Policy Summary – Commercial Combined Insurance
This document provides a summary of the significant features, limitations and benefits of the cover available within this Commercial Combined
insurance policy. This summary does not contain the full details of the terms, conditions, exclusions and warranties applicable therefore please
refer to the policy wording for the full details. The policy wording is available on request.
About this insurance
This is a package policy aimed at various types of businesses including Manufacturers, Processors, Wholesalers, Distributors, Warehouses,
Leisure risks and Engineering risks. The policy is also aimed at businesses trading from commercial and residential premises including single
premises and portfolios. The standard duration of this non-investment insurance contract is 12 months unless otherwise agreed by us.
This commercial combined policy includes contents, stock, loss of income, public liability and legal expenses as standard with a wide range of
optional extensions available to enable you to tailor cover according to your needs.
Optional extensions include buildings cover, loss of liquor licence, subsidence cover, theft by employees, specified all risks, computer
breakdown, terrorism cover, employers liability and personal accident. Liability cover can also be extended for work away from the premises.
About the Insurers
This policy is underwritten by Anglo Pacific Consultants (London) Ltd for and on behalf of certain underwriters at Lloyd’s and DAS Legal
Expenses Insurance Company Limited. Lloyd’s and DAS are authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
Insured perils for buildings and contents • Damage to external blinds and signs £1,000
‘All risks’ cover is provided for your buildings (if applicable) and • Loss or damage to goods in transit £3,000
your contents and stock for the sums insured selected by you:-
• Theft of keys including replacement of locks £1,000
• Fire, lightning or earthquake
• Loss of money:-
• Storm or flood - in transit or night safe £3,000
• Escape of water - during business hours £3,000
• Riot and civil commotion
• Malicious damage - outside business hours in a locked safe £3,000
• Impact - from the residence of a principal/employee £500
• Leakage of oil from fixed heating systems
- from gaming or vending machines £500
• Theft by forcible and violent entry/exit
• Accidental damage - outside business hours not in a locked safe £500
- crossed cheques and non negotiable money £250,000
Significant features and benefits
• Personal accident and assault following a
Standard benefits robbery or hold up:-
Cover automatically includes the following extensions and most of - Benefit for death, loss of any limbs or eyes £10,000
the limits shown can be increased on request The minimum cover
- Benefit per week up to 2 years £100
can automatically increase depending on the size of your
business:- - Damage to cash carrying devices or
personal effects £500
Standard benefit Minimum cover
• Loss of freezer contents £1,000
• Damage to fixed glass, premises fronts and
sanitary fittings (Inner limits apply) £3,000 • Damage to property insured at exhibitions £10,000
Commercial Combined Policy Summary 1109 1
• Loss of metered water £5,000 Optional extensions
• Damage to landscaped gardens £2,500 The following optional extensions of cover are available at an
• Damage to property insured where you are additional cost:-
providing outside catering £2,000 • Buildings cover including:-
• Rent/lease payments as tenant if the business - damage to cables and underground pipes
is untenantable from damage by - trace and access cover up to £25,000 any one loss
a peril insured (excluding accidental damage) 20% of contents - loss of rent receivable up to 20% of the building sum insured.
• Business interruption cover following a claim £100,000 Can be extended up to 30% of the building sum insured.
This cover helps to keep you in business • Subsidence cover to your buildings and contents
following a claim. Automatic extensions of
cover under business interruption include:- Cover for subsidence or ground heave of the site on which the
premises stands or landslip.
- professional accounts charges
- notifiable disease • Theft by employees
- vermin pests and defective sanitation Cover against fraud or dishonesty by employees involving theft
- murder or suicide of money or contents. There are various limits of indemnity to
- denial of access choose from.
- damage to suppliers premises £100,000
- damage to customers premises £100,000 • Specified all risks
- failure of public supply.
Cover for items which you specify individually under the policy.
