Introduction to Letters of Credit
January 13, Thursday 08:30 AM PST | 11:30 AM EST
Why Should You Attend:
A letter of credit is one method of payment used in international trade transactions. The Uniform Customs and Practices
(UCP 600) are the current internationally recognized set of rules created by the International Chamber of Commerce
(ICC) which govern the use of letters of credit.
The benefit to using a letter of credit is that it provides a conditional guarantee of payment from the importer (applicant)
to the exporter (beneficiary) if the terms and conditions of the documentary credit are complied with.
Attend this webinar to understand the process of a letter of credit and how to comply with letter of credit requirements
to help reduce or prevent costly discrepancies.
Date: January 13, Thursday 2010
Time: 08:30 AM PST | 11:30 AM EST
Duration: 90 Min
Instructor: Jan Seal
Location: Your office or conference room (no need to travel!)
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
• Letter of Credit (L/C) process.
• Terminology in L/C.
• L/C instructions and preparation. Jan Seal
• Review of a L/C.
• Checklist for a L/C.
• Costs for importer and exporter.
• Types of discrepancies.
• Documents in a L/C.
• Overview of UCP 600.
Who Will Benefit:
• International Sales and Marketing
• International Customer Service
• Finance and Accounting
• Customs brokers/freight forwarders
Jan Seal, is a Management Consultant on International Trade and a Licensed Customhouse Broker with over 35
years of experience in imports and exports. Ms. Seal is a frequent speaker/instructor at nation-wide seminars for
international companies located around the world and international trade organizations. She also is a consultant for
medium to multi-national companies on trade compliance. She has taught courses for Import Specialists at the
National Customs Academy.
* Register Online. Use your American Express, Visa or MasterCard.
* For more than one attendee get 20% off on the price of additional attendee.
* Get your group to attend the webinar at a discounted price call +1- 650-620-3937.
* Call +1 - 650-620-3937 or Fax your PO: 650-963-2556.
* Mail your check to: ComplianceOnline (MetricStream, Inc), 2600 E. Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303.
This message was sent to you by:
Copyright © 2010 ComplianceOnline.com 2600 E. Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303