Auditing for Virtual Team Issue Escalation and Problem-Solving in global environment
January 05, Wednesday 10:00 AM PST | 01:00 PM EST
Why Should You Attend:
In this global environment, productivity can be reduced because of the increased lag time when communicating
through e-mail as opposed to face-to-face discussion. However, due to electronic delays and time zones, responses
can take more time in Internet communication, possibly up to 24 hours before a response occurs.
When auditing supply chains for issue escalation as per ISO9001:2008, it should be found how remote teams keep a
pulse on the supply chain performance results and their response to non-conforming product. Audit trails should seek
processes that stop defects from reaching unsuspecting customers, perhaps referencing how the global supply chain
implements shipment hold processes, resolving 8.3 Control of Non-Conforming Product requirements. Similarly, 8.5.2
Corrective action escalation processes should involve supply chain communication and issue resolution processes
used to respond to customer complaints, supplier problems, and supply inventories.
Questions to keep in mind include what is the impact of the supply chain issue and how are remote teams either
notified or asked to contribute. In this session remote members will learn best practices for virtual communication,
issue escalation, and corrective action for virtual teams. Our expert will take you through below 3 problem-solving
tools which will help you standardize the problem solving method so that remote teams get facts quickly, determine
possible cause and implement solutions.
• Impact Analysis Problem-Solving
• First Response Problem-Solving
• G.R.O.W. Problem-Solving
Date: January 05, Wednesday 2010
Time: 10:00 AM PST | 01:00 PM EST
Duration: 90 Min Bill Greulich
Instructor: Marna Hayden
Location: Your office or conference room (no need to travel!)
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
• Examine the virtual environment defining what sectors are impacted, and the types of communication and technol-
ogy to use.
• Illustrate how online auditing is accomplished using collaborative programs for synchronous communication and
centralization programs for asynchronous communication.
• Define how to apply 5.5.3 Internal Communication, 8.3 Control of non-conforming product, and 8.5 Continual Im-
provement and Corrective Action to virtual team environments.
• Discover how Impact Analysis Problem-Solving addresses issues that impact geographically and with culturally
diverse remote team members.
• Learn how to develop a First Response Problem-Solving methodology remote members use to identify process
variations or gaps and determine how to respond to out of control situations.
• Discuss how the four step G.R.O.W. Problem-Solving tool can be leveraged to organize synchronous meetings
while resolving continual improvement projects.
Who Will Benefit:
This webinar will provide new communication skills and tools to remote team members and quality system auditors
who are working remotely.
• Remote team members working in global supply chains
• Quality Managers and personnel responsible for ISO Quality Systems and Quality Systems Auditing
• Quality system auditors
• ISO 9001 Internal Auditors and Consultants
• Company ownership and top management that drives the ISO 9001 requirement
• ISO 9001 Consultants
• VP/Director of Supply Chain & Materials Management
• Senior management
• Quality / Operations VPs / Directors
• Regulatory Affairs
For the past 14 years, Shauna Wilson, president of Amazon Consulting, Inc. has focused her consulting talents on
performance management, International Standards, and building high performance Internet Teams. With twenty
years of Quality field experience in high tech industry, Wilson is an IRCA certified QMS auditor who conducts online
internal ISO9001QMS audits for Corporate 500 companies and registration audits (site and online) for Verisys Regis-
trars. She holds a BA in Communication, and an MS in Instruction Design and Performance Management Technolo-
gies. Wilson published InterneTeaming.com: Tools to Create High Performance Remote Teams. She has presented
at ASQ International Conferences since 2002 and her writings have been featured in Quality Progress, The Auditor,
and ASTD's InfoLine. Shauna Wilson is the Education Chair at 0607 Portland ASQ Section.
* Register Online. Use your American Express, Visa or MasterCard.
* For more than one attendee get 20% off on the price of additional attendee.
* Get your group to attend the webinar at a discounted price call +1- 650-620-3937.
* Call +1 - 650-620-3937 or Fax your PO: 650-963-2556.
* Mail your check to: ComplianceOnline (MetricStream, Inc), 2600 E. Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303.
This message was sent to you by:
Copyright © 2010 ComplianceOnline.com 2600 E. Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303