Auditors Management Letter

Document Sample
Auditors Management Letter Powered By Docstoc
					                                                                          NADCAP Action Items


No.            Date  Item Description                                      Complete    Group       Item Owner
              Logged                                           Due Date                Owner                      Status          Comments / Concerns                P
                                                                             Date
NMC-16        04/17/02 Establish a zero tolerance policy        3/3/03                PRI Staff   Heather Meyer   1/15/03   See NMC-12. New date for draft is
                       regarding interaction between                                                                        8/31/02. expand to include supplier
                       suppliers and                                                                                        abuse of staff. Will initiate
                       auditors...Management Council to                                                                     discussion at NMC Steering
                       create a policy regarding verbal                                                                     meeting on 1/20/03. NOP to be
                       abuse of auditors by suppliers                                                                       drafted. Contract Wording (with
                                                                                                                            Suppliers) implemented via
                                                                                                                            eAuditNet.
NMC-20        07/24/02 AQS task group to gather best           4/13/03                TG-AQS      Chris                     Draft letter to suppliers on what to
                       practices from Prime Contractors,                                          Diepenbrock               do if have suspected escape was
                       create guidelines to assist suppliers                                                                reviewed in AQS meeting in April
                       if a product impact NCR was                                                                          2003.
                       discovered in an audit
NMC-24        11/04/02 Arshad Hafeez working on draft of        2/7/03                PRI-Staff   Arshad Hafeez             To be completed by 3/7/03
                       executive summary results of
                       Issues and Solutions
NMC-26        12/02/02 The issue of participation in the        3/3/03                 TG-HT      HT Task                   Auditor hiring has been so
                       program of specialized auditors is to                                      Group/ John               successful that this issue has
                       be discussed at the January                                                Gourley                   disappeared
                       Planning and Operation meeting in
                       Tempe, AZ
NMC-31        01/13/03 Each NMC member to go back to            2/7/03                 NMC        John Barrett
                       their own task group members to
                       solicit participation in "Base-Line
                       Team"
NMC-32        01/13/03 CP to look at other task groups to       3/3/03                 TG-CP      Mike Davis                The action was completed during
                       bench mark process and discuss                                                                       the Jan. meeting. The end result is
                       findings at Planning and Ops                                                                         that the staff reports are more
                       meeting at Jan. NADCAP meeting.                                                                      detailed, and has been resolved
                       Report to the NMC.                                                                                   through eAuditNet. The task group
                                                                                                                            is on par with HT and NDT.
NMC-33        01/20/03 TG chairs to hold teleconference to     2/28/03                 TG-All     Task Group      On Hold   Arne Logan to contact Mike
                       determine benefits of holding a best                                       Chairs                    Spencer. I don't know what this is
                       practices chairperson lunch at                                                                       all about. Doesn't NMC-43 take
                       future meetings. See NMC-43                                                                          care of the issue?
NMC-34        01/20/03 Early Bird procedure to be held until   2/28/03                PRI-Staff   Heather Meyer             Re-Balloted with Failure and
                       Failure Policy is approved at the                                                                    Escape Reporting NOPs
                       end of February

      OPEN items - no shading or color                                                                                                    Revised as of: 12/11/03
                                                                                                                                                           1 of 15
                                                                          NADCAP Action Items


No.            Date  Item Description                                      Complete      Group        Item Owner
              Logged                                           Due Date                  Owner                       Status         Comments / Concerns                   P
                                                                             Date
NMC-37        01/20/03 Ethics committee to be created to       2/14/03                    NMC        Mike Spencer,            On going (Committee is operating,
                       conduct independent investigations                                            John Barrett,            worked our first issue in
                       outside of NADCAP/PRI staff                                                   (Arne Logan)             February/March, Publizising
                       regarding harassment issues and                                                                        creation in work)
                       publicize the creation of the
                       committee
NMC-39        01/20/03 TG Chairs to discuss NMC Liaison        4/14/03      3/7/03       TG-All      Task Group               draft being circulated for approval.
                       role and define what the role of that                                         Chairs
                       Liaison is to be at TG Chair telecon

