Directives Home Page» Topics» Training Academy
14.3 AUTHORIZED AMMUNITION PURCHASES
A. Purpose: This directive provides ordering information for purchasing ammunition for U.S. Marshals
Service (USMS) weapons and authorized off-duty'weapons used by operational employees and Court
Security Officers for weapons qualification and training.
B. Authority: The authority to issue this directive concerning the purchase of ammunition is set forth in the
Justice Acquisition Regulations Part 2801.601 (a) (8), (b) and (c).
C. Policy: The Procurement Office will publish the ammunition supply information in consultation with the
USMS Training Academy. This document lists ammunition the USMS approves for purchase, along with
vendor and contract information. Districts and divisions may only purchase approved ammunition for duty,
qualification or training.
1. See ammunition supply information for the U.S. Marshals Service ammunition and ordering
2. From the vendor matrix find the desired ammunition and purchase it according to the
E. Responsibilities: The Procurement Office, with the Training Academy's assistance, is responsible for
revising this directive.
1. Firearms instructors may only obtain authorized ammunition from designated vendors.
Ammunition not authorized for use by field personnel (Le., Special Operations Group ammunition)
may not be purchased. Approval for all purchases must be obtained by the Chief Deputy or U.S.
Marshal at the district level, or the Assistant Director at the division level.
2. To request ammunition not listed in this ammunition supply information, submit a USM-157 to the
Deputy Director for written approval. On the form include a detailed reason why the ammunition
is needed, stating the adverse impact on operational performance if it is not obtained.
F. Ordering Instructions for Using Other Government Ammunition Contract: The following rules apply
to all delivery orders issued citing government contracts:
1. No single purchase of ammunition requires competitive quotes because it is a delivery order
under a competitively awarded indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity contract.
2. Ammunition purchases under a government contract using the government-issued MasterCard
are subject to contractor approval. Delivery orders exceeding $2,500 require an OF-347, Order
for Supplies or Services, to be issued, indicating that payment will be made by MasterCard.
3. Open-market purchases using the government-issued MasterCard can only be made for orders
of less than $2,500.
4. Delivery is FOB destination (the contractor pays the shipping costs) for all 48 contiguous states
and Alaska. For shipment to Guam, Hawaii, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and Virgin
Islands, the shipment will be FOB origin (the government must pay the shipping costs).
5. When ordering ammunition, the unit of issue (see rounds per case for each contractor) should be
ordered in whole, not partial, cases (i.e., 1,000 rounds = 1 case, not 1-1/2 cases).
6. State in each delivery order the time (local daylight or standard) deliveries may be received at the
7. Each order must contain an address where the USMS will receive and accept delivery.
8. Each order must include the name and telephone number of a contact person at the delivery site.
9. Inside delivery must include the following statement: "Delivery Within Consignee's Premises."
10. The delivery order must include the floor and room number(s). This service is in addition to any
other applicable charges and is paid by the ordering office.
G. Ordering Instructions for "Open-Market" Ammunition: There are several ammunition types not
available under another agency's contract must be purchased on an open-market basis. The USMS
Procurement Office has provided the most current prices for that ammunition. Nevertheless, ordering
offices should confirm prices with contractors before placing their orders.
1. Any order above $2,500 placed with a contractor must be awarded competitively on an OF-347
form, if not, a written sole-source justification must be included in the lLSM-:248,
Purchase/Delivery Order Folder.
2. Before placing an order verify with the contractor that he or she accepts MasterCard.
Note: The annual ammunition inventory is to be verified for accuracy by the Chief Deputy U.S. Marshal or
the U.S. Marshal on the formL§M-~~~, Ammunition Inventory Register by October 1.
• Each DUSM is entitled to 500 rounds / annually for practice.
• Only the Special Operations Group may purchase and use "specialty" ammunition.
• Non-contract items or open-market priCing is noted above and is subject to price
changes. Confirm contractor prices at the time of order. Depending on the quantity
ordered, shipping may be paid by vendor. Prices for contract items are indicated and
are updated annually.
Training Academy link, Ammunition Supply IDiQrill<J(iQll
USMS AMMUNITION TYPES ATK IFEOERAL CARTRIDGE OLIN-WINCHESTER REMINGTON ARMS ATK ISPEER-GOLO DOT
P9HST3 1000 rds/$237.42
9mmx19mm Caliber, 124 Gr."+P", JHP LE9T1 1000 rds/$350.68 RA9124TP 500 rdsl GSB9MMO 500 rdsl 53617 1000 rds/$23742
(9mm Pistols or SMGs) (124 gr.) $120.00 $172.05
LE9T5 1000 rds/$350.68 RA9BA $147.50
9mmx19mm Caliber, 147 Gr., JHP, P9HST2 1000 rds/$237.42 (001-14-2009) GSB9MMC 500 rdsl 53619 1000 rds/$237.42
(Recommended for 9mm SMGs) $172.05
("RA9B & Q4363 from Olin-Winchester are (J-FBI-OB-104)
the same product.)
