Payroll Closeout 2010 and Preparing for 2011
December 02, Thursday 10:00 AM PDT | 01:00 PM EDT
Why Should You Attend:
Year End closing can be an extremely daunting and tedious time for any payroll department. Tasks must be done
correctly or none of the information needed for tax time is valid. This causes delays, additional budget expense and
emotional stress, as well as decreased payroll team morale. And of course, the threat of penalties for non-compliance
always looms large.
The effort, accuracy and time consumed in closing out the payroll year are directly affected by to two factors:
• A well trained payroll department that knows what to do and when
• The quality of the preparation for the year at hand
This presentation is a thorough recap of compliance issues and requirements for payroll’s 2010 Year End closing and
the latest information for preparing the payroll department for a successful 2011.
Date: December 02, Thursday 2010
Time: 10:00 AM PDT | 01:00 PM EDT
Duration: 90 Min
Instructor: Vicki M. Lambert
Location: Your office or conference room (no need to travel!) Vicki M. Lambert
• Best practices for closing out 2010
• Handling duplicate Form W-2 requests correctly
• When to use the Form W-2c
• When to correct the Form W-2 itself
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
• Why you cannot use “magnetic media” in 2010 to submit to SSA but may have to use to submit to the state.
• Reconciliation of Form W-2 to Form 941 and why it must be done.
• Update on year-beginning annual changes for social security wage base, fringe benefit limitations, federal per diem
allowance, standard mileage rate, qualified transportation fringe benefits, the demise of advanced earned income
credit and more.
• How to create a year-end notice to update your employees for the coming year.
• Best practices on organizing the payroll department for year-end including action item check lists for Form W-2,
Year end and Year beginning to ensure a smooth process.
• How to handle duplicate requests for Form W-2 including charging fees.
• Best practices for gathering, calculating and reconciling W-2 data.
• Taxation of fringe benefits at year end including awards and prizes, moving expenses, personal use of company
cars and gift certificates.
• Electronic delivery of W-2s to employees.
• When to use the Form W-2c and when to correct the W-2 itself.
• State regulatory changes affecting payroll including SUI wage bases, minimum wage increases and more.
• Review of EFW-2 record changes for tax year 2010.
• Review of filing deadlines.
• 2011 changes to Form W-2 including the Affordable Health Care Act
Who Will Benefit:
• Payroll professionals
• Human resources
• Accounting personnel
• Business owners
• Any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and technicalities of the payroll process
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP is president and academic director of The Payroll Advisor™ a firm specialized in the
training of payroll professionals. With over 30 years of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions
as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert has become the most sought-after and re-
spected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training
seminars on payroll issues across the United States that have been attended by executives and profession-
als from some of the most prestigious firms in business today.
* Register Online. Use your American Express, Visa or MasterCard.
* For more than one attendee get 20% off on the price of additional attendee.
* Get your group to attend the webinar at a discounted price call +1- 650-620-3937.
* Call +1 - 650-620-3937 or Fax your PO: 650-963-2556.
* Mail your check to: ComplianceOnline (MetricStream, Inc), 2600 E. Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303.
This message was sent to you by:
Copyright © 2010 ComplianceOnline.com 2600 E. Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303