NMC-43        01/22/03 TG chairs under the guidance of         2/28/03                               TG Chairs,               Mike Spencer to draft letter to chairs
                       Heather Meyer to have                                                         Heather Meyer            before conference is set up (Letter
                       teleconference on how to share best                                                                    Drafted and sent out under
                       practices                                                                                              Arne's signature 4/7/03)
NMC-47        01/22/03 NMC to draft procedure regarding        4/13/03                    NMC        Heather Meyer            Overview of draft to be presented at
                       auditor refusal by supplier                                                                            April 2003 NMC Meeting -
                                                                                                                              Forwared to NMC Voting
                                                                                                                              Members for review (and
                                                                                                                              eventual approval at NMC in July)

NMC-48        01/22/03 Approval of documents procedure         3/3/2003                              Arshad Hafeez
                       to be evaluated and streamlined          3/20/03
                       (SAE approval of standards and
                       checklists)
NMC-53        01/22/03 Action Item list to have tracking        3/3/03                  PRI Staff    Louise                   On hold
                       system similar to eAuditStaff. PRI to                                         Stefanakis
                       look into
NMC-55        01/22/03 Action item list to be proceduralized   4/13/03                    NMC        Gayle Roland,
                       as an NIP                                                                     Heather Meyer

NMC-57        01/28/03 Get definitions for specific            2/15/03                Failure Policy Task Group               waiting for 59
                       requirements (Excesive finding,                                    Team       Chairs, Staff
                       severity of finding, number of                                                Engineers
                       rounds to close NCRs and number
                       of missed deadlines)




      OPEN items - no shading or color                                                                                                         Revised as of: 12/11/03
                                                                                                                                                                2 of 15
                                                                           NADCAP Action Items


No.            Date  Item Description                                       Complete      Group        Item Owner
              Logged                                            Due Date                  Owner                         Status        Comments / Concerns                P
                                                                              Date
NMC-58        01/28/03 Review / revise "Early Bird NOP"         2/21/03                Failure Policy Heather Meyer              Waiting for 56 and 57? Heather to
                       and "Merit NOP", make it aligned                                    Team                                  advise. Early Bird Procedure
                       with "Audit Failure Policy NOP"                                                                           balloted I wth Failure/Escape
                                                                                                                                 NOP, finalization of Failure and
                                                                                                                                 Merit NOP will be re-balloted or
                                                                                                                                 finalized.
NMC-59        01/28/03 Finalize Failure Policy NOP              2/28/03                Failure Policy Heather                    Balloted to NMC and comments
                                                                                           Team       Meyer, Mark                to be resolved at April NMC
                                                                                                      Aubele, Failure            Meeting
                                                                                                      Policy Team




NMC-61        01/28/03 Publicize - send letters to suppliers    3/14/03                Failure Policy Heather                    Waiting for 59. Asked for
                       regarding audit failure policy                                      Team       Meyer, Arshad              inclusion on the SSC Agenda for
                                                                                                      Hafeez                     April 2003 Meeting.

NMC-62        01/28/03 Implement Failure Policy after XX          TBD                  Failure Policy
                       months                                                              Team
NMC-64        01/28/03 Escape Data Collection Process -         2/15/03                Failure Policy Heather
                       Finalize definitions - seek draft from                              Team       Meyer, Lloyd
                       Lloyd                                                                          Barker
NMC-65        01/28/03 Escape Data Collection Process -         2/28/03                Failure Policy Louise                     AeroEscapes.com developed for
                       develop data collection and analysis                                Team       Stefanakis                 collection and reporting.
                       tool
NMC-66        01/28/03 Escape Data Collection Process -           TBD                  Failure Policy Lloyd Barker,
                       Supplier Participation (ID suppliers                                Team       Arshad Hafeez
                       who will give input to pilot, brief
                       suppliers and demo tool)

NMC-67        01/28/03 Escape Data Collection Process -           TBD                  Failure Policy
                       initiate Beta Test                                                  Team
NMC-68        01/28/03 Escape Data Collection Process -           TBD                  Failure Policy
                       initiate Pilot                                                      Team
NMC-70        02/05/03 Proposal to each TG: add the audit-        April                Escape Data Heather Meyer
                       checklists for verification of RCCA      NADCAP                     Team
                       related to escapes                       Meeting


      OPEN items - no shading or color                                                                                                        Revised as of: 12/11/03
                                                                                                                                                               3 of 15
                                                                         NADCAP Action Items


No.            Date  Item Description                                     Complete     Group        Item Owner
              Logged                                          Due Date                 Owner                       Status         Comments / Concerns               P
                                                                            Date
NMC-71        02/05/03 Each one of us take this proposal to   2/15/03                Escape Data
                       our organization to get feedback                                 Team

