AGREEMENT FOR APPOINTMENT AS GENERAL SALES AGENT
This agreement is entered into this ....... day of ......... Two thousand and eight between
the M. P. State Tourism Development Corporation Ltd., a Government of M. P. Undertaking,
having its registered office at Paryatan Bhawan, Bhadbhada Road Bhopal - 462003
hereinafter called Madhya Pradesh State Tourism Development Corporation of the ONE
PART (which expression shall and where the context admits include their successor or
Messrs ...................................... having its registered office at ..............................................
hereinafter called "GSA" of the OTHER PART (which expression shall and where the
context admits include their successor or assigns).
WHEREAS Madhya Pradesh State Tourism Development Corporation is running
accommodation and catering units, transport services, package/conducted/local sightseeing
tours all over Madhya Pradesh and accepts bookings from the tourists at its Head Office,
Marketing Offices, Regional Offices and various units there under. Bookings can also be
made through Madhya Pradesh State Tourism Development Corporation’s Online
Reservation System. In order to facilitate these bookings, Madhya Pradesh State Tourism
Development Corporation desires to appoint GSA for accepting booking from tourists.
AND WHEREAS ................................................ has applied for appointment as GSA
on terms and conditions mutually agreed to.
NOW IT IS AGREED BY THE PARTIES:-
1. That the agreement shall be enforced for a period of one year from the date of signing and
the parties shall be at liberty to terminate the agreement at any time by giving one
month’s notice and clearing all pending accounts. The agreement can be extended
2. That this agreement authorizes the GSA to make room bookings against Madhya
Pradesh Tourism’s properties by utilizing the Madhya Pradesh State Tourism
Development Corporation’s online reservation system.
3. That the GSA will be provided access to the online reservation system with a password.
The GSA’s vouchers will be shall be on printed stationery and will be honoured by
Madhya Pradesh Tourism units.
4. That the accounts between GSA and Madhya Pradesh State Tourism Development
Corporation shall be reconciled at the end of every three months and GSA can view their
booking report through OLRS.
5. That no credit facilities shall be extended to the GSA who shall be required to make
an initial deposit of Rs. 100,000/- with Madhya Pradesh State Tourism Development
Corporation against which bookings can be made on the basis of reducing balance.
However, a minimum balance of Rs. 20,000/- will be required to be maintained at all
times. In case the minimum balance falls below Rs. 20,000/- booking will be not be
6. That the GSA shall be entitled to 25% commission throughout the year including peak
season or special rates as mutually agreed. This commission shall not be applicable in
case the reservation is cancelled by the tourists. The same shall be treated as special rate.
7. That obtaining all necessary permissions, licenses, registration from the appropriate
authorities to run the Booking Agency shall be the sole responsibility of the GSA and that
Madhya Pradesh State Tourism Development Corporation shall in no way be responsible
for any omission or irregularity in this regard or default of payment of taxes, renewal of
license etc. by it.
8. That the GSA shall not create sub-contract or any third party interest in any manner
9. That all expenses of running establishment, maintaining accounts, all out going taxes,
licenses, fees, etc. shall be borne by the GSA and Madhya Pradesh State Tourism
Development Corporation shall in no way be liable for the same.
10. That the GSA shall not use Madhya Pradesh State Tourism Development Corporation’s
logo for any publicity purpose without prior permission of Madhya Pradesh State
Tourism Development Corporation. On obtaining permission he can however use the
term “Authorised G.S.A. of Madhya Pradesh Tourism” on his letterhead, premises or
other publicity materials during the period of the agreement
11. That the GSA shall use his printed booking slips to accept deposits and issue Money
receipts with the following text stamped on them: "Authorised GSA of Madhya Pradesh
State Tourism Development Corporation ".
12. That in case of dispute between the parties in respect of terms of this agreement and
matters arising out of this agreement, the same shall be referred to the arbitration of the
Managing Director of Madhya Pradesh State Tourism Development Corporation who
shall have the authority to appoint an Arbitrator for this purpose.
13. That all costs and charges including stamp duty and registration charges, if any, shall be
borne and paid by the GSA.
14. That the GSA shall not be allowed to block accommodation. The concerned Marketing
Office shall also not be allowed to block or book accommodation on behalf of GSA.
15. That to recharge the account, the GSA shall deposit Cheques / Demand Drafts in the
name of “Madhya Pradesh Sate Tourism Development Corporation Ltd.” payable at
Bhopal. The following details may be noted :-
1. Bank Name : State Bank Of India, Main Branch, Bhopal
2. Bank A/C in favour of : M.P. State Tourism Development Corporation
3. Account Number : 30610551350
4. Branch Addresss : State Bank Of India, Main Branch, T.T.
Nagar, New Market, Bhopal – 462003
5. Email ID for top up : firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of recharge by cheque, the account will be recharged only after clearance of the
cheque. In case of Demand Draft same day recharge will be done.
16. That in case of violation of any terms and conditions of the Agreement, it can be
terminated and any loss on account of any action of GSA will be recovered from him.
17. That the GSA cannot book accommodation in his own name. The details of
tourists/clients shall be clearly mentioned in the booking. It is expected that the guest
shall carry some sort of identification proof with him/her.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, THE PARTIES hereby put their signature and seal on the
day and year first herein above written.
SIGNED, SEALED & DELIVERED
BY THE WITHIN NAMED MADHYA
PRADESH STATE TOURISM
LTD., IN THE PRESENCE OF
SIGNED, SEALED & DELIVERED
BY THE WITHIN NAMED GSA
IN THE PRESENCE OF