• Loss of accounts receivable £10,000 This extension will cover specified items away from the
premises anywhere in the U.K and for up to 30 consecutive
Cover for money that is owed by customers days elsewhere in the world.
which cannot be collected because records
have been lost or damaged by a peril insured. • Computer breakdown
• Public and Products liability £2,000,000 Cover for loss or damage caused by computer breakdown or
failure up to a value specified by you. Cover extends to include:-
Cover against sums you become legally liable
to pay as damages together with your legal - Additional expenditure up to £10,000
costs and expenses relating to an injury to any - Incompatibility of computer records up to £5,000
person or accidental loss or damage to their - Additional rental up to £5,000
material property happening in the course of
• Terrorism Cover
Cover for terrorism under the buildings, contents and loss of
Automatic extensions of cover under public and
income sections of the policy.
products liability include:-
• Loss of liquor licence £100,000
- cross liabilities
- tenants liability Cover against the depreciation in the value of
- defective premises act your premises and subsequent loss of profit
- contingent motor liability following loss of licence due to causes
- overseas personal liability. beyond your control.
• Legal expenses including:– • Employers liability £10,000,000
- Cover up to £100,000 per insured incident (inner limit of Cover for damages, legal costs and expenses
£2,000 for aspect enquiries and tax intervention enquiries). for which you are liable as a result of injury to
- Cover for contract disputes. your employees including unsatisfied court
- Cover for health and safety prosecutions. judgements.
- Cover for data protection.
• Personal accident
- Cover for employment disputes and compensation awards.
- Cover for criminal prosecution. This cover provides compensation in certain circumstances to
- Cover for bodily injury. directors principals and partners up to 70 years of age arising
- Cover for property protection. from accidents at work. Cover includes:-
- Cover for tax protection.
- Death £10,000
- Cover for statutory licence protection.
- Loss of sight £10,000
- Cover for tenancy disputes.
- Free access to on-line businesslaw service. - Loss of limb £10,000
- Permanent total disability £10,000
- Free legal advice, tax advice and unfunded business
- Temporary total disability (104 weeks) £200 per week
- Free counselling helpline for employees.
Commercial Combined Policy Summary 1109 2
Significant features • Public and Products liability – excluding:
• Automatic index linking at renewal to buildings, contents, - lack of care or skill in the giving of professional or other
specified all risks and computer breakdown. advice or treatment in connection with the business (other
• Third party interests can be noted provided we are informed. than first aid treatment).
- work on offshore installations.
Definition of buildings - work in or on aircrafts.
- work in or on airports or aerodromes, runways,
• Wide definition including landlords fixtures and fittings therein manoeuvring areas or aprons, or those parts of airports or
and thereon, walls, gates and fences, yards, car parks and aerodromes to which aircraft have access.
pavements, piping, ducting, cables, wires and associated control
gear and accessories on the premises and extending to the Significant general conditions
public mains but only to the extent of your responsibility.
• Excess – the amount specified in your schedule which must
Definition of contents be paid towards each and every claim.
• Minimum standards of security apply. Theft and theft of
• Wide definition including:-
money is excluded unless the minimum standards of security
- computer and electronic office equipment, for which you are are complied with (see general clauses and warranties 13 of
responsible, including laser printers, fax machines and the policy wording).
- machinery, plant, fixtures and fittings and all other contents • Intruder alarm conditions apply (if we have noted you have an
for which you are responsible. alarm). Theft and theft of money is excluded unless the
- stock and materials in trade and goods in trust for which you intruder alarm clause is complied with (see general clauses
are responsible. and warranties 14 of the policy wording).
pertaining to the business and contained in the premises • Goods in transit – if the vehicle is left unattended between
9pm and 6am then the vehicle must be securely locked and
Significant general exclusions garaged in enclosed premises (see section 2 extra benefit 3
of the policy wording).