NMC-75        02/05/03 Publicize with "failure policy"                               Escape Data Arshad Hafeez
                                                                                        Team
NMC-76        02/05/03 Make changes to the contract                                  Escape Data Arshad Hafeez
                       language                                                         Team
NMC-77        02/05/03 Implement with "failure policy"         6/1/03                Escape Data
                                                                                        Team
NMC-78        04/07/03 Status to be provided regarding                                  Prime      Heather Meyer            NMC, NESPB, MTL, CP, CT still
                       Prime Participation and Task Group                            Participation                          need to provide job descriptions
                       job descriptions
NMC-79        04/07/03 Reminder notice to be sent to MTL,                               Prime      Heather Meyer            MTL to determine commitment date
                       CP, CT to complete task group job                             Participation                          on Monday, 07/21/03.
                       descriptions
NMC-80        04/15/03 PRI to put time table together and                             PRI Staff
                       send out letter on name change
                       from NADCAP to Nadcap
NMC-81        04/15/03 Enhancement list to eAuditNet to be                            PRI Staff    Louise
                       made available on the web.                                                  Stefanakis
NMC-82        04/15/03 NDT task group proposes to                                     NDT Task
                       discuss RCCA on every missed                                    Group
                       reaccreditation – Why did we miss
                       it? Dialogue to be held through
                       teleconference.
NMC-83        04/15/03 More time is to be added on the
                       next NMC agenda to discuss task
                       group metrics.
NMC-85        04/15/03 Arne Logan to send the SSC NOP          7/18/03     7/9/03                  Arne Logan               distributed to NMC by PRI with ECD
                       to NMC for review and comment. All                                                                   for comments by 7/18/03.
                       comments due by 4/22/03.

NMC-86        04/15/03 NMC to review survey and provide                                 NMC
                       comments within a 3 week time
                       frame.
NMC-87        04/15/03 Sub-team to be created to work on                                NMC
                       process effectiveness issue.


      OPEN items - no shading or color                                                                                                   Revised as of: 12/11/03
                                                                                                                                                          4 of 15
                                                                         NADCAP Action Items


No.            Date  Item Description                                     Complete    Group      Item Owner
              Logged                                          Due Date                Owner                      Status   Comments / Concerns              P
                                                                            Date
NMC-88        04/16/03 Teleconference to be set up for 1                              NMC
                       hour to brainstorm issues
NMC-89        04/16/03 Address issues of conflict between                            NMC, PRI
                       NMC and PRI regarding                                           Staff
                       presentations to the Board
NMC-90        07/21/03 Ethics Committee (John Barrett,        7/23/2003               NMC       John Barrett,
                         Arne Logan, Mike Spencer) to                                           Arne Logan,
                         meet and discuss strategy before                                       Mike Spencer
                         the Nadcap Management
                         Council Meeting to be held on
                         Wednesday, July 23, 2003.

NMC-91        07/21/03 Carl Van Acker to draft a chart to                                       Carl Van Acker
                       show the audit process for
                       suppliers
NMC-92        07/21/03 This issue of assignment of                                    NMC
                       accreditation dates is to be
                       discussed in more detail at a
                       later date due to time constraints
                       at this meeting.
NMC-93        07/21/03                                                                NMC
                       issue of the definition of a
                       satellite site is to be discussed in
                       more detail at a later date due to
                       time constraints at this meeting.
NMC-94        07/21/03 NMC to populate document                                       NMC
                       distributed by PRI (see July
                       meeting minutes for copy of
                       document)
NMC-95        07/21/03 Arne Logan to set up WebEx                                     NMC       Arne Logan
                       meeting to discuss document.
                       (see action item above)
NMC-96        07/23/03 Sandy Postel to forward FAA                                              Sandy Postel
                       Safer Skies information to
                       Nadcap Management voting
                       members.

