OPEN JOB POSTING
JOB ID #: 157 Posting Date: 04/27/10
POSITION: Director of Training
SimCom Training Centers offers business and general aviation pilots the best quality
simulator training. We are currently seeking a Director of Training for our Lee Vista
Orlando Training Center to join our team of professionals.
JOB DESCRIPTION: To follow the guidance of the Training Center Manager in the operations of the Orlando
Lee Vista Training Center in order to maximize profits and produce satisfied customers.
1. Assist the Training Center Manager with all Orlando Lee Vista training operations and
2. Maintain appropriate instructor pilot ratios to best utilize staffing and profitability.
3. Responsible for appropriate personnel staffing to inc lude recruiting and hiring.
4. Oversee the maintenance of existing training programs and development of new
5. Working with the Director of Compliance and Standardization in maintaining the
simulators in a ready for training status.
6. Assuring compliance with FAA and other regulations.
7. Act as first point of contact for all instructor issues and needs as well as day to day
schedule modifications (that require approval) for both Prop and Jet.
8. Responsible for insuring time sheets and pay changes for instructors at the Orlando
Lee Vista Training Center is entered and submitted to the Human Resources
Department in an accurate and timely manner. Responsible for keeping the Work
Activity record accurate and up to date.
9. Responsible for customer satisfaction by delivering the product they want and expect.
Project to them our genuine care and concern. Proactively seek out their problems and
immediately solve them to their complete and total satisfaction. Maintain the keys to
quality. Never let the quality of our product be inappropriately compromised by
customer request, instructor competence, ability or energy, or by corporate economic
pressures. You are the keeper of the quality keys to our business.
10. Assist the Training Center Manager in insuring that the employees understand:
- The Mission and Goals of SimCom – the big picture of where we are going.
- The rules of our game – our culture, ethics and sense of fairness.
- What specific contribution they can make to SimCom’s success.
- Exactly where they stand, at all times, and how they can do better in the
performance of their responsibilities.
- That you want them to succeed and will be their coach and cheerleader.
- That they have a way to provide feedback, ideas, solutions, input and ask questions
about any aspect of our business.
- What is in it for them.
REQUIREMENTS: Operations background a must, 10 years minimum experience in aviation.
5 year minimum experience managing a 24 hour facility of 15 + employees.
Operational experience in high performance piston and turbo props and type rated
in at least one of the business jets
Ability to work in a team environment and support cultural diversity.
Must have a high level of both written and verbal communication skills.
Customer service oriented.
Will require proficiency in MS office, e-mail systems including minimum
computer operating skills.
POSITION Full Time salary position. Excellent compensation and benefits package
LOCATION: SimCom Training Center
6989 Lee Vista Blvd
Orlando, FL 32822
CONTACT: Tom Evans, Training Center Manager
SimCom Training Centers offer stability, growth and excellent pay and benefits. If you would like to learn
more about how to join the SimCom team of professionals contact us at: email@example.com.