Indiana State University
College of Business
Petition for Readmission Following Academic Dismissal
1. Students who have been academically dismissed must petition to return to classes.
2. Students must remain out of classes a minimum of one semester after a first
academic dismissal, one academic year after a second academic dismissal.
3. No student can return after a third academic dismissal.
4. Petitions must be submitted by August 1 (for fall term), December 1 (for spring
term), or May 1 (for summer term).
5. While an exception to the submission deadline date may be requested in
extraordinary circumstances, no petition to return from academic dismissal will be
accepted after the Friday before the first week of the term for which return is
6. Petitions will not be accepted for review from any student who has a hold on
her/his account. (Check your hold status at the MyISU portal).
7. Do not file the admissions office petition – use the attached petition from the
College of Business.
8. This petition form should be filled in (print or type clearly) and mailed to the
College of Business 610
Indiana State University
Terre Haute, IN 47809
9. Your responses must be thorough and thoughtful, especially with your honest
assessment of the causes for your academic dismissal and your remedies for being
successful when readmitted.
10. For more information, contact the Undergraduate Dean’s office at (812) 237-
3606. Email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page 1 of 3 Dismissal Petition May 2008
Readmission Petition Student Information – please print
Semester and year you intend to return to ISU __________________________________
First Name ____________ Middle __________ Last __________________________
ISU ID Number: 991-______________ Best Telephone Contact: __________________
My ISU email address: email@example.com
Local Address: __________________________________________________________
Current major ____________ Earned hours __________ Cumulative GPA _________
Term(s) when previously dismissed: _____________________________
Last date of attendance at ISU: _________________________________
Expected graduation date: _____________________________________
Student Statement – print or type clearly or attach a separate sheet.
Be very thorough and thoughtful with your responses.
1. Explain in detail the reasons that contributed to your academic dismissal.
2. Describe what you have been doing since your academic dismissal.
Page 2 of 3 Dismissal Petition May 2008
3. Have you attend another university or college since were academically dismissed from
ISU? If so, where did you attend and what classes did you take? Please include a legible
copy of your transcript(s).
4. Explain how you intend to change to be successful now. Be very specific.
5. Provide a list of the first semester classes you plan to take if you’re readmitted.
6. What are your long term goals after ISU?
Signature ________________________________ Date ________________________
Page 3 of 3 Dismissal Petition May 2008