      OPEN items - no shading or color                                                                                          Revised as of: 12/11/03
                                                                                                                                                 5 of 15
                                                                        NADCAP Action Items


No.            Date  Item Description                                    Complete    Group       Item Owner
              Logged                                         Due Date                Owner                      Status         Comments / Concerns                P
                                                                           Date
NMC-97        07/23/03 Nadcap Management Council to                                   NMC
                       Approve Auditor Failure the
                       Policy, Add the policy to the
                       existing NIP-006, Add as a line
                       item for auditor refusal in NIP-
                       001, Add as a line item revision
                       of AS7003(Rev. C)
NMC-98        07/23/03 Mike Spencer, John Barrett, and                                NMC       Mike Spencer,
                       Arne Logan to present a plan of                                          John Barrett,
                       action regarding the Ethics                                              Arne Logan
                       Committee to the NMC at the
                       October 2003 Nadcap Meeting

NMC-99        07/23/03 NDT and Coatings will be the                                 TG - NDT,
                       first task groups to pilot baseline                             CT
                       audit criteria.
NMC-100       07/23/03 NDT and Coatings to report                                   TG - NDT,
                       status of baseline pilot at the                                 CT
                       October 2003 Nadcap meeting.

NMC-102       10/20/03 SSC to qualify survey results for                              SSC
                       question 14.(redundant audits)
NMC-103       10/20/03 Primes to go back to their                                    Primes                              Each prime to report out.
                       organizations to determine what
                       their organizations are doing in
                       regards to question 14(redundant
                       audits) of SSC Survey.
NMC-104       10/20/03 SSC to create sub-team to further                              SSC
                       investigate results and gather more
                       info. Regarding question 22 (spec
                       flowdown from Primes) of SSC
                       Survey.
NMC-105       10/20/03 PRI to look at comments regarding                            PRI Staff
                       question 25 (SE communication
                       ability) in SSC survey to determine
                       if action is needed.


      OPEN items - no shading or color                                                                                                 Revised as of: 12/11/03
                                                                                                                                                        6 of 15
                                                                        NADCAP Action Items


No.            Date  Item Description                                    Complete   Group      Item Owner
              Logged                                         Due Date               Owner                     Status         Comments / Concerns                P
                                                                           Date
NMC-106       10/20/03 SSC to create sub-team to further                             SSC
                       investigate results and report
                       findings regarding question 34
                       (reprisal issue) in SSC Survey.

NMC-107       10/20/03 NMC to create sub-team to work                               NMC       Arshad
                       issue of Prime Audits and prepare                                      Hafeez, Jim
                       communication plan internal to                                         Borczyk, Mike
                       Primes. Analyze data out of 102 &                                      Spencer,
                       103, determine action plan required                                    Mehmet
                       and develop communication plan.                                        Doner, Jay
                                                                                              Park, David
                                                                                              Soong
NMC-109       10/20/03 Add contact information for Ethics                           NMC       Lisa Glavan              email box being created,
                       Committee to Code of Ethics in                                                                  NadcapEthics@sae.org. Once set
                       User's guide & website                                                                          up is complete it will be added to
                                                                                                                       attendees guide & website
NMC-111       10/20/03 Add Ethics Committee process to                              NMC       Heather
                       NOP-001 and attendees guide as                                         Meyer, Lisa
                       ad hoc committee                                                       Glavan
NMC-116       10/20/03 TG's to be told to stop working on                           NMC       Heather Meyer            Performance issues to be worked
                       Ethics issues and elevate issues to                                                             through proper channels
                       Ethics Committee
NMC-117       10/20/03 Auditor contract to be modified to                           NMC       Heather Meyer            "Protection of data", Nadcap auditor
                       specifically address issue of Prime                                                             first
                       Auditors
NMC-118       10/20/03 Issue of Language to be worked by                            NMC       Julio Perez,
                       NMC and then taken to NESPB for                                        John Barrett,
                       NESPB flowdown. Julio Perez, John                                      Chris
                       Barrett, Chris Diepenbrock and Don                                     Diepenbrock,
                       Buehler to work on proposal to be                                      Don Buehler
                       given to NESPB. See 119

NMC-119       10/20/03 NMC to explain to TG's to be                                 NMC
                       considerate of European & Asian
                       suppliers. Speak clearly and slowly
                       when communicating. Include in
                       scope of 118

      OPEN items - no shading or color                                                                                               Revised as of: 12/11/03
                                                                                                                                                      7 of 15
                                                                          NADCAP Action Items


No.            Date  Item Description                                      Complete   Group        Item Owner
              Logged                                           Due Date               Owner                       Status         Comments / Concerns                P
                                                                             Date
NMC-120       10/20/03 Don Buehler to add column to new                               PRI Staff   Don Buehler
                       projects spreadsheet to indicate if
                       projects are internal or external to
                       PRI. Add column for Priority to
                       project spreadsheet
NMC-122       10/20/03 NMC to determine sunset criteria for                            NMC        Arne Logan
                       New Projects Initiative.
NMC-123       10/20/03 Task group report out chart                                     TG-All     Arne Logan
                       (3square) accepted by NMC and to
                       be used by all task groups moving
                       forward, frequency of report to be
                       qtrly. Charts to be sent to NMC 2
                       weeks prior to Nadcap meeting as
                       report out will be by exception.