• Terrorism cover is excluded (unless the terrorism extension is
selected). • Reasonable care – you must take all reasonable steps to
prevent/minimise loss, damage, injury or accident and to
• Data recognition exclusion – the inability of systems to minimise the cost of claims or legal proceedings and keep all
recognise any date as its true calendar date (see general property insured in efficient condition and good repair. You
exclusion 5 of the policy wording). This exclusion is not must also take reasonable care when selecting employees
applicable to employers liability and personal accident. (see general condition 9 of the policy wording).
• E-risks exclusion – excludes loss, destruction of or damage to • Duty of disclosure - The statements made and the information
any computer equipment or financial loss due to programming you provide which form the basis of this contract must be
or operator error, virus or hacking (see general exclusion 7). complete and correct to the best of your knowledge and
This exclusion is not applicable to public and products liability belief. You must tell us immediately of any alteration in risk,
and employers liability. which materially affects this insurance. (see general condition
• Computer breakdown – excluding cover for any property 11 of the policy wording).
insured caused by its own breakdown unless an approved • Stock in any cellar or basement must be placed on racks at
maintenance contract is in force. (see section 8 of the policy least 150 mm above floor level (see Section 2 insured peril 4
wording). of the policy wording).
• Products liability – excluding injury or loss of or damage to • Declaration of wage roll and turnover - You must review the
property (unless otherwise agreed) caused by or in wage roll and/or turnover figures declared to us at each
connection with products which: renewal of the policy and notify us of any changes (see
- to your knowledge are for use in or on any aircraft and general conditions 15 of the policy wording).
which are critical to the safety or airworthiness of the
• Fire precautions clause – This details measures to be taken
by you, your employees or sub-contractors whenever carrying
- to your knowledge are directly or indirectly exported to the
out work which involved the application of heat, welding,
United States of America or Canada.
angle grinders or using tar bitumen or asphalt boilers (see
general clauses and warranties 22 of the policy wording).
Commercial Combined Policy Summary 1109 3
• Empty buildings – You must tell us immediately if any building
becomes unoccupied or any unoccupied buildings become
occupied and follow security and inspection conditions (see
general clauses and warranties 4 and 5 of the policy
• Waste warranty – You must ensure all trade waste is swept
up and bagged every night and removed from the premises at
least once a week (see general clauses and warranties 23 of
the policy wording).
• Bona-fide subcontractors warranty – This details measures to
be taken by you if you use bona-fide subcontractors (see Significant legal expenses exclusions
general clauses and warranties 26 of the policy wording).
• Any claim reported more than 180 days after an insured
person should have known about the claim.
Significant legal expenses exclusions • Any costs incurred before the insurer agrees to pay them.
• Any claim reported more than 180 days after an insured • Fines, penalties, compensation or damages which an insured
person should have known about the claim. person is ordered to pay, other than compensation awards as
• Any costs incurred before the insurer agrees to pay them. covered under insured incidents data protection and
• Fines, penalties, compensation or damages which an insured employment compensation awards.
person is ordered to pay, other than compensation awards as • Civil claims which do not have reasonable prospects of
covered under insured incidents data protection and success.
employment compensation awards. • The first £200 of costs in respect of aspect enquiries and tax
• Civil claims which do not have reasonable prospects of intervention enquiries.
success. • Contract disputes where the amount in dispute is less than
• The first £200 of costs in respect of aspect enquiries and tax £250 or more than £5,000.
• Contract disputes where the amount in dispute is less than Significant legal expenses conditions
£250 or more than £5,000.
• The insurer will choose a representative to help the insured
person in cases where the insurer is liable to pay a
Significant legal expenses condition compensation award. In any other case, the insured person is
• The insurer will choose a representative to help the insured free to choose a representative if the insurer agrees to start
person in cases where the insurer is liable to pay a legal proceedings and it becomes necessary for a lawyer to
compensation award. In any other case, the insured person is represent the interests of the insured person in those
free to choose a representative if the insurer agrees to start proceedings; or there is a conflict of interest.
legal proceedings and it becomes necessary for a lawyer to
represent the interests of the insured person in those
proceedings; or there is a conflict of interest.
Commercial Combined Policy Summary 1109 4