P40HST3 1000 rds/$287.88
.40 S&W Caliber, 165 Gr., JHP, LE40T3 1000 rds/$366.36 RA40BA 500 rdsl GSB40SWA 500 rdsl 53947 1000 rds/$287.88
Q4355 500 rdsl
.40 S&WCaliber, 180 Gr., JHP, P40HST1 1000 rds/$287.88 GSB40SWB 500 rdsl 53962 1000 rds/$287.88
LE40T1 1000 rds/$366.36 (J-FBI-OB-094)
53966 1000 rds/$424.97
.45acp Caliber, 230 Gr., or u+P" JHP, P45HST1 1000 rds/$312.33 RA45TP 500 rdsl GSB45APB 500 rdsl
P45GHST1 1000 rds/$366.89
.45 GLOCK("GAP") Caliber, RA45GB 500 rdsl 53977 1000 rds/$424.97
180-230 Gr., JHP, ("note caliber difference) (230gr.) $200.00 (185 gr)
(001-14-2009) 53978 1000 rds/$313.97
XM1003A 1000 rds/$343.55
10mm Caliber, 175-190 Gr., JHP, (190 gr.) X10MMSTHP 200 rdsl
.357SIG Caliber, 125 Gr., JHP, P357ST4 RA357SB 500 rdsl GSB357SB 500 rdsl 53918 1000 rds/$269.85
(Semi-Automatic PistoD LE357SHST1 (001-14-2009)
.357 Magnum Caliber, 125-158 Gr., JHP, P357HS1G X3576P 500 rdsl GS357MA 500 rdsl 23917
(Revolver) (125 gr.) $147.50 (125gr.) $152.50 (135 gr.)
(158 gr.) X357SHP
23980 500 rdsl $253.35
.44 Special, 200-225 Gr., JHP, X44STHPS2 200 rdsl
(Revolveo (200 gr.) $106.20
23984 500 rdsl $271.00
.45 Long Colt, 200-225 Gr., JHP, X45CSHP2 200 rdsl
(Revolver) (225 gr.) $105.00
53921 1000 rds/$360.43
.38 Special, 125-135 Gr. "+P", P38HST1 RAS38SP 500 rdsl GS38SB 500 rdsl (135 gr.)
JHP,(OUSM Off-Out'Ll BackuQ., (125 gr.) (130 gr.) $225.00 (125gr.) $194.25
.380acp Caliber, 85-102 Gr., rds/$198.76 (90 gr.) RA380T 500 rdsl GS380B 500 rdsl 53606 1000 rds/$239.40
JHP,(OUSM Off-Out'Ll BackuQ., (95gr.) $187.50 (102gr.) $194.25 (90 gr.)
12 Gauge, 2 3/4", 8 pellet LE13300 250 rds/$89.90 RR128BKOO 250 rdsl 57800
"00" Buckshot, (RR) $149.20
12 Gauge, 2 3/4", 1 oz. Rifled Slug- LE127RS 250 rds/$1 05.36 RA12RS 250 rdsl RR12RS 250 rdsl
Reduced Recoil (approx. 1200fps) $112.50 $149.20
LE127LRS 250 rds/$111.89 (001-14-2009) SP12RS 250 rdsl 57805
12 Gauge, 2 3/4", 1 oz. Rifled Slug- LEB127 RS 250 rds/$105.36 X12RS15 250 rdsl $149.20
Standard Velocity(approx. 1600fps) LEF127 RS 250 rds/$111.89 $112.50
.223 Caliber, 55 Gr., JSP (May be used in T223A 500 rdsl RA223R 200 rdsl R223R1 200 rdsl 24455
all AR 15A 1 models with 1: 7 - 12" twist (55gr.TRUSP)$232.63 (55gr.JSP) $85.00 $ $128.25
(001-14-2009) (55 gr. GOSP)
.223 Caliber, 55 Gr., JHP (May be used in T223E 500 rdsl
all AR15A 1 models with 1:7 - 12" twist (55gr.TRUHP)$235.04
T223F 500 rdsl
.223 Caliber, 60-77 Gr., JHP or JSP RA223R2 200 rdsl 24448
T223L 500 rdsl
(Recommended for AR15-A2, A3, & A4 (64gr.TRUSP)$231.41 (64gr.PP) $87.00
models with 1:7 - 9" twist barrels) (001-14-2009) (64gr. GOSP)
T223M 500 rdsl RA223M 200 rdsl 24456
" The 60 gr. Nosier Partition (NP) bullet (69gr.TRUSP)$307.58 (69gr.BTHP)$110.00
also stabilizes & shoots well from a 1:12 (001-14-2009) (64gr. GOSP)
twist barrel, commonly found on A1s. T223M3 500 rdsl Q3283 1000 rdsl
(77gr. BTHP)$342. 70 (60gr.NP) $520.00
LISTING OF VENDORS
* Contract Number, when applicable, is ATK, Inc. - Federal Cartridge Olin-Winchester Co. Remington Arms Co. ATK, Inc. / AAI - Ammo.