NMC-124       10/20/03 John Barrett & Ed Englehard to                                  NMC        John Barrett,            NMC chose not to charter team at
                       write charter (regarding Supplier                                          Ed Englehard             this time due to other activities.
                       Merit) to be added to New Project                                                                   Chartered at Steering, declined at
                       Initiative. Charter to be written and                                                               P&O. Put up for ballot at next
                       added as a topic at the P&O                                                                         Steering meeting.
                       meeting (for the Oct. 03 meeting)
NMC-125       10/20/03 PRI to review balloting procedure                              PRI Staff   Heather Meyer            training or overview of the
                       and report out at Jan. 04 meeting                                                                   procedure.
P&O-5         01/22/02 Monitor the status of the supplier      4/16/03                            Laura Fisher             Action to be followed up by Laura
                       interim self audit for merit status                                                                 Fisher
P&O-6         01/22/02 Issue regular newsletter from Task      4/16/03                 TG-All     Task Group               MTL has voted not to do a
                       Groups, use NDT communique as                                              Chairs                   newletter.
                       example
P&O-15        07/22/02 AQS task group to decide what is        10/25/02     ongoing   TG-AQS      Chris                    This is the I&S Quality Systems
                       bare minimum quality systems                                               Diepenbrock              Team item. Communique from
                       questions and present to task                                                                       Chris and Heather to the chairs. Still
                       groups. (1. Poll Primes, 2. AQS                                                                     ongoing.
                       recommendation, 3. Meet with task
                       groups about recommendation, 4.
                       Come up with a plan)




      OPEN items - no shading or color                                                                                                   Revised as of: 12/11/03
                                                                                                                                                          8 of 15
                                                                           NADCAP Action Items


No.            Date  Item Description                                       Complete   Group      Item Owner
              Logged                                            Due Date               Owner                    Status         Comments / Concerns                 P
                                                                              Date
P&O-21        01/19/03 Chris Diepenbrock to give update                                          Chris
                       on status of NMC-20 action item                                           Diepenbrock             Chris to provide status. Draft letter
                                                                                                                         to suppliers on what to do if have
                                                                                                                         suspected escape was reviewed in
                                                                1/20/03                                                  AQS meeting in April 2003.
P&O-22        01/19/03 Chris Diepenbrock to continue with                              TG-AQS    Chris
                       follow up of QS group from I&S                                            Diepenbrock
                       workshop                                                                                          Chris to provide status
P&O-26        01/19/03 NMC to determine if there is a need       7/28/03                         Arne Logan
                       for multiple accreditations re:                                                                   Arne Logan to send note for
                       composites                                                                                        feedback. request sent to the NMC
                                                                                                                         on April 4 with April 11 response.

P&O-27        01/19/03 TG's to work together to come up                                          TG-CP; TG-
                       with Composites audit criteria and                                        NDT; TG-MTL;            MTL ballot to occur following July
                       auditor criteria                                                                                  2003 Nadcap meeting
P&O-29        01/19/03 TG's to define what resource needs                                        TG-All                  MTL task group to discuss and
                       are at meetings and between the                                                                   determine commitment date on
                       meetings                                                                                          Monday, July 21, 2003
P&O-30        01/19/03 Team to be formed and come up                                             Phil Keown
                       with proposal regarding delegation
                       process. This is to be revisited after
                       looking at Prime Participation Metric

P&O-32        01/19/03 CP best practices for systemic                                  TG-CP     Mike Davis
                       NCR's to be agenda item for April
                       P&O meeting
P&O-33        01/19/03 TG's to consider HT best practices                              TG-All    TG-All
                       of requiring RCCA training for
                       suppliers
P&O-35        04/14/03 AQS to come up with proposal and                                 AQS
                         give to task groups and SSC for
                         reflection. AQS to look at what was
                         presented at the July 2002 meeting
                         in Derby to see if there are
                         differences from the work statement
                         that was presented. AQS to then
                         give its recommendation.
      OPEN items - no shading or color                                                                                                  Revised as of: 12/11/03
                                                                                                                                                         9 of 15
                                                                           NADCAP Action Items


