TENDER BOX IS AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICE OF UNIT INCHARGE
FOR DROPPING TENDERS AFTER FILLING
RICHARDSON & CRUDDAS (1972) LTD.,
69 D, Sidco Industrial Estate,
Ambattur, Chennai 600 098.
TELEPHONE NO: 044-26254563, 26258221 & 26254464
FAX NO : 044-26258295
e-mail : email@example.com
TENDER NOTICE NO: R&C/Project/F/W/2010-2011 DATED: 05.06.2010
1. Name of work : Construction of shed, RCC framed
structure, Gantry track, storage yard,
roads, water supply line and other
infrastructure works in HPBP Factory
premises at Trichy BHEL.
2. Earnest Money Deposit : Rs.75,000/-
3. Value of the work : Rs.8.77 Crores (approx)
4. Time of completion : 8 months
5. Maintenance period : 12 months
6. Last date of receipt of tenders : 15.06.2010, up to 13.00 hrs
7. Date & time opening tenders : 15.06.2010, up to14.00 hrs
8. Cost of tender document including S.T : Rs.250/-
Tender documents will be issued at
Name & Address.
RICHARDSON & CRUDDAS (1972) LTD.,
69 D, Sidco Industrial Estate,
Ambattur, Chennai 600 098.
Tender Notice No. R&C/Project/F/W/2010-2011 DATE: 05.06.2010
NOTICE INVITING TENDER
Sub: Construction of shed, RCC framed structure, Gantry track, storage yard, roads,
water supply line and other infrastructure works in HPBP Factory premises – at BHEL,
Trichy - Reg.
We are pleased to invite to quote your competitive price as per the bill of quantities mentioned
in the schedule and return the tender documents duly filled and signed in all pages.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. All terms and conditions as applicable to our contract with client and their consultant
will be binding on the tenders / contractor.
2. TERMS OF PAYMENT : Payment shall be made proportionally to the accepted contract
value of the contractor only on receipt of corresponding payment of our bills
3. IME OF COMPLETION : As per schedule prescribed in work order / LOA is with in 8
4. Technical specification and other tender condition of the above tender are as per our
Client’s requirement which is binding on the tenderer.
5. Tenderers should have experience in similar kind of work and should have completed
atleast one work of any civil works in the last three years with value not less than
6. The contractor is presumed to have studied all the tender documents including
drawings for having seen, understood and quoted accordingly.
7. Jurisdiction: In case of any dispute or arbitration, the jurisdiction will be at Chennai
8. The Contractor shall supply all the equipments required for the entire work as per
agreed terms of clients and their consultant as per their approved list.
9. The Tenderer has to comply with the various statutory obligation regarding various
Labour Acts as per statute applicable to contractor of R&C, which shall form an integral
part of this tender. You are requested to comply with all such labour regulations as per
the conditions stipulated in labour laws.
10. All licenses/ Certifications/ Registration/ Policies and the like, which are to be obtained
for the subject work, shall be on R&C’s name only. The expenses incurred on this heads
shall be to the contractors account.
Additional Special Conditions:
1. Time is the essence of the contract. Being a time bound maintenance works the
contractor should make all efforts to complete the work in time.
2. Usually, working hours are limited to daytime only. In emergency cases to carryout
works during nights, it may be done so with the specific prior permission of client. In
such case, it is to be carried out it the presence of R&C officials or their authorized
3. The Contract is liable for variation without entitling the tenderer to any compensation,
till the total value of contract does not vary by more than 20% (twenty percentage plus
4. The quoted rate shall be firm throughout the contract period and no cost escalation is
allowed on any account.
5. The work shall be carried out as per tender specifications, drawings released then and
there. Civil Engineering Department work and safety procedure, AWS/BIS specifications,
standard code of practice as per the instructions of Engineer-in-charge.
6. The item rates offered is for finished item of works and shall provide for the complete
cost towards fuel, tools, tackles, plant and machinery, temporary works, labour,
materials, levies, taxes, transport, layout, repairs, rectifications, maintenance till
handing over, supervision, labour colonies, establishment, services, revenue expenses,
overheads, profits and all other incidentals, etc., complete.
7. All charges on account of Octroi, terminal Sales tax or other duties like services tax etc.
on materials obtained for the work (excluding materials provided by us on recovery)
shall be borne by the Contractor.
8. Otherwise R&C would clear the debris at the contractor’s risk and cost.
9. The contractor has to execute any item of work irrespective of the quantity without any
10. The contractor has to carryout the work in systematic manner without affecting the
schedule of planning.
11. The decision of Engineer-in-charge shall be final and binding on the contractor
regarding clarification of items in this tender schedule.
12. The contractor shall strictly adhere to various labour laws, minimum Wages Act, Bonus
Act, etc., in force.
13. The contractor shall follow norms of client’s security system for movement of men &
materials within the complex.
14. Since the responsibility for the quality, workmanship and accuracy of any work being
carried out under this contract lies with the contractor, the contractor should ensure
that no work is done without the presence of contractor’s representative at the work
spot and prior approval from the Engineer Incharge.
15. Statement of completed works with detailed measurement along with material
reconciliation statements shall be submitted by the contractor in the last week of every
month for processing bill.
