THE CSEPEL ISLAND • The Csepel Island and its neighbourhood waits for the explorers with many miracles of nature. • This fertile land has already been inhabited since the earliest times. The lands suitable for cultivation and the rich pastures were the most important factors for the settlers. This land was chosen as a summer home by Arpád, the conqueror himself. Even later it remained to be a princely land, the fashionable hunting area and summer resort of royal families. Here the Transdanubian hills and rich vegetation of the Hungarian northern mountains meet the special vegetation of the Alföld plain. Here tames down the Danube and becomes a dignified Alföld river which spreads its deposit. • The life of the settlements along the Kis Duna and on the Csepel Island has always been strongly influenced by the closeness of the river. The water of the Danube nourished the fertile pastures, the rank forests on the river bank and the marsh rich in wild flora and fauna. The inhabitants still exploit the facilities provided by the water. Many pumps line up on both banks of the river providing the water supply. Boats of anglers and toutists sail among the reed-islend and on the stagnant water. SZIGETCSÉP • Szigetcsép is a village withh 2400 inhabitants in Pest county, in the middle of Csepel island, on the band of Danube at Ráckeve, to south 30 km far from the main city. We can reach the city easily on the road connecting Tököl and Ráckeve, or on railway between Budapest and Ráckeve. • The village is ment written at first in 1283 as „ Chepteluk”. The settlement ruined under the turkish rule, in the first half of the 18th century arrived Serb and German settlers. The Germans came from Nürnberg and Württemberg, they acclimatized the vine growing in this land. The inhabitants of Szigetcsép had to move away several times because of the overflows of Danube. Because of the repetitive floods occupied the Serbs in the 1760’s their present-day territory of the settlement, and they built up their church in plait-style, which tower was ready in 1828. The Germans started to build their church in baroque-style in 1755. • Its tower was buit in 1857 and its nave was lengthened at this time. After the flood in 1838 occupied the village its presentday position. After the compromise of 1867 the developement had an effect also in Szigetcsép. Building of dams started, credit union was founded, kindergarten and schools were built. After the World War II. Evolved the present-day gentilitial compound of the population, due to the population changes. After 1945 started the configuration of the public services and the institute network of the village. In the boundary was settled the farmland of the University of Horticulture which deals with pomology and vine growing. The new school and the village hall was built in the 80-90’s. The reformed church was consecrated in 2000. In the garden of the Roman Catholic church were built the roproductions of the most famous christian pilgrim places in the last few years. The floods of the Danube formed a branch, excellent fish-pounds and holidays resort were buit here. Our School • COMMON ADMINISTRATED EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE • As it seems from its name, it is about more institute, common administrated. • The kindergarten open from 6 am to 5 pm, for 96 children. The deelopment of them are in 3 groups. Even in the kindergarten starts the teaching of dance and languages, the guard of the nationality traditions, because in our village by the hungarians live german (40%) and serbian (25%) rezidents. • The elementary school operates with 162 student, 8 class. They learn here from their age 6 to 14. In the morning, they learn the subjects which are not necesserily part of the educational system, but part of the universal literacy, such as dance, where they learn by the hungarian dances serbian and german dances too, or the language classes, where they can choose german or serbian language, in the first grade yet. Theys also learn computer sciences, whiches education begins in the third grade. • The art school operates with 92 student, by visual, with music and dance departments. On the visual department, can choose from drwaing, painting, ceramics, fire enamel and graphics the students interested by. On music department, they can learn play the piano, guitar, drums, flute, trumpet the students, who show interest in music. And on the dance department operates with three groups. There are three groups for the childs, one is for between the ages 6-9, other for between the ages 10-13, and finally between the ages 10-14 together with the adults. • Conformitly with our traditions, the guard and foster of the nationality traditions is an important mission in all of our departments.