No.            Date  Item Description                                       Complete    Group       Item Owner
              Logged                                            Due Date                Owner                      Status   Comments / Concerns              P
                                                                              Date
P&O-36        04/14/03                                                                             Jay Park,
                         Jay Park to work with Heather                                             Heather Meyer
                         Meyer regarding Prime Participation
P&O-37        04/14/03   List of enhancements to eAuditNet                                         Louise
                         (bug log) to be communicated                                              Stefanakis
P&O-38        04/14/03   Discussion of new operational                                   NMC
                         metrics to be continued on NMC
                         Steering Committee teleconference
P&O-39        04/14/03   Sub-team to be created consisting of                            NMC
                         PRI, Suppliers, and Primes to
                         review the metrics system for
                         effectiveness
P&O-40        07/21/03   AQS task group to provide                                     TG - AQS
                         plan/proposal for looking at task
                         group issues for October
                         meeting
P&O-41        07/21/03   AQS to work in conjunction with                               TG - AQS
                         Baseline team on minimum
                         requirement issue
P&O-42        07/21/03   Each task group is to prepare                                  TG-All
                         baseline audit criteria by the
                         October meeting.
P&O-43        07/21/03   The Coatings and NDT task                                     TG - NDT,
                         groups will be the two task                                      CT
                         groups to pilot the baseline.
P&O-44        07/21/03   Slide #3 task groups to                                        TG-All
                         determine if dates are
                         acceptable (See planning and
                         ops meeting July 2003 meeting
                         minutes for presentation
                         attachment)
P&O-45        07/21/03
                         The audit extension agenda item
                         is to be discussed after the
                         Nadcap meeting on a conference
                         call. PRI to set up call.
      OPEN items - no shading or color                                                                                            Revised as of: 12/11/03
                                                                                                                                                  10 of 15
                                                                           NADCAP Action Items


No.            Date  Item Description                                       Complete     Group          Item Owner
              Logged                                            Due Date                 Owner                           Status           Comments / Concerns                 P
                                                                              Date
P&O-46        10/20/03 NMC to look at MOS line items                                      NMC
                       before finalizing new metrics
P&O-47        10/20/03 sub-team to be formed to look at                                   NMC          Jim Doherty,                 waiting for team leader to come
                       "Cause & Effect" analysis                                                       Phil Keown,                  forward
                                                                                                       Chris
                                                                                                       Diepenbrock,
                                                                                                       Carl Van Acker

P&O-50        10/20/03 AQS to work with TG's to                                         TG-AQS         Chris
                         develop schedule to revise                                                    Diepenbrock
                         checklists in regards to
                         redundant QS questions
P&O-51        10/20/03   TG's to review failure criteria one                              TG-All                                    To be published on Wed. Nov. 5,
                         last time, & if no input is received                                                                       2003. Effective date to be
                         by Fri. Oct. 24, 2003 process will                                                                         determined. PRI to review and
                         move forward                                                                                               make decision.
P&O-52        10/20/03   Carl Van Acker to be added to                                  PRI Staff      Jim Lewis,
                         Baseline Charter Team                                                         Nigel Cook
P&O-53        10/20/03   Issue of SE delegation to be                                     NMC                                       Will complete after receive info from
                         talked about off-line at Steering                                                                          action P&O-55
                         meeting on Wed. Oct. 22
P&O-54        10/20/03   NMC to determine what is to be                                   NMC
                         done with delegation information
                         provided before Jan. 2004
                         Nadcap meeting
P&O-55        10/20/03   TG's exceeding 10% review to                                     TG-All                                    Arne to send note to TG chairs as
                         give reasons to NMC on why                                                                                 reminder
                         going above 10% delegated
                         review by 10/31/03
P&O-56        10/20/03   NIP-018 to be converted into an                                  NMC
                         NOP
I&S-1         10/23/02 Job description / duties and             Jan. 03                   Prime                          TG-All     Develop words, NADCAP
                       responsibilities                                                Participation                                Representative, Task Group, NMC,
                                                                                                                                    NESPB
I&S-2         10/23/02 Supply job descriptions to members        Apr. 03                  Prime      Heather Meyer      PRI Staff   distribute draft for final approval by
                       via web                                                         Participation                                March 03 and final wording by Apr.
                                                                                                                                    03.
      OPEN items - no shading or color                                                                                                             Revised as of: 12/11/03
                                                                                                                                                                   11 of 15
                                                                             NADCAP Action Items