16. The contractor should make the site establishment with required Engineers, Supervisors
and other labours, all as mentioned in tender document.
17. The contractor should establish his own site office, material/equipment, handling
facility, stores etc. for which vacant land will be allotted on specific request according to
the site condition.
18. The contractor is required to carry out activities as directed by the department officials.
It is required to engage certain minimum strength of staff for effective supervision of
works as indicated below:
Site Manager - 1 No.
Engineer (Graduate in Civil Engineering) - 2 Nos.
Engineer (Mech./ Electrical) - 2 Nos.
Supervisor / Engineer (Civil Diploma) - 3 Nos.
In addition to the above, Quantity Surveyors have to be engaged to prepare
measurements and submit the bills.
19. Adequate Quality Engineer and Safety Engineer should be deployed at site.
20. The contractor has to deploy adequate labour of required categories such as Unskilled,
Skilled, Marker, Plumber, Fitter, Maistry, Technically experienced etc., so as to execute
the works simultaneously in all areas of work.
21. Separate non-technical persons should be engaged for arranging daily gate passes for
labours and vehicles entry in all the gates of Factory Complex.
22. The contractor shall carry out health performance test at his cost for all the workmen
engaged in the work though a registered medical practitioner and produce certificate on
23. It shall be the responsibility of the contractor to see that the workmen do not utilize the
department for the workmen.
24. All materials brought by the Contractor for incorporation in the work shall be got
inspected and approved by the Engineer-in-charge before they are incorporated in the
25. LD / Penalty clause is applicable as per General Conditions of Contract.
26. The contractor should abide by ESI & PF rules and regulations of insurance act.
27. All safety precautions as stipulated in the tender should be scrupulously followed.
28. The contractor has to follow the safety precautions laid down by SAIL for transporting
materials, execution of works, etc.
29. All tools & plants are under contractor’s scope and should not depend on R&C.
30. All safety measures are to be followed during execution of work, particularly during
blasting and only licensed blaster should be engaged for this purpose. Sufficient care
shall be taken by the contractor during excavation to avoid damages to the buried
pipelines, cables and other infrastructure like railway lines if any etc.
31. The contractor should use only the materials of brand and quality as approved by client
32. All materials and consumables brought by the contractor should have manufacturer’s
33. The contractor should extend full co-operation to the other contractors who may be
doing other works in the same areas to enable them to execute their portions of work
without any delay or difficulty.
34. In all matters of dispute, the decision of the Unit In-charge, R&C Chennai, shall be final
and binding on the contractor.
EARNEST MONEY DEPOSIT: The tender has to deposit an EMD amount of Rs.75,000/-
(Rupees Seventy Five Thousand only) in the form of Demand draft in favour of
RICHARDSON & CRUDDAS (1972) LIMITED, payable at Chennai, along with Tender
SECURITY DEPOSIT OF THE ORDER VALUE: The successful tenderer has to remit Security
Deposit for this work is 5%. It is to be noted that 50% of the total Security Deposit amount
shall be furnished before the commencement of the work.
The balance 50% of Security Deposit may be deducted from each Running Bill in respect of
this work at 10% of work done and as billed for.
The quantities shown therein are only approximate and are liable for variation
during execution. Payment will be made only for the quantities actually
executed as measured and accepted finally by BHEL. The work may be splitted
two or more agencies based on requirement for execution of different sub
works as per the enclosed list of sub work details.
For further clarification in technical details, bill for quantities nature of work and site
conditions tenderer can contact Unit Incharge, R&C Chennai Office directly.
Please quote your rate percentage in the following column based on the details of work as
per the enclosure.
Value of work Below (-%) / At par (0%) / above (+%) of
S.No. (Approx.) rates provided as schedule enclosed
(Rs.) In figures In words
Please submit your sealed offer with tender documents duly signed to reach us on or
before 15.06.2010 at 13:00 Hours. Tenders will be opened on same day i.e. 15.06.2010 at
14:00 hours at our office.
Enclosure for the Tender Notice No. R&C/Project/F/W/2010-2011 DATED: 05.06.2010
LIST OF SUB WORK ORDER DEATILS
Sl.No Approx. Value
(Rs. In Lacs)
1. Covered Shed with Toilet – 4 m ht. 30.00
2. Open storage Yard without concrete 60.00
(1X 32X 300m)
3. Yard concreting 4.00
4. RCC Compound Wall – 1000 RM with 20.00
Gate, Security Office
5. Relocation of Weigh Bridge – 60T Cap. 4.00
6. SD Stores – Covered Shed 55.00
7. Yard (Shipping Near outer Yard – 245.50
West) with concreting flooring
8. Compound Wall – 750RM 15.00
9. Gantry Yard with 30T Crane without 60.00
concreting – 1 X 32 m X 150m + BG
10. Gantry Yard with 30T Crane without 62.000
concreting – 1 X 32 m X 160m+BG
11. Construction of Office Building (RCC) 13.00
– 20 m X 10m
12. New Yard – 1X 18mX 200m 30.00
13. Internal Roads – 510mX 10m 49.00
14. Road extension between Ganesa point 229.50
and 24 Roundana