DIPLOMA IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
CALC FINAL EXAMINATION
PAPER - I
[Paper Code: 1-02-2007]
TIME: 2 Hrs. Max. Marks: 100
Name of Student ...........................................................................................................
Registration No. .................... …………..Father's Name ..............................................
Seal of Center ................... Examiner's Signature with name &Date………….. ............
Date of Examination .............. Name & Signature of Evaluator ............Marks obtained
1. All questions are compulsory. Marks of each question are given against
2. The question paper are to be solved on the question paper o nly.
Question 1. FILL IN THE BLANKS 40
1. DRAM stands for ______________________
2. Data is a collection of__________________.
3. Hard disk is a group of ______________ storage.
4. Mouse is ____________ device.
5. _______________ are the store houses of information.
6. Input interface converts the instruction and date in computer _______ from.
7. Windows 98 is enhance version of windows_________ .
8. _______________ of windows is same as Directory of DOS.
9. ___________________ is middle Level Language
10. Conversion of analog signal to digital signal is known as ________
11. Pressing _______ keys together undo the modification made to document.
12. You can _________ a field so that it always remains on the screen.
13. MICR stands for ___________________
14. Database is a combination of ________, ______, ______ & ______
15. ________________________ is volatile Memory.
16. A floppy disk of 360 KB contains ___________bytes.
17. ____________ key activates the menu.
18. File name extension of Paintbrush is _______________
19. ______________ is called the father of computer,
20. CTRL U command is used for __________________.
Q2. TRUE or FALSE 20
1. Data & information are the same,
2. A dot matrix printer can print any shape of character through software.
3. The address of the last cell in a worksheet is 265
4. The VDU is the standard output unit for all UNIX command.
5. Modem can only be used with analog signal.
6. ^Z is used for UNDO the command..
7. An object, such as a Paintbrush picture and work document can be inserted. in a
8. The INT() function can be used to round off a number to hundred.
9. The term portrait is used to refer vertical page.
10. Extension of EXCEL file is .XLS.
11. Word prints header in the top margin.
12. To save a file in ms word we press CTRL X.
13. Multiple columns cannot be viewed in the page layout view.
14. The ELSE part in the IF statement is optional.
15. Queries are an essential part of any Database.
16. OLE ensures one application uses the services of another.
17. FAT stands for file allotment tabie.
18 Control+Shift+> increase the font size.
19. Now() displays the current date in active cell.
20. Machine Language is in the form of 0123456789.
Q 3. What is the use of following commands? 20
1. MEM ___________________________________________
2. CHKDSK ________________________________________
]4. Defrag _______________________________________
]5. Fdisk ___________________________________________
Q 4. What do you understand of following ? 20
3 Debugging _____________________________________________
4 Hard copy ______________________________________________
5 User ________________________________________________
6 Cache ________________________________________________
7 bps ________________________________________________
8 ISP __________________________________________________
10 Reset ________________________________________________
N DIPLOMA IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
[Paper code: 02-02-2007]
TIME: 3 Hrs. Max Marks.100
Note: All questions are compulsory. Most of the questions have choice. You have
to solve either of one. If any student solves both parts of the question, only
first part will be evaluated and answer of second part will be nullified. So
please be careful.
Q.1 What is the basic elements of Computer? Explain function of CPU.. 5
What is Virus? Write the types of virus and their affects
Q.2 Draw a flow chart to generate the following series. 10
What so mean by HTML, Write syntax for it.?
Q.3 Filter the Internal & External command of the following. 10
DATE, TIME, XCOPY, FORMAT, LABEL, TYPE, DISKCOPY, COPY,
DOSKEY, MOVE, MKDIR, SORT, RMDIR, FIND, CLS, CHOICE, CALL, IF,
REM, DELTREE, VOL, ECHO, PROMPT, RENAME.
Q.4 How can you copy content from MS PAINT to word Pad. Write the
What is the difference between Folder & short cut?
Q.5 What is Mail Merging. Explain with Example. 5
What is the use of Pivot Table & How to create the Pivot table. Explain
Q.6 What is difference between Analog & Digital Computer? 5
How can you give the effect of Animation for slide?
Q.7 Define mode of communication Channel. 5
What is the use of Auto Correct utility?
Q.8 Differentiate between Impact and Non Impact printer. 5
Give the example of impact & non-Impact printer.
` Differentiate between Man and Wan. Give the example of Man and Wan.
Q.9 Write the short note on any four of following 10
a) Graphical use Interface (b) Software
(c) Hardware (d) CPU
(e) Delete query (f) ON screen Presentation
(g) Stacked column chart
Q.10 What is the difference between Document & Template in Ms Word?
Explain the use of Template. 5
What is the difference between RDBMS and DBMS? Write name of any
two RDBMS & DBMS.
Q.11 What is the use of following commands in UNIX ? 10
(a) who (b) pwd (c) uucp
(d) write (e ) kill
Q.13. Q8. Match the following 10
a. High level language a. C++
b. Middle level language b. Polymorphism
c. OOPS c. COBOL
d. Problem solving procedure d. Algorithm
e To display content of a file e. cat
Q.12 Define any two from the following: 5
(a) Autoexec file (b) Configuration file (c) Intelligent terminal
Q.13 Which of the following are valid HTML tags? 5
<H3 ALIGN =CENTRE
Explain the windows Explorer.
Q.14 Explain the Use of Spell Checker in Ms Word. 5
What is the use of Auto fill?