No.            Date  Item Description                                         Complete     Group         Item Owner
              Logged                                           Due Date                    Owner                         Status       Comments / Concerns              P
                                                                                Date
I&S-3         10/23/02 Include job descriptions in              Sept. 03                    Prime                        Primes
                       Management Charter as                                             Participation
                       appropriate
I&S-4         10/23/02 Proceduralized - determine where it      Oct. 03                     Prime                        Primes
                       goes, what goes in -                                              Participation
I&S-5         10/23/02 Share lessons learned via website,       Jan. 03                     Prime      Heather Meyer    PRI Staff
                       share all meeting agendas (dinner,                                Participation
                       receptions, etc.
I&S-6         10/23/02 Budget - determine resource needs        Jan. 03                     Prime      Heather Meyer    PRI Staff
                       at "all levels" - Task group, NMC,                                Participation
                       NESPB (minimum 1 for each)

I&S-7         10/23/02 Incorporate into individual (Prime)     Per Prime                    Prime                         Prime
                       Budget process - Prime Specific          Budget                   Participation                   Specific
                       Representative - Management             Cycle, Oct.                                             Representati
                       approval - individual Prime                03 at                                                ve (P.O.C.)
                                                                 lateset
I&S-8         10/23/02 Modify 7003 - Clarify / definition       Apr. 03                     Prime      Heather Meyer PRI Staff,
                       between meeting activities /                                      Participation               Task Group
                       responsibilities (reference "what                                                               Chairs
                       happens")
I&S-9         10/23/02 Incorporate definition of in-between     Jan. 03                     Prime      Heather Meyer    PRI Staff
                       business in "Orientation", Resource                               Participation
                       allocation (see corner stone chart)


I&S-10        10/23/02 Determine what is "fully supported" -    Jan. 03                     Prime      Heather Meyer      Staff
                       delegated vs. non-delegated staff                                 Participation                 Engineers,
                       engineer - how do you quantify                                                                  Task Group
                       "fully supported"? - Resource                                                                     Chair
                       allocation from Prime (See corner
                       stone chart)
I&S-11        10/23/02 Incorporate into 7003 - Special          Apr. 03                     Prime      Heather Meyer    PRI Staff
                       Circumstances                                                     Participation
I&S-12        10/23/02 Incorporate into Prime Procedures        Oct. 03                     Prime                         Prime
                                                                                         Participation                   Specific




      OPEN items - no shading or color                                                                                                      Revised as of: 12/11/03
                                                                                                                                                            12 of 15
                                                                        NADCAP Action Items


No.            Date  Item Description                                    Complete     Group       Item Owner
              Logged                                       Due Date                   Owner                         Status     Comments / Concerns              P
                                                                           Date
I&S-13        10/23/02 Management Presentation -            11/7/02                    Prime      Arshad Hafeez    PRI Staff
                       Overview - Awareness - Prepare                               Participation
                       presentation
I&S-14        10/23/02 Determine length of Management        Done                      Prime                      Break out
                       presentation                                                 Participation                   group
I&S-15        10/23/02 Define objective of Management        Done                      Prime                      Break out
                       presentation                                                 Participation                   group
I&S-16        10/23/02 Determine audience of                3/31/03                    Prime      Arshad Hafeez   PRI Staff,
                       management presentation and who                              Participation                   NMC
                       presents - Detailed documentation
                       of NADCAP process, tie in
                       misconceptions, business case
                       (cost benefit analysis), (Womb to
                       tomb), flowchart, example case
                       studies, example "negative" case
                       study, industry managed process,
                       resource allocation, man-hour
                       expectations, management attend
                       NADCAP meeting.

