389 West Bay Road
Grand Cayman, BWI Cayman Islands
Phone: (345) 949 0088 Fax: (345) 949 8088
Requirements for marriage ceremonies in the Cayman Islands:
• Both the Bride and Groom must be in the country for 1 working day,
prior to the ceremony.
• The minimum age of legal marriage in the Cayman Islands is 16,
however, anyone under 18 must have consent if he or she has not been
• Both parties must have valid passports or certified copies of birth
certificates along with photo identification.
• If either party is divorced, that party must have a decree absolute plus
a notarized translation if the document is not in English.
• If either party is widowed, that party must have a copy of the death
certificate of the deceased spouse.
• Both parties must have Cayman Islands international embarkation
/disembarkation card or ship's boarding pass.
• All marriages must be attended by a marriage officer and by two
• Marriages must take place between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Liquor licensing laws state that live music must not be played on Sunday in
places licensed to sell alcoholic beverages.
Please contact Christy.Braggs@MarriottHotels.com for more wedding
information or to book your special day.