Information for the CESR Web Registration System
All family members of those that work, research, or study at Osaka University, who wish to stay in
Japan more that 90 days, are required to obtain a "Dependent (Kazoku Taizai) Visa" at the nearest
Japanese embassy or consulate before entering Japan. In order to obtain the visa, all applicants
need to submit a Certificate of Eligibility for Status of Residence (CESR).
The Support Office for International Students and Scholars, Osaka University, will apply for the
CESR at the Japanese Immigration Bureau on behalf of you, and the Support Office will send you
your CESR as soon as it is issued.
This is the system used to make the application form of your CESR.
Please have the following documents at hand to complete the CESR Web Registration.
• Information Sheet for CESR Web Registration (Form 2)
• Your passport
• Your marriage certificate or birth certificate
1. Please go to CESR Web Registration, and select "Family" on the top page.
【English Instruction】 https://55099zzwd.coop.osaka-u.ac.jp/SupportOffice/eng/CESRSystem
【Japanese Instruction】 https://55099zzwd.coop.osaka-u.ac.jp/SupportOffice/CESRSystem
2. Please fill out the form, and confirm.
See the information on your Information Sheet for CESR Web Registration (Form 2）.
3. You will receive an email, with URL in case you need to modify the information which is entered.
4. When your application is ready to apply to the Japanese Immigration Bureau, an email will be
sent to you to inform that your application is accepted.
Please send the following documents to the Support Office by postal mail or e-mail as soon as
possible, or we cannot apply for your CESR to the Japanese Immigration Bureau.
- A copy of your passport (ID page, the page with your photo) if you have one
- 2 ID photos (40mm×30mm)
- A copy of your marriage certificate or birth certificate
- 【Only Korean nationals】A copy of your Korean ID to check the Chinese characters of your name
- 【If your passport is undergoing inspection/application proceedings】A copy of an official certificate
or document which provides proof of your name and your date of birth.
Mailing Address: Support Office for International Students and Scholars
1-1, Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka, 565-0871 Japan
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
【CAUTION】The Immigration Bureau has strict regulations for submitting photos, so please be sure
to carefully adhere to the specific guidelines for the size dimensions.
Specifications for the photo requested by the Immigration Bureau:
1. Photo of the applicant alone
2. Must be taken within 3 months of the date of submission
40 ± 3. The size of the photo must conform to the measurements of
the left diagram. The length of the face is from the top of the
3 head (including hair) to the tip of the jaw.
4. Bare-headed (no hat), showing whole face.
5. No objects in the background and no shadow.
14±2 6. Clear photo.
7. Put your name on the back of the photo.
Support Office for International Students and
Tel: +81-6-6879-4750 Fax: +81-6-6879-4752
Address: 1-1,Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka,565-0871