I&S-17        10/23/02 Pilot presentation at PRI Board      12/9/02                    Prime      Arshad Hafeez    PRI
                       meeting                                                      Participation               mangement
I&S-18        10/23/02 Send draft presentation to B/O       11/25/02                   Prime      Heather Meyer PRI Staff
                       group for review                                             Participation
I&S-19        10/23/02 Identify minimum quality standard    1/31/03                   Quality                     NMC
                       (AS9003?)                                                     Systems
I&S-20        10/23/02 Communicate minimum quality          1/31/03                   Quality                     NMC
                       standard to task group                                        Systems
I&S-21        10/23/02 Decide where minimum quality         1/31/03                   Quality                     NMC
                       standard is applicable and where                              Systems
                       not applicable
I&S-22        10/23/02 Define related quality system        Begin in                  Quality                       TG-All,
                       requirements to task group             Feb.                   Systems                      TG-AQS as
                       standards & checklist               completion                                              resource
                                                             by July
                                                              2003
I&S-23        10/23/02 Redefine AQS role - interpretive     4/30/03                   Quality                       NMC
                       body vs. governing body                                       Systems

      OPEN items - no shading or color                                                                                               Revised as of: 12/11/03
                                                                                                                                                     13 of 15
                                                                              NADCAP Action Items


No.            Date  Item Description                                          Complete      Group       Item Owner
              Logged                                            Due Date                     Owner                       Status           Comments / Concerns                P
                                                                                 Date
I&S-24        10/23/02 Ballot & approve checklist /            start ballot                  Quality                   TG-All, NMC
                       standard                                 process                     Systems
                                                                Aug. 03,
                                                               completion
                                                               by Oct. 03.
I&S-25        10/23/02 Develop implementation / training        10/31/03                     Quality                     TG-All
                       plan                                                                 Systems
I&S-26        10/23/02 Implement minimum quality                 1/31/04                     Quality                     Arshad
                       standard                                                             Systems                      Hafeez
I&S-27        10/23/02 Schedule and provide auditor             10/31/03                     Quality                     Wendy
                       training                                                             Systems                      Grubbs
I&S-28        10/23/02 Identify training resource (trainers)     7/31/03                     Quality                     Wendy
                                                                                            Systems                      Grubbs
I&S-29        10/23/02 Create training / content                 7/31/03                     Quality                     TG-All,
                                                                                            Systems                      Wendy
                                                                                                                         Grubbs
I&S-30        10/23/02 Identify minimum criteria for              start in                   Quality                   TG-All, NMC
                       auditors (auditing skills) - assign       Oct/Nov                    Systems
                       team and members                         2002 and
                                                                complete
                                                                 by Jan.
                                                                   2003
I&S-31        10/23/02 Establish ongoing independent           start in Jan.                 Quality                     TG-All,
                       evaluation process                       2003 and                    Systems                      Wendy
                                                                complete                                                 Grubbs
                                                                 by July
                                                                   2003

I&S-33        10/23/02 Strawman purpose finished,               11/15/02                  Failure Policy Chet Date     Waiting for Audit Failure: NOP written and
                       reviewed, & defined                                                    Team                      TGs to     waiting for TGs to define specific
                                                                                                                       define TG criteria
                                                                                                                        specific
                                                                                                                        criteria
I&S-34        10/23/02 Develop Failure policy (NOP)              1/20/03                  Failure Policy Mark Aubele
                       format review, incorporate / change                                    Team
                       existing policy / legal review




      OPEN items - no shading or color                                                                                                            Revised as of: 12/11/03
                                                                                                                                                                  14 of 15
                                                                          NADCAP Action Items


No.            Date  Item Description                                      Complete      Group       Item Owner
              Logged                                           Due Date                  Owner                      Status          Comments / Concerns                P
                                                                             Date
I&S-36        10/23/02 Communicate / educate plan &             2/7/03                Failure Policy Chet Date     PRI Staff   Waiting for NOPs to get approved
                       materials , task group/NMC,
                       suppliers, Primes - Failure policy
I&S-37        10/23/02 Implementation of failure plan -        2/28/03                Failure Policy Chet Date      TG-All     Waiting for NOPs to get approved
                       action plan by task groups                                         Team
I&S-38        10/23/02 Measure effectiveness of new            2/28/03                Failure Policy Chet Date      TG-All     Postponed
                       failure plan by task groups , develop                              Team
                       measures, track
I&S-39        10/23/02 Ongoing evaluation of failure plan      Ongoing                Failure Policy Chet Date    TG-All, NMC Postponed
                                                                                          Team




      OPEN items - no shading or color                                                                                                      Revised as of: 12/11/03
                                                                                                                                                            15 of 15

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Description: Auditors Management Letter document sample