SOS GUIDELINES FOR ENTERING INTO A CAUSE MARKETING
A cause marketing relationship is a commercial marketing partnership between a company and a charitable
organization whereby a charitable sales promotion is used to market a product or service linked to a social
cause or charity, for mutual benefit. Usually, the charitable sales promotion represents that the purchase or
use of goods or services offered by the company will benefit a charitable organization. Before SOS
determines whether to engage in a cause marketing relationship with a company, the following criteria are
To ensure consumer confidence in our partnerships, SOS follows the best practices set out by the Better
Business Bureau. These guidelines require clear disclosure to the consumer and stipulate that
advertisements, displays or other promotional materials include the following:
• The portion or anticipated portion of the sale price that is being donated to the charity. For example,
“10% of your purchase will be contributed to Samaritans Offering Support.”
• The duration of the campaign. For example, “the month of October 2011.”
• If there is a maximum guaranteed contribution.
In addition, we ask that our partners comply with the following additional guidelines:
• Submit all materials, promotional flyers, Web content, press releases, etc., for approval prior to
distribution or release.
• Use “to benefit Samaritans Offering Support,” the title of the specific partnership and our website address
(www.sosmd.org) on all print materials.
8. Written Agreement.
If you are interested in forming a cause marketing relationship with the SOS, please send a brief proposal to
email@example.com with Cause Marketing Proposal in the subject-line or fax to 877-341-4765. After SOS
receives your proposal, SOS will review it in accordance with the above criteria. If SOS determines that it
would like to discuss the possibility of entering into a cause marketing relationship with your organization,
someone from the SOS will be in touch with you to discuss further.