located at bottom of each item's block. Co., Inc. Attn: Attn: Accessories, Inc.
b6 Attn: 427 N. Shamrock St. 870 Remington Drive, Attn:
7C * When no contract number appears, the 2299 Snake River Ave. East Alton, IL 62024 Madison, NC 27025 2299 Snake River Ave
item's price is Open Market Bid (OMB). P.O. Box 856 (800) 356-2666 (800) 852-7634 P.O. Box 856
Lewiston, ID 83501 ( Lewiston, ID 83501
(800) 806-0021 Fax (618) 258-3545 Fax (336) 548-8798 (800) 806-0021
Fax (208) 799-3945 @ Fax (208) 799-3945
* USMS authorized ammunition is limited to the items listed above. Ammunition that was authorized during a prior
ammunition supply letter will remain authorized until it is exhausted. All future orders are to come from the current
USMS sources. For use on courses requiring steel targets, you may contact the Academy's armorer for assistance obtainingfrangible ammo.
* Only ammunition that is purchased & issued by the USMS shall be authorized for use.
Ammunition that has been personally purchased may not be deployed.
* Applicable contracts are noted in parentheses with each item. items are
lVlarket Hid" pricing & m be subject to price changes - confirrn e time of order. Dept. of
Interior (DOl) pricing is updated each FY. Depending on quantity ordered, shipping may be paid by vendor. Pricing
for contract items include shipping and are updated annually. Instructions for ordering ammunition, (furnished by
USMS Business Services Division - Procurement branch, Ammunition Supply Letter), shall be the purchasing
* In addition to qualification, each DUSM is entitled to 500 rounds annually for practice.
For additional details regarding ammunition information, please contact the following vendor web sites:
www.le.atk.com (Federal Cartridge & AAI I Speer products)
www.remingtonle.cOln (Remington Cartridge products)
www.winchester.com/lawenforcelnent (Olin-Winchester products)
* Please seriously consider setting a goal of keeping a two year supply of ammunition on hand to prevent the
consequences of rising prices & potential manufacturing and delivery delays.
Prices for law matena
;;f; to ammunition are ". _ .
most non~contract if-J%YnC: For Remington brand products, please reference the quote numbers listed below.
Most Olin-Winchester products are on Dept. of Interior (DOl) contract, revised Oct. 2008 for FY 2009.
Federal Bureau of Investigation contract "J-FBI-08-094" AOS&W caliber bonded duty round. It scored the highest of any prior tested AOS&W caliber
cartridge, using the FBI test protocol First year begins 11/14/07 thru 11/13/08, with 4 potential option years. The cost of inside delivery may not be inclu
on the FBI contracts. FBI's 9mm x 19mm contract "J-FBI-08-104" First year option begins 01/28/08-01/27/09, with a four potential option years.
Remington's law enforcement representative Donna Mabe provided price quote (# SPA 9599) Feb. 19, 2009. Prices in chart reflect a single case
quantity. All prices are "OMB" / non-contract. Effective immedi~tel~; All A05&W caliber and .223 caliber ammunition may require a minimum 120 ~
150 day delivery time and a PARTIAL of any orders is automatic. Payment Terms: Net 30 days. Shipping Terms: No shipping I freight charges
if order is.5 or more cases (any mix).
"PRICES EFFECTIVE: Immediately 1 through 12/31/09. Payment Terms: Net 30 Days, "Freight: Prepaid CONUS; Minimum qty 5 case (any mix)
AI! products shown above are quoted from the Remington's Government Sales Directorate confidential price, list effective: FEBRUARY 06, 200S.
All prices are subject to review and/or revision when there is a publisl1ed price fist increase or cl1ange.
To order: Forward purchase order via fax (336) 548-8798, or contact Customer Service Rep @ (800) 852-7634.
Please ensure order items orices are firm.
Should you have questions, please contact the appropriate Sales personnel as shown below.
• Payment "REMIT TO": REMINGTON ARMS COMPANY, INC.
P. O. Box 503810
st. Louis, MO 63150-3810
Electronic payment processing is available. For information contact Donna Mabe at
• All ammunition products are produced at our ammunition facility:
Remington Arms Company, Inc.
2592 AR-Highway 15 North
Lonoke, AR 72086
• John Spees - Federal Agency Sales Manager
email@example.com (864) 607-0992
• Donna Watkins - CSR (Customer Service Representative)
firstname.lastname@example.org. 1 (800) 852-7634