     2010-03-
0001866 Errata           Supply net        crash                            net_state
                                                    (Steve_Bailey)    30
                          logic type                                        uses Reserved
                                                                            Word ON



Meeting ended 80 minutes after the start


References:
          o Schedule expectations
                First Ballot June 2011
                   New version December 2011
                   TBD: Sense of the workgroup straw man for TI’s issue.
             o Activity expectations
                   Near term clarifications
                   Potential means to disconnect net
                   FAQ
                   Publishing a “Sense of the Workgroup living document”
                           Interpretations/clarifications of the current standard
                           Current view of any additions to the standard in the next
                              version.
                           Accumulate decisions of the work group
                           Publishing externally – may be a subset document.



Meeting details:
Topic: IEEE P1801 Work Group
Date: Alternating Tuesdays starting 12 May 2009
Time: 10:00 am, Central Daylight Time (GMT -05:00, Chicago)
Time: 8:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time (GMT -07:00, San Francisco)
Time: 4:00 pm England, 1800 CET, 8:30 pm India
You can contact me at:
Delp.gary@mayo.edu or Gary.Delp@gmail.com
+1-507-293-1547 (mayo) 1-507-289-7276 (home office – usually forwarded)
+1 563-289-7276 (Google Voice)

Group: IEEE P1801

Primary: Synopsys contributed:
Time: 9:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time (GMT -07:00, San Francisco)
Meeting Number: 330 335 748
Meeting Password: ieee09
-------------------------------------------------------
To join the online meeting
-------------------------------------------------------
1. Go to https://synopsys.webex.com enter meeting number 330335748
2. Enter your name and email address.
3. Enter the meeting password: ieee09
4. Click "Join Now".

-------------------------------------------------------
To join the teleconference (MeetingPlace)
-------------------------------------------------------
Meeting ID: 44217
    Call Synopsys MeetingPlace at:
    4-6338 (Internal)
    1-650-584-6338 (Local/International)
    1-888-813-5316 (Toll-free)
    Press 1 to attend the meeting
    Enter the Meeting ID “44217” followed by #
    Press 1 to confirm the Meeting ID
    Speak your name followed by #
    Press 1 to attend the Meeting
7. Local dial-in numbers
Armenia, Yerevan +374.10.492609
Canada, Mississauga +905.273.8402
Canada, Nepean +613.221.8603
Switzerland, Zurich +41.44.567.1551
Chile, Santiago +56.2.714.6898
China, Beijing +86.105.986.0609
China, Shanghai +86.212.307.2214
China, Shenzhen +8675582519810
Germany, Aachen +49.240.756.3610
Germany, Munich +49.899.932.0192
Denmark, Copenhagen +49.899.932.0192
Finland, Espoo +49.899.932.0192
Finland, Tampere +49.899.932.0192
France, Montbonnot +33.4.56.38.48.09
France, Montpellier +33.4.56.38.48.09
France, Rungis +33.1.45.12.06.12
France, Sophia +33.4.97.23.97.06
United Kingdom, Livingston +44.15064.86027
United Kingdom, Reading +44.1189.651119
Sweden, Stockholm +49.899.932.0192
Hungary, Budapest +49.899.932.0192
Ireland, Dublin +353.1.4368831
Israel, Herzelia +49.899.932.0192
India, Bangalore +91.80.401.88823
India, Hyderabad +91.40.40.331016
India, Nodia +91.80.401.88823
Taiwan, Taipei +886.2.3725.5705
Taiwan, Hsinchu +886.3.558.1800
Japan, Tokyo +81.3.5746.1339
Japan, Osaka +81.3.5746.1339
Singapore, Singapore +65.6393.7140
South Korea, Seoul +82.2.3404.2701
-------------------------------------
Cary Chin
Director, Technical Marketing
Low Power Solutions, Synopsys, Inc.
+1 650 584 4217 cary@synopsys.com

								
To top